[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't worry Bear fans WR help is on the way...

Guest Chappy

Guest Chappy

With Marty Booker already signed the Bears have now brought in..

Bears Sign Lloyd

The Bears and WR Brandon Lloyd have agreed to a one-year deal.

Lloyd was a huge bust with the Redskins and we don't see him fairing much better in the Windy City. There is a strong possibility he could be a training camp cut after signing such a small contract.

| March 07, 2008 4:50 PM

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=4454

-------------------------------------------

Bears Interested In McCareins

The Bears have reportedly shown interest in WR Justin McCareins.

After the Bears lost WR Bernard Berrian to the Vikings, there receiving core isn't much to look at. As bad as McCareins was with the Jets, he has a decent shot at getting a starting job in Chicago. But don't count on him just yet.

| March 07, 2008 4:24 PM

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2008/03/ho...er_receive.html

:wacko:

The bears seem intent on deconstructing what was already a declining offense. It seems like a plan to ensure a better 2009 draft pick.

Not that Chicago is going to help, but I always wondered what Lloyd could do on a team with a decent offense. He's certainly never lived up to what I thought he'd be able to do in the NFL but it's not like he's ever been in a good situation, either.

Maybe getting back with Turner will benefit him and taking a chance on Lloyd for the league minimum makes more sense than overpaying for anyone of the remaining uninspiring FA WRs, IMHO. From a Bears perspective, I see reward potential without much risk.

Booker is an upgrade over Mush ISMHO.

Now Loyd, well he was awesome at Illinois and made some great plays in SF his first year. Like Clubby, I'm interested in seeing if he can pick it up. It's my impression that he's a terrible practice player, has bad habits, and that buries him on the depth chart. Maybe Turner can help with this, who knows?

THis team is stuck in a quagmire.

Guest Chappy
Not that Chicago is going to help, but I always wondered what Lloyd could do on a team with a decent offense. He's certainly never lived up to what I thought he'd be able to do in the NFL but it's not like he's ever been in a good situation, either.

Maybe getting back with Turner will benefit him and taking a chance on Lloyd for the league minimum makes more sense than overpaying for anyone of the remaining uninspiring FA WRs, IMHO. From a Bears perspective, I see reward potential without much risk.

Solid point. I also see Lloyd's chances of being released before the season starts at a pretty high percentage as well. He just might serve as a warm body. The Bears should be awful this year.

Lloyd and booker are not even #3 wr's on the better passing teams in this league

This is a drop off of an already weak receiving corp imo

Bears may be a 5 win team and would be even less if not for a fairly week division they are in

Not good at all

Guest Chappy
This team's WR bunch is better than it was three days ago. I am fine with the signing and it's good to know Turner and Lloyd are on the same page.

:wacko:

The Bears' WRs are even close to good. They are in bad need of help and this team is in trouble.

Lloyd could be pretty good if he had an accurate QB. He runs solid routes and has exceptional hands. His problem has always been that he just can't seem to muster any seperation. Therefore, the QB has a much smaller window to throw the ball into. He hasn't had accurate QB's, and won't in Chicago. Worth a shot, I just don't think this is a good enough situation for him to flourish.

Obviously Bradley is the most talented of the group as it stands now. He has looked very good at times and abstolutely lost at others. He will be an interesting pick on fantasy draft days. He will definitely get the opportunity to showcase his abilities. I could see myself taking him if he stays on the board for a while. The big question here is what Hester can do. At least he can make them somewhat interesting to watch.

Edited by Seahawks21

As crazy as it seems, the Bears believe Hester can be a #1. I don't think so.

So, Hester/Booker/Bradley = pretty bad. Lloyd makes it still bad.

Even getting McCareins would still make them bad. I'd rather they go and get McDonald to at least get him in the slot.

Guest Chappy
I didn't say they were good relative to the rest of the league. I said adding Lloyd betters this already bad group. Way to infer... :wacko:

Easy partner. I read again that you said they were better than 3 days ago. I realize you weren't commenting on the Bears' WR core compared to the rest of the league. I was just commenting myself on how it's a bad group and a bad situation is all. No hard feelings.