[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2012 Super Bowl bid

tonyr0802

Supposedly New Orleans, but I'm having trouble finding a link. Only this from Big John's Az link & similar blurbs around the net.

So far, Indianapolis, Houston and New Orleans are vying for the 2012 game. Bids are due by April 1.
I don't think New Orleans will get one until they ink a long term deal with the state though. Edited by rajncajn

Indy is going after getting the Super Bowl again, anyone know of other cities bidding?

Indy in February....! Sign me UP, nice and warm that time of year!!

No offense to cold climate cities with domes, but the Super bowl should be played in a warm climate every year....

Until LA gets a team, just host it in LA every year......plenty of hotels......things to do....nice weather....

Indy in February....! Sign me UP, nice and warm that time of year!!

No offense to cold climate cities with domes, but the Super bowl should be played in a warm climate every year....

Until LA gets a team, just host it in LA every year......plenty of hotels......things to do....nice weather....

Agreed. I'm all for Indy trying to land the Super Bowl, but c'mon. It's 20 degrees, windy, icy, and snowy. There is no chance of having decent weather in February here. I was in Miami for SB XLI, at it was awesome. Partly because of all the outdoor activities and the incredible weather (until the game). It wouldn't have been the same experience if it had been in Detroit, which has hosted a couple Super Bowls.

I think every once in a while the NFL throws a bone to the northern cities, especially if they've built a new stadium. I guess I don't have a problem with that, as long as it isn't too often. Might as well be Indy in 2012. After all, the city has proven it can host large events like the Final Four, the Indianapolis 500, Brickyard 400, NBA Finals, and the AFC Championship.

Looks like next year its in Tampa Bay; followed by Miami, and then Dallas in 2011...!!!

I do think that if a city builds a new stadium, and if its a cold weather climate (and has a dome), they are given consideratin.

supposedly NY was trying to get the Super Bowl, provided they built a stadium with a retractable roof, but that fell through....

Imagine being a lifelong fan, and your team FINALLY makes it to the Super Bowl, you decide to go to root them on, and instead of going to New Orleans...Miami....Tampa, you go to Detroit????

Agreed. I'm all for Indy trying to land the Super Bowl, but c'mon. It's 20 degrees, windy, icy, and snowy. There is no chance of having decent weather in February here. I was in Miami for SB XLI, at it was awesome. Partly because of all the outdoor activities and the incredible weather (until the game). It wouldn't have been the same experience if it had been in Detroit, which has hosted a couple Super Bowls.

I think every once in a while the NFL throws a bone to the northern cities, especially if they've built a new stadium. I guess I don't have a problem with that, as long as it isn't too often. Might as well be Indy in 2012. After all, the city has proven it can host large events like the Final Four, the Indianapolis 500, Brickyard 400, NBA Finals, and the AFC Championship.

The new stadium is outdoors?

Where are all the football purists at now? Football is supposed to be played in the elements, but the Super Bowl should always be played in warm weather cities? C'mon... Football's football, if the city can handle hosting it then it should be played anywhere and the teams deal with the elements.

I know though how much the all mighty dollar rules thing though, which is why a majority of the SB's will be played in warm weather cities.

Where are all the football purists at now? Football is supposed to be played in the elements, but the Super Bowl should always be played in warm weather cities? C'mon... Football's football, if the city can handle hosting it then it should be played anywhere and the teams deal with the elements.

I know though how much the all mighty dollar rules thing though, which is why a majority of the SB's will be played in warm weather cities.

yes, its great watching football in cold weather.....one of best games i ever saw was few years ago...Pats vs Titans, Saturday night playoff game...coldest game on record for Foxboro......we got a beer at the beginning of the game; it froze on us...!!!

but, most folks who travel for the super bowl go for the entire weekend festivities....and its one thing to freeze watching a game, but tough to be freezing friday, sat and sunday....thats what i was getting at...

yes, its great watching football in cold weather.....one of best games i ever saw was few years ago...Pats vs Titans, Saturday night playoff game...coldest game on record for Foxboro......we got a beer at the beginning of the game; it froze on us...!!!

but, most folks who travel for the super bowl go for the entire weekend festivities....and its one thing to freeze watching a game, but tough to be freezing friday, sat and sunday....thats what i was getting at...

Exactly. The types of people that go to the Super Bowl aren't necessarily there for the game. It's all about the parties and celebrities now.

Exactly. The types of people that go to the Super Bowl aren't necessarily there for the game. It's all about the parties and celebrities now.

.....along with the corporate sponsors who get a lot of tickets who are there for business deals or corporate favors.