[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michigan Week

sacosud

What does Michigan week mean??

#20. Chris Spielman and the rest of the Buckeyes wearing the Earle Bruce

head bands and upsetting a favored Michigan. Bruce waiving that

stupid hat he wore as they carried him off the field. Spielman had 20

tackles in that game.

#19. Desmond Howard doing the Heisman pose after taking a punt like 60/70

yards for a td at the Shoe in a Romp.

# 18. Tai Streets taking a slant pass to the house as Shawn Springs slips

and falls Wolves win 13-9.

#17. Archie Griffin never losing to the Wolves in his career.

#18. Gordon Gee and John Cooper calling a tie against Michigan as one ofthe greatest victories in OSU history.What are you kidding me???

#17. Tomzack being carried off the field and trying to keep the ball from being swiped by fans as a OSU Victorysends them to Pasadena.

#16 The Snow Bowl Game. Michigan beats OSU in the Shoe during a blizzard and fans sit in the stands to watch If you have seen highlights of this game you will know how crazythe weather was and how crazy of a game it was. The score and year slips my mind, but there was alot ofpunting going on and Michigan blocked a punt to win the game.

#15 The gold pants given to any OSU player that defeats Michigan. The gold pants is a gold charm of a pair ofgold pants. The tradition began I believe when a OSU coach said webeat the pants off them today boys andhence started handing them out to Buckeye Players after defeating the Wolves.

#14.Troy Smith brings back the Buckeyes to were they belong by beating Michigan all 3 years he started and a personal favorite of mine is the"Houdini" play scramble throw to Gonzo to the 4 yard line in 2005 to seal the win. (the look on the DB face as he kept staring at the balllaying in Gonzo's arms was priceless) Pittman goes untouched to end the comeback attempt by Michigan.

#13 Tom Brady/ Brian Griese/ Jim Harbaugh including his guarantee victory. ( I hate you all.)

#12 Charles Woodson(hate you too) single handily wins Heisman in the "97"game. Punt return for a td and receiving td and shuts down Boston for the most part, but how about the fight between Boston and Woodson you see every November before the game. Boston does exact revenge the following season on Marcus Ray(columbus native) by blasting past him and holding the ball outin a classless display when he strolls in endzone as Ray dives at his feet.

#11. John Cooper(nuff said)

#10 Llyod Carr (nuff said)

#9 Tress(Thank God) guarantees we will be proud of our boys in 300 somedays in Ann Arbor(finally someone gets it)

#8 Michigan vs OSU 2006 in the shoe #1 vs #2 and the game played out asadvertised. Ginn's bomb/Beainie's

run to the house.

#7 Tim Biabatuka rushs for 313 yards against OSU in 1995 and destroys OSU chances to go to Rose Bowl and win a National championship. I was at that game in Ann Arbor and I paid 80 dollars to a scalper to watch that horrible display of defense. Terry Glenn says he's not worried aboutMichigan and Woodson shuts him downin his freshmen year. That was a long drive home.

#6 Will Allen intercepts the ball at the one has Navarre gets 2 cracks atthe end zone in 2002 to end anothernational championship. Mo Clarett catches a important screen pass andscampers to the 6 where Mo Hall takes a option pitch for the game winning td and seals the ticket tothe "Desert" and a National Championship against the Miami Hurricanes. My son is born same year I planned that.(hmm...You think that's by chance)

#5 The 12 year war between WOODY AND BO this is where most people feel the

real hatred began. BO leaves OSU for Michigan and WOODY was not happy about that and it showed.

#4 Woody Hayes throws a beat down on Michigan and asked "Coach why did yougo for 2 up by like 30 points"Woody's world famous response "Because they would not let me go for3." ....."Ouch".

#3. Jonathan Wells bust through the line on 4th@1 and bolts for 60 td inAnn Arbor to began the end for Michigandominance in "The Game" and making a Tress a legend for hisprediction 300 some odd days earlier.

#2. Woody 's pure hatred for Michigan never saying their name and callingthem the team up north. Rumor has it that he pushed the team Bus once over state lines tomake sure they bought their gas in OHIO. I'm not sure I believe that, but hey it makes a good story.

#1. The Fans/Players and the stories and the tradition of the "The Game"

guys I only think about this weekAnthony Carter, Jim Karsartos, Kirk Herbstreit (led us to that

greatest tie/win in OSU history) Kolesar the Buckeye Killer(I hate you). Keith Byers, Will Allen, David Boston,

Dee Miller, Andy Katzenmoyer, Marcus RayGlenn Steele, Mike Vrabel ,Bellisari brothers, Andy Groom (punter

love), Dimitrius Brown, Mike Lanese, Cris Carter, Brayland Edwards, AJ Hawk, Stanley Jackson(not good

memories) Joe Germaine(boy/man) Andy Moeller and the whole Moeller family.Chris Perry(hate you even

if your a Bengal and maybe even more now) Antoione Winfield....The list could go on and on as to guys who

have made a difference in the game, some you know and some you don't and a whole lot I missed.

My most hated Michigan Player..."Drum Roll" Charles Woodson being from

Cleveland literally having his best games against OSU. I almost want to puke watching him strolling around

with that Rose in his mouth(97-98) and ending a national championship for my Bucks(95)(freshmen year). Woodson is also the best college DB I have ever seen in person and ever for that matter and the fact he's from OHIO makes it worse.

Edited by sacosud

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#12 Charles Woodson(hate you too) single handily wins Heisman in the "97"game. Punt return for a td and receiving td and shuts down Boston for the most part

I'd say that was the icing on the Heisman cake, but the plays that really stick out in my mind from Woodson that year are the PR vs OSU, and that insane, one-handed int vs the Spartans - that int had me doing the Jack Buck :D "I don't believe I saw what I just saw"

#7 Tim Biabatuka rushs for 313 yards against OSU in 1995 and destroys OSU chances to go to Rose Bowl and win a National championship. I was at that game in Ann Arbor and I paid 80 dollars to a scalper to watch that horrible display of defense. Terry Glenn says he's not worried about

Michigan and Woodson shuts him downin his freshmen year. That was a long drive home.

Part of the salt in the wound for Bucks fans had to be that (IIRC) Eddie George had a game for the ages opposite Biakabutuka - didn't he go for 200+ yds and 3 tds or something?

Just watched the HBO documentary on the UM/OSU rivalry. Wow, it was really entertaining. I think if you are fan of either school and you have a chance to watch it, you will really enjoy it! HBO does an incredible job with their sports documentaries.

As I watched it, I thought about the rivalry that ESPN rated #1 (The Iron Bowl: Auburn v. Alabama) and what the documentary would look like for that game. Basically similar, but the people being interviewed would have a lot less teeth.

Anyway, even being a fan from a part of the country where REAL football is played (The South), I always have respected the tradition and loved watching that game. It 's that kind of passion that draws me to college football. Can't wait to see the game this year!

Edited by millerx

Great week for Bucks and Wolves fans.

It starts on Monday when all you see or hear on the local news is the big game, the hair on your arms and legs start standing and they don't go down until gametime. That's the truth for this Buckeye fan.

I get butterflies in my stomach as if I were suiting up for an old HS game . This is one week , where you set aside the ENTIRE Saturday and give the wife and kids as much money as they need to leave the house for several hours, so you can enjoy every sound of the game, and for those that have not attended such a game............YOU MUST ! Although I fear for my safety in Ann Arbor .

Regardless of either teams talents or rankings, both teams play full speed with intensity in this rivalry. Winning this contest by a mere point is well worth a slide in any poll due to either teams rankings when they enter. This game, I believe means more to it's players, coaches and fans then any National Title ever won by either school, where can you find that type of pressure in a regular season game.

:D GO BUCKS !

It starts on Monday when all you see or hear on the local news is the big game, the hair on your arms and legs start standing and they don't go down until gametime. That's the truth for this Buckeye fan.

I get butterflies in my stomach as if I were suiting up for an old HS game . This is one week , where you set aside the ENTIRE Saturday and give the wife and kids as much money as they need to leave the house for several hours, so you can enjoy every sound of the game, and for those that have not attended such a game............YOU MUST ! Although I fear for my safety in Ann Arbor .

Regardless of either teams talents or rankings, both teams play full speed with intensity in this rivalry. Winning this contest by a mere point is well worth a slide in any poll due to either teams rankings when they enter. This game, I believe means more to it's players, coaches and fans then any National Title ever won by either school, where can you find that type of pressure in a regular season game.

So.....what you're saying is that there won't be a loss of focus at all this week? If by chance OSU loses, you'll say they got beat by a better team???

Just trying to understand you.

This game, I believe means more to it's players, coaches and fans then any National Title ever won by either school, where can you find that type of pressure in a regular season game.

:D

Cmon- let's not get carried away here- as great a rivalry as it is........

no way in hell does a OSU/Mich rivalry win mean more than a National Championship.

:D

Cmon- let's not get carried away here- as great a rivalry as it is........

no way in hell does a OSU/Mich rivalry win mean more than a National Championship.

No, but that would be the only game I would put ahead of "The Game".

I would be pretty pumped up about playing USC as well.

USC vs OSU would take me back to the days when the Rose Bowl meant everything.

I still would take a win in Ann Arbor over going to the Rose Bowl if given a choice.

Edited by sacosud

Just watched the HBO documentary on the UM/OSU rivalry. Wow, it was really entertaining. I think if you are fan of either school and you have a chance to watch it, you will really enjoy it! HBO does an incredible job with their sports documentaries.

As I watched it, I thought about the rivalry that ESPN rated #1 (The Iron Bowl: Auburn v. Alabama) and what the documentary would look like for that game. Basically similar, but the people being interviewed would have a lot less teeth.

Anyway, even being a fan from a part of the country where REAL football is played (The South), I always have respected the tradition and loved watching that game. It 's that kind of passion that draws me to college football. Can't wait to see the game this year!

I don't have HBO, but a friend from work is recording it tonight for me.

I have a Rival DVD, that my wife got me 3 years ago that documents the Michigan/OSU game since the begining.

It's okay and they make the DVD for all the big games Auburn/Alabama and all the rest.

Classic is replaying a lot of the games and the DVD is set. I just watched the "97" game again.

It still hurts, but yet I can appreciate Woodson even though I HATE HIM.

I find myself cheering at points even when I know the outcome. :D I would be watching the "81" game if my son and his friend was not playing playstation on the tv I recorded it on...Guess waht they are playing???? Yep, OSU vs Michigan....GO BUCKS....Neighbor kid is a Wolve and I still let him in the house this week...lol :D I have a lot of the games on VCR tape in my basement so I can watch whenever ,but this is the week I go down there and get them out. Classic does interviews with players added to the footage so it's nice to hear the players talk about the game.

Edited by sacosud

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/?

Serious Buckeye Fan web base community.

http://www.muckfichigan.net/

Not really behind this since I try to teach my son to respect your enemy :D, but it's interesting.

http://www.deadschembechlers.com/deadschembechlers_018.htm

This is in bad taste now and I really respect Bo, but shows how far some will go.

The band it self is not bad if you like punk.

The band did retire last year and I heard they refused to go by the name after his death. RIP Bo

Not a fan, but here you go. http://www.buckeyessuck.com/1.html

Edited by sacosud

Solid, not great. I think it sort of suffered in that the OSU-UM rivalry is ongoing, there can't really be a final statement or sense of closure. That, and they HORRIBLY mispronounced St Ignace.

Though at the end, one guy says "the recipe for Michigan cookies is to put them in a big bowl and beat them for 3 hours" - and that's clearly wrong. Everyone knows that's the recipe for Notre Dame cookies.

I don't have HBO, but a friend from work is recording it tonight for me.

I have a Rival DVD, that my wife got me 3 years ago that documents the Michigan/OSU game since the begining.

It's okay and they make the DVD for all the big games Auburn/Alabama and all the rest.

Classic is replaying a lot of the games and the DVD is set. I just watched the "97" game again.

It still hurts, but yet I can appreciate Woodson even though I HATE HIM.

I find myself cheering at points even when I know the outcome. :D I would be watching the "81" game if my son and his friend was not playing playstation on the tv I recorded it on...Guess waht they are playing???? Yep, OSU vs Michigan....GO BUCKS....Neighbor kid is a Wolve and I still let him in the house this week...lol :D I have a lot of the games on VCR tape in my basement so I can watch whenever ,but this is the week I go down there and get them out. Classic does interviews with players added to the footage so it's nice to hear the players talk about the game.

When you get a chance to watch the HBO documentary your friend is recording, come back and give us a report...I'd like to know what a true fan of the rivalry thinks of it!

Right.

This week is a good example. Although the LSU vs. Ole Miss is no longer a major rivalry since the Rebels no longer regularly competed for the National Championships it's still a tough game. LSU leads this series 52-34 including the the last 5 matchups, however what you may not know is the margin of victory has been by 3 or less points in four of those games. Can't take a week off in the SEC.

Thought this was interesting. Despite Ohio State winning 3 consecutive games and 5 of the last 6, Michigan still leads the series 57-40 with 6 ties. Just prior to the Buckeyes recent run Michigan had won 5 of 6. Seems this rivarly runs in streaks. Question is will a new streak begin this weekend?

Another question for all you Michigan fans. Why all the love for Bo Schembechler? Bo never won a NC like your current Coach Carr and wasn't his bowl record a dismal 5-12? :D

Since my Trojans don't play this weekend, I can turn all my NCAA football fan energy to this one. I've got a couple UM alum friends here who won't be here Friday - flying back to be at the game, then staying through the Turkey Day break. Their excitement is contagious.

It is interesting how most other conferences play for two more weeks past it though. I wonder if the Big10 will ever change that schedule issue...

If Michigan lost every game, all season long, and then beat OSU, I would consider the season a success. I don't know how other fans consider rivalries with their respective enemies, but winning the OSU game is really all the matters with me. Outside of this match up, I just want to watch good football...

You fear for your safety in Ann Arbor, Are you kidding me.....Columbus is a death trap.............please....