[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Grant

FantasyGuy20

edit: i remember reading something where i think it was the packers rb coach who said grants running style and body most remind him of dorsey levens

That was a thread I posted up two months ago from Draftsharks where the current Greenbay RB coach(a former GB RB I think) said that Grant reminded him of Levens. I picked Grant up but two days later DeShawn Wynn scored two td's. Fortunately I kept Grant on my roster. :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a thread I posted up two months ago from Draftsharks where the current Greenbay RB coach(a former GB RB I think) said that Grant reminded him of Levens. I picked Grant up but two days later DeShawn Wynn scored two td's. Fortunately I kept Grant on my roster. :D

That's Edgar Bennett and he posted similar glowing reports about Grant and Wynn. Packer fans saw little of Grant in the PS and Wynn didn't look good so most of us weren't encouraged. That's all changed now. Ted Thompson did a nice job.

I too benched Grant and played Chris Henry (WR CIN) instead. Grant put up 22 points in my league which would have been really nice for my overall score. I was hesitant to start him this week after his poor performance last week, although stat wise he played well last week averaging over 4 yards per carry and put up 80+ yards with under 20 carries. The guy seems to be the real deal and is definitely worth holding onto and starting in the playoffs as GB faces run happy pass Ds. The "fierce" quality of his run style is definitely the mark of an NFL caliber running back. I watched the Detroit game and he made some impressive cuts and showed extreme peripheral awareness. What puts him up there (top 15) in fantasy play is his receiving abilities. If that line keeps playing well this guy should have a great career.

The big question here, is Grant's value for next year. It will be practically impossible to determine if he will start by the time most drafts will be taking place next year. You know the Pack's best case scenario is to have Jackson tote the rock, for financial purposes. What round will Grant go in next year? I'm at a crossroads in my dynasty league. We can keep up to five. I was planning on keeping zero, thus entering the McFadden sweepstakes. If Grant is going to be a solid keeper, it may make more sense for me to keep Palmer, Westbrook, Grant, Bowe & Holt.

The problem is that there is a team in our league that has LT, AD, Portis, Randy & Fitz. (we start 3 RB's). There is no way under any circumstances I can expect to have a team as good as his in the next 4-5 years without getting a hit on a young guy like McFadden. I have the 2nd best team in our league. Do I throw it away for a 50/50 shot at McFadden, or keep collecting second place money?

Edited by Seahawks21

The big question here, is Grant's value for next year. It will be practically impossible to determine if he will start by the time most drafts will be taking place next year. You know the Pack's best case scenario is to have Jackson tote the rock, for financial purposes. What round will Grant go in next year? I'm at a crossroads in my dynasty league. We can keep up to five. I was planning on keeping zero, thus entering the McFadden sweepstakes. If Grant is going to be a solid keeper, it may make more sense for me to keep Palmer, Westbrook, Grant, Bowe & Holt.

The problem is that there is a team in our league that has LT, AD, Portis, Randy & Fitz. (we start 3 RB's). There is no way under any circumstances I can expect to have a team as good as his in the next 4-5 years without getting a hit on a young guy like McFadden. I have the 2nd best team in our league. Do I throw it away for a 50/50 shot at McFadden, or keep collecting second place money?

Westbrook is the only guy that is hard to give up for your keepers. Palmer is probably second hardest, but he is replaceable. I'd probably take a chance on McFadden, though I don't know what sort of impact that might have for you. I'm not in any dynasty leagues any more...

You know the Pack's best case scenario is to have Jackson tote the rock, for financial purposes. What round will Grant go in next year?

Why? Jackson is a 2nd round pick not a high first. Big difference.

The rest belongs in the advice forum.

Well, Rest Of Season Rankings sure isn't high on him. They have him 26th. :D

Odd. It's rather clear that the job is his. GB has pillowy soft RB match-ups the rest of the year. He's out-performed at least half the guys ranked ahead of him over the last few weeks and there's little reason to expect much change. Some ahead of him, like Larry Johnson, are rumored to be shut down for the year. Others like Rudi J/K Watson and C Taylor/ A Pete are sharing carries. Others still have put up some completely awful games lately and their teams are in the tank (Lendale White?).

One would have to say that he is, at very least, an above average RB2 in any size league for the remainder of the year and thus worth a ranking in the mid teens. I, for one, would have a hard time coming up with much more than 10 backs I would trade straight up for him right now.

