[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben

heehawks

Every single thing that I have seen on local tv says that Ben is going to play. It is still week 15 and likely your playoffs so it is probably best to take a look at pre-game but I have him set in my lineup based on everything that I have seen on local news.

Roethlisberger did practice fully on Friday but man, he's already got a banged up Holmes and is facing the Jags defense in the snow with nearly 20 mile an hour winds. That sounds like lower expectations to me.

I'm at a hotel in Pittsburgh right now at 8:00 AM. There is a steady rain, it is cold, but, not windy so far.

You are right though, the Weather Channel is calling for heavy winds and a light, wet snow at game-time.

I do think the Steelers are going to need to pass against Jacksonville. The Jags are tough to run on, and the Steelers offensive line is weak and will have trouble opening up any lanes for Parker.

thanks for the update....great to see someone right there...speaking of that, 10 miles from Gillette stadium...steady snow right now, lot on ground...supposed to change to freezing rain around noon..then steady rain around 2.....but very windy......could be ugly, but gotta keep your pats in the lineup

so, safe to keep big ben in? only option is eli...uggh!

I'm at a hotel in Pittsburgh right now at 8:00 AM. There is a steady rain, it is cold, but, not windy so far.

You are right though, the Weather Channel is calling for heavy winds and a light, wet snow at game-time.

I do think the Steelers are going to need to pass against Jacksonville. The Jags are tough to run on, and the Steelers offensive line is weak and will have trouble opening up any lanes for Parker.

I would normally agree with you about the Jags' run D, however, with the injuries they have, there might be a chance at a decent running game for Pitt today. However, your other points are true, as the Steeler O-line is weak both in run and pass blocking and the weather could slow things up even more. Those are the 2 factors I'd be more concerned about moreso than the Jag D.

thanks for the update....great to see someone right there...speaking of that, 10 miles from Gillette stadium...steady snow right now, lot on ground...supposed to change to freezing rain around noon..then steady rain around 2.....but very windy......could be ugly, but gotta keep your pats in the lineup

so, safe to keep big ben in? only option is eli...uggh!

Good news as I'm going against Brady and going with Ben in Good VS Evil. Run the ball Pats. :D

EDIT

*** Saturday Update *** QB Ben Roethlisberger (PIT) wants another shot at Jacksonville. "I feel embarrassed," Roethlisberger said. "I didn't play well. It was a bad game for me. I have some redemption in mind. I want to come out and play well. Just not get caught up doing too much. You want to get a win; it's an important game for us."

Edited by Randall

Garrard has 2 TD in each of last 3 games, only 1 INT on the year. Seems like a no brainer. ESPN said Ben came out and made two passes, then went back into the locker room. Whatever that means.

But Ben is at home, is used to bad weather, and Jags have the 27th ranked pass D.

Garrard is on the road against the #2 ranked passing D. And his WR's are worse than Ben's.

I just don't think I can make the switch as long as Ben is healthy enough to play. I swear to god, if he gets benched or aggravates his shoulder, I'm gonna puke.

But Ben is at home, is used to bad weather, and Jags have the 27th ranked pass D.

Garrard is on the road against the #2 ranked passing D. And his WR's are worse than Ben's.

I just don't think I can make the switch as long as Ben is healthy enough to play. I swear to god, if he gets benched or aggravates his shoulder, I'm gonna puke.

On ESPN earlier there was a report when the plane landed 1/3 of the Jags players had never seen snow before. :D

Is Reggie Nelson playing? And Rashean Mathis?

He is active.

December 16, 2007, 11:52 ET

Jacksonville Inactives

Summary: RB LaBrandon Toefield, WR John Broussard, G Uche Nwaneri, OL Tutan Reyes, DE Jeremy Mincey, DE Reggie Hayward, LB Mike Peterson, CB Aaron Glenn

December 16, 2007, 11:52 ET

PIT S Polamalu Active

Summary: Steelers safety Troy Polamalu is active and should start so that's not good news for the Jacksonville offense.

December 16, 2007, 11:51 ET

PIT QB Roethlisberger To Start

Summary: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger will start as expected according to Jaguars.com