[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Petrino Out

Ice717

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see his recruiting now. Sitting in some kids livingroom with Ma and Pa nearby and saying that he will teach perserverence through adversity. That they can count on him to teach the young man values, and they can count on him at least half way through the next year so long as things are going right and there is no adversity whatsoever.

OMG if Dungy left Indy for Atlanta, Colts fans would be having fits.

There's no way that Dungy would leave a perennial playoff team and recent champion stocked with talented and a brand new stadium for a talentless craphole of a team that plays before crowds of 20,000 in a craphole of a stadium. After reading Dungy's book, I'm convinced that the Colts will be his last coaching job, as I think that he's going to retire within the next couple of years (he almost did last year). He still has one teenage son and he and his wife adopted three infants when they were in Tampa. With a house full of kids and his desire to do volunteer work, he has plenty to do outside of coaching.

There's no way that Dungy would leave a perennial playoff team and recent champion stocked with talented and a brand new stadium for a talentless craphole of a team that plays before crowds of 20,000 in a craphole of a stadium. After reading Dungy's book, I'm convinced that the Colts will be his last coaching job, as I think that he's going to retire within the next couple of years (he almost did last year). He still has one teenage son and he and his wife adopted three infants when they were in Tampa. With a house full of kids and his desire to do volunteer work, he has plenty to do outside of coaching.

Yup, totally agree with you. There is NO reason for him to go. He has already accomplished so much and football isn't even the most important thing in his life.

Kornheiser called him a lying scumbag that was just waiting for the right college job to open up. Too bad it wasn't to his face.

He said this because he asked him about the Michigan job and he said how he would stay in Atlanta when he knew he was leaving.

I can see his recruiting now. Sitting in some kids livingroom with Ma and Pa nearby and saying that he will teach perserverence through adversity. That they can count on him to teach the young man values, and they can count on him at least half way through the next year so long as things are going right and there is no adversity whatsoever.

How many of you would allow your kid to play for him? He's toast and he deserves it.

I heard on the radio today that he huddled his coaches together, told them he was leaving, and then left.

Edited by MikesVikes

I don't think this was a Vick killing but a college coach that couldn't adjust to coaching older players and the differences of pro vs college ball. I'm not surprised he bolted back to the college ranks but his timing is horrible.

I'm pretty sure that if Vick were still playing football, Pe-trash-o would still be in the ATL too.

Or Blank could hire a new G.M., and allow him to hire his own head coach.

It pains me to offer him, but Atlanta has been through enough already people, its time to lend a helping hand and sacrifice for our southerners in need. In an attempt to do our job, no, our civic duty to restoring peace and stablilty to a hopeless situation, we the good samaritin residents of the state of Michigan donate Matt Millen :D

God Speed Matt, God Speed. :D

They should just move the Falcons. Atlanta is a college town. Always has been. Always will be. No fan support, unless Vick was on the team, and now they support him while he rots in jail. It's becoming a completely failed franchise. How much worse can it get with 9 winning seasons in 42? We're watching it now.....

Welcome back to 20,000 in attendance.

Edited by Pope Flick

They should just move the Falcons. Atlanta is a college town. Always has been. Always will be. No fan support, unless Vick was on the team, and now they support him while he rots in jail. It's becoming a completely failed franchise. How much worse can it get with 9 winning seasons in 42? We're watching it now.....

Wow, great info. Look at the Hawks and even the Braves when they were great didn't get great attendance.

Coaches are replaceable (especially bad ones like Petrino), but Vick going to the joint may have been the last nail in the coffin for the Falcons. I'd say that they're tied with Jacksonville right now for the Most Likely to Move title.

I know that the league is pushing hard for LA, but unless they pony up a good half billion to supplement the tax funding that Californians will vote down (and I don't blame them), it's not going to happen. No ownership group is going to pay over a million out of pocket for a stadium when they can get it at a fraction of that cost elsewhere. I'd say that San Antonio and even Toronto are more likely.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Coaches are replaceable (especially bad ones like Petrino), but Vick going to the joint may have been the last nail in the coffin for the Falcons. I'd say that they're tied with Jacksonville right now for the Most Likely to Move title.

I know that the league is pushing hard for LA, but unless they pony up a good half billion to supplement the tax funding that Californians will vote down (and I don't blame them), it's not going to happen. No ownership group is going to pay over a million out of pocket for a stadium when they can get it at a fraction of that cost elsewhere. I'd say that San Antonio and even Toronto are more likely.

The only thing that favors LA - for what it's worth - is that the NFL Network is based right up the street from me, and if they held a SB here every 5 years (which is usually part of any 'plan' I've heard about for the last 12 years) I'd be willing to bet it wouldn't be a losing proposition for them over time.

I'm sure somewhere they are 'running the numbers' for such a thing.

I think they should just do the SB every 5 years out here anyways. That could be cheaper too: they could convince the Rose Bowl of that I think.

Okay, no offense Bill. You obviously don't know the owner of the team. Arthur Blank will NEVER, I repeat NEVER move this team from Atlanta. He is not in it strictly for the money. This is were he has roots. This is where he founded Home Depot. He will NOT move the team. He wants it to succeed. He wants it to be his project to make the Falcons a respected NFL franchise. He took some great steps and got kicked in the groin by a dumba$$ QB, and a terrible choice as Head Coach. However, he will eventually turn this thing back around,like he did when he first took ownership in 2002. It's just been a VERY ruff (pun intended) year. Same with his co-owner of Home Depot, Bernie Marcus. He opened the WORLD'S LARGEST Aquarium here in Atlanta because he wanted to give back to the city that gave him his start/status.

It might take some time, but, the Falcons will eventually go back to selling out their games because of, not inspite of Arthur Blank.