[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chad causes his own problems

rebdog

I used to love Chad Johnson. I had him in my keeper league for his entire career up until I traded him four weeks ago.

Yesterday just added to my disappointment in him and what he's let himself become.

Besides blaming his troubles on injuries as of late, he's become very selfish.

When he fumbled the ball in the 2nd half yesterday at the Arizona 10 when they were fighting to stay in the game, instead of fighting for the ball or at least being ready to make a tackle, he sat dejected on the field and didn't even look for what was happening with the play.

For those who didn't see it, Arizona could've easily run it back if the DB would've just realized that he wasn't touched and wasn't going to be touched.

Chad Johnson is not a team player. That play says it all. I was never a fan of all his talk but I used to believe him when he said that it was just his personality and part of who he is. What he is is about himself. -

I used to love Chad Johnson. I had him in my keeper league for his entire career up until I traded him four weeks ago.

Yesterday just added to my disappointment in him and what he's let himself become.

When he fumbled the ball in the 2nd half yesterday at the Arizona 10 when they were fighting to stay in the game, instead of fighting for the ball or at least being ready to make a tackle, he sat dejected on the field and didn't even look for what was happening with the play.

For those who didn't see it, Arizona could've easily run it back if the DB would've just realized that he wasn't touched and wasn't going to be touched.

Chad Johnson is not a team player. That play says it all. I was never a fan of all his talk but I used to believe him when he said that it was just his personality and part of who he is. What he is is about himself. -

Sadly, I agree.

Yeah, Chad needs to get his sh*t together. He needs to play every play to the end and show the passion for the game that he is getting paid for.

With regard to his production, even with bone spurs in both ankles which will require off season surgery and a QB who cant hit the side of a barn these days and tends to leave the ball high every time he throws to CJ leaving him exposed to big hits, he still ranks pretty high in yardage.

You guys are looking to get RID of CJ??

No me...he's going to help my team make the playoff run baby...

With regard to his production, even with bone spurs in both ankles which will require off season surgery and a QB who cant hit the side of a barn these days and tends to leave the ball high every time he throws to CJ leaving him exposed to big hits, he still ranks pretty high in yardage.

You guys are looking to get RID of CJ??

No me...he's going to help my team make the playoff run baby...

My league is NOT PPR. Scoring is crucial....and CJ hasn't scored since Week #2. Even last year 5 of his 7 TDs came in a two week period. Just doesn't cut it.

My league is NOT PPR. Scoring is crucial....and CJ hasn't scored since Week #2. Even last year 5 of his 7 TDs came in a two week period. Just doesn't cut it.

There's no doubt CJ is in a slump and scoring erraticly the last two years. However,

1) Why do you take CJ in a league that requires TDs to get the points? He's been single digit TDs the last 3 years. His value is mostly yardage where he's led the AFC for those same 3 years IIRC.

2) Put in someone who is healthy and scoring better.

There's no doubt CJ is in a slump and scoring erraticly the last two years. However,

1) Why do you take CJ in a league that requires TDs to get the points? He's been single digit TDs the last 3 years. His value is mostly yardage where he's led the AFC for those same 3 years IIRC.

2) Put in someone who is healthy and scoring better.

Chad has scored 9 TDs a few times and never misses games....and our league gives double points for TDs of 50+ yards which he gets two or three each year. Plus, we do get some points for yardage. He's been a good fantasy WR in any format. My point is that he's dropped off the last couple years and I think he's only got himself to blame.

Edited by rebdog

Chad has scored 9 TDs a few times and never misses games....and our league gives double points for TDs of 50+ yards which he gets two or three each year. Plus, we do get some points for yardage. He's been a good fantasy WR in any format. My point is that he's dropped off the last couple years and I think he's only got himself to blame.

There is no doubt that he isn't having the year expected when drafted. But he is far from a Bust and is a #1 FF WR on most teams. I disagree that he is to blame for his lack of TD's. And I say lack of TD's because he still is averaging about 100 yards a game. You have to point to erratic QB play, continued emergence of TJ, and a lack of a running game which is causing teams to drop back and double up on Chad. I would say that whenever he gets the opportunity, he makes the most of it. Yeah, he's made a few mistakes and there is no question that he sat there like a baby on the field yesterday after fumbling. But given my previous points and the injuries he has endured (Neck Sprain and Bone Spurs in Each Ankle), I would be so tough on him...

Carson, just as he did for the first half of last season, has forgotten that he can force the ball downfield to Chad and Chad will make plays for him. He quite simply needs to remember that when Chad isn't open, Chad is open.

Chad Johnson is not a team player.

What he is is about himself. -

Dude! out on a limb!!

Next thing you'll say Mikey Vick isn't the highest class human being in the whole wide world or GW isn't a gifted speaker. cmon now you radical.

i was commenting on a specific play in the Cinci/Arz game on Sunday. this is a message board about football is it not?

maybe you'd like to share your profound insight with us? :D

Calm down. He's saying that you're the master of the obvious. Kind of like starting a thread about the Pat's offense being pretty good after they scored 50+... Again...