Odd. It's rather clear that the job is his. GB has pillowy soft RB match-ups the rest of the year. He's out-performed at least half the guys ranked ahead of him over the last few weeks and there's little reason to expect much change. Some ahead of him, like Larry Johnson, are rumored to be shut down for the year. Others like Rudi J/K Watson and C Taylor/ A Pete are sharing carries. Others still have put up some completely awful games lately and their teams are in the tank (Lendale White?).

One would have to say that he is, at very least, an above average RB2 in any size league for the remainder of the year and thus worth a ranking in the mid teens. I, for one, would have a hard time coming up with much more than 10 backs I would trade straight up for him right now.

I agree. Outside of Favre Packers players aren't respected very much. Jennings was rated #40 yet in the past 6 weeks he scored highly.

Obviously people expect the Packers to fold but I don't see it.

I agree. Outside of Favre Packers players aren't respected very much. Jennings was rated #40 yet in the past 6 weeks he scored highly.

Obviously people expect the Packers to fold but I don't see it.

Yep, not long ago Jennings was ranked behind no less than 3 Jacksonville WRs! Of course, as of now, Jennings has 1 less TDs than the entire Jac WR corps combined.

He's the next Samkon Gado

Based on the current situations going forward, would you trade him straight up for Larry Johnson, Lendale White, Maurice Morris, Thomas Jones, or Justin Fargas? Knowing that GB faces the 27th, 29th, and 32nd fantasy Ds against RBs weeks 14-16? Not to mention the 30th in week 17 if you need it?

all of those guys are currently ranked ahead of him.

Edited by detlef

Why? Jackson is a 2nd round pick not a high first. Big difference.

The rest belongs in the advice forum.

There is no way Grant makes half of what Jackson makes. I'm betting Jackson makes what, almost a million a year? 3 or 4 year deal? Meanwhile, Grant probably makes about 300k, most likely on a one-year deal. I'm guessing there is at least a 3 milion dollar difference. When the cap is around 100, that is somewhat significant. Not high first significant, but you would still rather be able to get rid of the cheap guy than the more expensive guy.

I wasn't looking for advice really as much as I was trying to open people's eyes up a little early to what could be an interesting situation going into next season. Does Grant have long term value? I'm not sure that this is a fantasy question as much as it is a football question.

I dont understand the low rankgins. Cowboy game this week might not be huge numbers but I think he is top 15 rest of the year. I would start him over Ernest Graham and if AP is back and healthy certainly instead of Chester Taylor. Most certainly would start him over T Jones and Lendale White so if not Top 15, certainly top 18. The dude can play and he is one of the best offenses in the league getting 20+ carries a game and also a factor in the passing game. What is there not to like. I once rode Dorsey Levens to fantasy glory and Im taking my shot with Grant

I dont understand the low rankgins. Cowboy game this week might not be huge numbers but I think he is top 15 rest of the year. I would start him over Ernest Graham and if AP is back and healthy certainly instead of Chester Taylor. Most certainly would start him over T Jones and Lendale White so if not Top 15, certainly top 18. The dude can play and he is one of the best offenses in the league getting 20+ carries a game and also a factor in the passing game. What is there not to like. I once rode Dorsey Levens to fantasy glory and Im taking my shot with Grant

Skepticism probably. He hasn't shown he can be consistent yet. Greg jennings was #40 and that was probably due to the same and an injury history.

There is no way Grant makes half of what Jackson makes. I'm betting Jackson makes what, almost a million a year? 3 or 4 year deal? Meanwhile, Grant probably makes about 300k, most likely on a one-year deal. I'm guessing there is at least a 3 milion dollar difference. When the cap is around 100, that is somewhat significant. Not high first significant, but you would still rather be able to get rid of the cheap guy than the more expensive guy.

I wasn't looking for advice really as much as I was trying to open people's eyes up a little early to what could be an interesting situation going into next season. Does Grant have long term value? I'm not sure that this is a fantasy question as much as it is a football question.

Bigby makes 113,000.

Brandon Jackson —

base salary $285,000-

bonuses $760,000-

cap salary$475,000

Edited by Randall

62 yard scamper! Ahhhhh that feels good..... :D

Would have felt better if he wasnt on my bench (thanks mostly to going with the Bench/Start suggestions by our fearless editor). Yikes. My gut feeling said to play him (although that was the same gut feeling that had me start the Indy Defense over the Minny Defense and Donald Lee over Chris Cooley last week).

Ouch.

But yeah, the kid is good. Any questions? Im playing him in weeks 14, 15 and 16. Ill make a decision between FWP and Kolby Smith (or LJ) each week. Grant is a keeper in the lineup against the weak teams they face coming up.