[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chad Johnson Prediction

MrTed46

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to start CJ and Henry...but I can't considering I would have to bench either Roy or Engram...the way things have been going (even though I am 7-2)...Marshall will have a career day on my bench and I'm not even considering him...

I know regardless what I do...I will bench the player who scores the most points which contradicts the rule of thumb "start the player that scores the most points"

It looks like McCallister WILL play this week, but Rolle probably will not, according to 1570 WNST here in Baltimore. McCallister is coming off a knee injury, so there's no telling how sharp he might be.

I'd still start CJ and Henry. Hopefully CIN will keep Henry away from parking lots over the next few days :D

Just my opinion here (with nothing else really to back it up) but I think that Chad Johnson has never fully recovered his confidence after he got the sense knocked out of him last year playing Cleveland. Remember the dazed interview after the game? "How'd Bodden do guys?" "Hugh!"

I think he has been playing with that in the back of his head ever since. And now getting dazed again this last week, I think he will be playing with hesitation instead of the brash all-out attitude that he used to play with. Damaged goods IMHO. He might still come up with a good game here and there, but his days of consistent play making each week are now over if you ask me.

Just my opinion here (with nothing else really to back it up) but I think that Chad Johnson has never fully recovered his confidence after he got the sense knocked out of him last year playing Cleveland. Remember the dazed interview after the game? "How'd Bodden do guys?" "Hugh!"

I think he has been playing with that in the back of his head ever since. And now getting dazed again this last week, I think he will be playing with hesitation instead of the brash all-out attitude that he used to play with. Damaged goods IMHO. He might still come up with a good game here and there, but his days of consistent play making each week are now over if you ask me.

I have to disagree here. Palmer is throwing all over the place. Even to Housh but Housh is making spectacular grabs and he also got his bell rung once this year and it was because Palmer threw a wild ball. If anything I am going to argue and say Palmer isnt the same and thats why the drop in production. But thats me.

Also, Chad has caught passes where he got POUNDED this year. More than any other year. I know this because he is one of my fav players so I tend to have his games on alot. The one he got injured last week he didnt give up to get the ball he went for it resulting in the injury.

I honestly have to say blaim Palmer. As a QB you know your best WR is going to get coverage but you still need to feed your playmakers. But Palmer cant even hit a wide open Johnson what is he going to throw if hes single or double covered?

Just my 2cents.

so you are saying you are trying to trade for Chad Johnson right now :D

so you are saying you are trying to trade for Chad Johnson right now :D

:D He sucks... but I'll do you the favor of takign him off of your roster!

Actually I trade him away in one of my local leagues recently. Still waiting to see if that was a good move or not.

:D

He is number 2 in the league in receiving yards and could conceivably be #1 after this week with Moss on bye.

Wondering aloud here: Are teams still double-covering CJ as if he's the #1 WR? Also, based on the fact that Housh and Palmer spend a LOT more time going over film, coverage schemes/reads, the playbook, etc. together than CJ and Palmer do, Palmer likely considers Housh his best option. Also, It's clear that there's a rift between them, and any time a WR starts talking about wanting to be traded (or merely doesn't squash rumors about it), the effect on the locker room will trickle onto the field. With Henry back, I can't see how Chad is going to fare any better, because Palmer will have another reliable target that he can throw to instead of CJ. The neck injury only adds further doubt to the situation. And though the optimist in me says "with Henry out there, CJ might find more holes in the defense", I just don't buy that he and Palmer are going to click all of a sudden.

However, despite what trends and appearances might show to contradict the likelihood of a CJ outburst, the fact that I traded CJ last week will guarantee that he blows up soon to the tune of 2 TDs and 150+ yds. I'm not saying this weekend, but soon...

Wondering aloud here: Are teams still double-covering CJ as if he's the #1 WR? Also, based on the fact that Housh and Palmer spend a LOT more time going over film, coverage schemes/reads, the playbook, etc. together than CJ and Palmer do, Palmer likely considers Housh his best option. Also, It's clear that there's a rift between them, and any time a WR starts talking about wanting to be traded (or merely doesn't squash rumors about it), the effect on the locker room will trickle onto the field. With Henry back, I can't see how Chad is going to fare any better, because Palmer will have another reliable target that he can throw to instead of CJ. The neck injury only adds further doubt to the situation. And though the optimist in me says "with Henry out there, CJ might find more holes in the defense", I just don't buy that he and Palmer are going to click all of a sudden.

However, despite what trends and appearances might show to contradict the likelihood of a CJ outburst, the fact that I traded CJ last week will guarantee that he blows up soon to the tune of 2 TDs and 150+ yds. I'm not saying this weekend, but soon...

He clicked in the later part of the season last year also. I think he had insane # of yards in 2-3 games. So I dont see why it cant happen again.

Listen I am putting my prestegious and glamorous huddle reputation on the line here. The cluckingbirds known as mrted46 are saying 2 TDs this weekend by ocho cinco.

its official. put it in the books.

I'm gonna have to call y'all out here, 4 rec for 70 some yards and no TD's is EXACTLY what I was talking about. This is what we can expect, sure he might blow up next week, but this is his norm........and yes Bushwacked......IT SUCKS!

Call me out I was totally wrong. I admit and will say I will not make bold predictions again (thats probably a lie).

However, to my defense....its hard to catch 2 TDs when your QB didnt even throw one. Palmer is a pathetic POS and struggled against a crappy DST (due to injuries).

I lost because I started CJ but I started him with pride. I am hoping CJ lands to another team next year. I do not like him on the crappy team anymore. Eventhough they won, they played like total sheet.

Call me out I was totally wrong. I admit and will say I will not make bold predictions again (thats probably a lie).

However, to my defense....its hard to catch 2 TDs when your QB didnt even throw one. Palmer is a pathetic POS and struggled against a crappy DST (due to injuries).

I lost because I started CJ but I started him with pride. I am hoping CJ lands to another team next year. I do not like him on the crappy team anymore. Eventhough they won, they played like total sheet.

It was a bizarre game, watched the whole thing. SEVEN FGs, unbelievable.

I am glad I started Graham, Its sad when the kicker gets more pts than CJ and Henry combined. Where have all the touchdowns gone?

Palmers accuracy this year has been horrible. He takes time to throw the ball and they are always off target. If Palmer played on a team with scrub WRs they would be winless. More than half the passes had to be adjusted by the WRs to make the grab. Even Chris Henry had to make impressive catches in situations where a normal pass should have been delivered.

I was HIGH on Palmer until this year. I hope its just one of those things.

Well, CJ certainly is in a slump overall, but he's too damn talented to bench IMO. He was overthrown on the one TD shot I can remember. That's been the case a few times over the last couple weeks. Even at 70 yards, I will continue to start him.

Anyway, with Henry back, I think you will see more of the reduced TJ numbers.