[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SI rates NFL stadiums for fan value

PaulOttCarruth

A little harsh on Qualicomm...but most of it is accurate. I loved Jack Murphy Stadium in it's heyday....Fouts winging it and Chuck Muncie running over

fools...then a sprinkle of " Little Train James "...... :D ....Sigh.....

On my visit to Qualcomm, I don't know about "value" because the concession stands were like a f*cking rugby scrum (apparently Californians underestimate 20-some thousand Wisconsinites collective thirst for the suds), but it had terrific sightlines and was a very comfortable place to watch a game, with no bad seats apparent to me.

When Lambeau was done they kind of enclosed the stadium so games would continue. They thought there would be a riot had they built a new stadium and imploded the original. Is Arrowhead doing the same?

I dont know how they will renovate, I went to a game about a month ago and a parking attendent came by and told us that there will be no RV's or buses allowed to tailgate for 2 years.

many find the crowd "very rude and foul-mouthed." "There are a lot of individuals who don't have any regard for little kids, cursing the opposing team and any fans of that team who happen to be sitting in the area." "Fans seem to feel they are owed something".

I don't know about this, when we went to Paul Brown Stadium, the Cincy fans were fine - a bit mouthy, but they took what they gave and kept it civil.

Ouch. Atlanta is 29th....and they sum the whole stadium up very well. I can't disagree with anything.

Remind me again why we (Atlantans) are such bad football fans and how we are suppose to support our team no matter what??

Edited by millerx

Lambeau:

Hot Dog $3.25

Soda (20 oz.) $3.25

Beer (16 oz.) $5.25

Expected Meal Cost $10-$20

Program $6

Cap $12.95

8 out of 10

Arrowhead:

Hot Dog $3.50

Soda (14 oz.) $2.25

Beer (14 oz.) $3.75

Expected Meal Cost $10-$15

Program $5

Cap $18.00

6 out of 10 :D

SI must like thier caps? :D

BEER IS THAT CHEAP AT ARROWHEAD? Looks like I found my next football road trip.

Can not wait for the new "Jerry World" to be built. It should blow away any other stadium in America ("no offense" spoken ala Rodney Dangerfield)

It's flashy but if it doesn't have the history of the old stadium (the same field when Roger Syaubach and Landry stood) it misses something.

It's flashy but if it doesn't have the history of the old stadium (the same field when Roger Syaubach and Landry stood) it misses something.

The indoor/outdoor 0.15 inch thick carpet at Texas Stadium is the worst! It is like being tackled on your street. It has absolutley the worst parking, too.

When Lambeau was done they kind of enclosed the stadium so games would continue. They thought there would be a riot had they built a new stadium and imploded the original. Is Arrowhead doing the same?

Yes.

Here' s a pic of the new stadium once it's done. http://www.kcchiefs.com/newarrow/

There will be new luxury boxes, all new guts (bathrooms, restaurants, scoreboards, larger walking areas etc).

Youtube is blocked, you'll have to explain what this is about.

Imagine a drunken fool standing at one end of a piss trough and then using said trough as a Slip-n-Slide.

Remind me again why we (Atlantans) are such bad football fans and how we are suppose to support our team no matter what??

Well let's see, before Vick, you could only sell out that eyesore of a dome when they were playing a popular team, then most of the crowd would be rooting for the opponent. Then you get the idiot Vick and suddenly you have an influx of clueless season ticket holders. Now he's gone, the team sucks again and it's back to TV blackouts. Read the first few reviews in the article and compare those to the dome experience. Big difference.

I'm not saying that it's not understandable -- the Falcons have sucked for a long time, and there are probably a million transplants from other cities. But the rating is justified.

Even when the Braves were good in the 90s, a good segment of the "fans" at Turner Field were young professionals who got tickets through work and only went to the games to drink and try to hook up. The concessions area beyond the outfield is like a singles bar on a Friday night. Not that it's not a fun time, just isn't what you would consider very good support of the team. Come to think of it, the Braves couldn't even sell out their first round PLAYOFF games.

Yes.

Here' s a pic of the new stadium once it's done. http://www.kcchiefs.com/newarrow/

There will be new luxury boxes, all new guts (bathrooms, restaurants, scoreboards, larger walking areas etc).

Cool. You can't replace history. I like it when older stadiums are renovated rather than replaced.

That's good to hear. Kansas City has some of the best fans in the league.

We tailgated with a slew of Packers fans, they were all really cool to hang with, course we were giving them crap about Brett never beating us, but we figured we'd better cause it might be the last time we could say that :D I'm jealous of teams that have that franchise QB, that's the teams you see winning championships.......are yoiu listening Carl :D