[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chester Taylor vs AP

Flip_Side

That would be good analysis if it weren't wrong. Chester only has 8 carries, AP keeps getting carries -- he's got 50% more than CT ... up to 12 now ... Chester's got 101 yards on 8 carries so far ... APete's at 0 for his 12. Still, even the second comings have off days.

Call it what you want, but once they got that big lead the offense went vanilla. No tosses or sweeps. Just run the RBs into the line to keep the clock moving...

one of the reasons I'm down 10 points...have Chester and Kevin Jones on the bench

LOL, me too. Played Travis Henry & Fargas instead. Although with Coles, TO and Big Ben, it wouldn't have made much of a difference for me.

Luckily I knew I didn't need that many points this week so I started AP and Taylor at flex. I figured there would be at least two rushing TDs that game and I needed them no matter who they are from. The scary part is I'm completely clueless on next week. AP lit up Chicago last time they played. I don't think I can start both again and who is more likely for a big game next week?

AP lit up Chicago last time they played. I don't think I can start both again and who is more likely for a big game next week?

Dude, right there with you. In addition, I have Henry and Selvin Young. It's the first week of the playoffs next week and I already want to throw myself off a cliff. :D

Let me know if you have any insight. My only thought is it's a divisional game at Chicago in what could be a close affair for at least a couple of quarters. I could see AP getting 2nd and 3rd quarter work. Chester could have some nice numbers as well as the Vikes hold them off, in addition to Chi having a porous run D this season.

I am considering both.

Getting gameplanned out of the game by the sorry 49ers Defense :D

As I post this, im sure he breaks a 99 yard run where he jumps over 4 guys stacked on top of each other, then jukes 3 guys on his way to the endzone

FWIW, Niner D hasn't been all that bad vs. the run (middle of the pack in DMD's RB SOS). Hell, take away that one long run by Taylor and his numbers look rather pedestrian as well.

The one bright spot for the niners all year has been rookie MLB Patrick Willis.

I watched the whole game, and the 49'ers game plan was obviously to stop AD. Whenever he was on the field, they put 8+ in the box or brought some crazy run blitz (with great effectiveness). Plus, Willis is a beast and seemed to be on a permanent assignment to counter AD. When Chet was on the field, the safeties noticebly backed up into more pass coverage formations versus run support.

Hurt me fantasy-wise. Big deal. My (real) team still won, and Tarvaris once again looked fairly competent. Go Vikes!

Edited by wirehairman

I watched the whole game, and the 49'ers game plan was obviously to stop AD. Whenever he was on the field, they put 8+ in the box or brought some crazy run blitz (with great effectiveness). Plus, Willis is a beast and seemed to be on a permanent assignment to counter AD. When Chet was on the field, the safeties noticebly backed up into more pass coverage formations versus run support.

Hurt me fantasy-wise. Big deal. My (real) team still won, and Tarvaris once again looked fairly competent. Go Vikes!

Exactly. I heard on the broadcast that the Niners lead the league in run stuffs (runs of zero or minus yards) or some such thing, and there was discussion on local radio that the offense is pretty predictable from the lineup perspective now. When Peterson is in the game, they run to him, he comes out on pass situations, they theorized he doesn't pick up his blocking assignments well, still. Seems to make sense, when thinking back at the game. It's a little worrisome moving down the line, if they don't change that up a little. I've never thought Chilly that good at in-game adjustments, so hopefully they will alter the game plan a tad.

That being said, they are really performing at a high level right now. If the opposition sells out on AP every time, it's now conceivable that they can complete an occasional pass downfield. Which I would have never said a month ago. Jackson looks like a completely different QB to me at this point. Poised, strong, delivering the ball to players in stride, making good decisions.

All that being said, I would not be surprised to see them lay a complete egg on Monday Night. I doubt it, but I am not assuming a thing yet.

Edited by Chadman

Exactly. I heard on the broadcast that the Niners lead the league in run stuffs (runs of zero or minus yards) or some such thing, and there was discussion on local radio that the offense is pretty predictable from the lineup perspective now. When Peterson is in the game, they run to him, he comes out on pass situations, they theorized he doesn't pick up his blocking assignments well, still. Seems to make sense, when thinking back at the game. It's a little worrisome moving down the line, if they don't change that up a little. I've never thought Chilly that good at in-game adjustments, so hopefully they will alter the game plan a tad.

They passed the ball quite a few times when I would've put money on Chilly calling a run up the gut into the entire 49'ers defense. Maybe, he is finally coming around, too. :D

:D Nah. :wacko: