[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is better?

H8tank

Who is better?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Romo
    • Garrard

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a nice thread to look through next fall....

People who didn't watch many Jags games last year didn't notice how well the team was scoring, they averaged 20+ points/game all season.

Game manager? :wacko: Dude can make all the throws, he has a great football mind and is very mature... can you say the same about romo?

Now they have brought in some new blood, and Walker is coming along...

This team has a very difficult schedule this year, and they are going to crush it.

Game manager? :wacko: Dude can make all the throws, he has a great football mind and is very mature... can you say the same about romo?

Can he beat the Colts?

If he does that I'll agree he has arrived.

So Romos ability to make plays with his feet must attribute to him being a good QB

yeah, but I've seen from Eagles games alone...not to mention the several other games that they were televised on where Bledsoe had TO wide open and just didn't throw the ball....

throwing Bledsoe in this comparison is a TERRIBLE comparison...Bledsoe and TO obviously had issues and it was known....you're all over the place by bringing Bledsoe and his statue QB form into this...

especially when Garrard has similar scrambling abilities to Romo...

now if Garrard was Byron Leftwich and couldn't run to save his life, then you might have an argument...

there are at least a few reasons why Bledsoe couldn't cut it.....and one of them being that he was washed up...

Pretending this was serious, Garrard has been in the league for six years and the only aspects of his game that are at all notable is that he is a decent runner on occasion and he hands off really well. He does not make many mistakes because he doesn't much do anything but run and handoff. The amazing thing was that he didn't have better numbers with Taylor and Jones-Drew to concern the defenses.

So far it appears he cannot play more than 12 games in a season without getting injured and now that he is over 30, I imagine that will not improve. But otherwise, sure - the same thing.

And for the record, Garrard's wife is not only a looker, she seems to be really nice too

Garrard was supposed to take over, but when they brought in a new regime...they thought they needed to draft a new QB...

I personally thought that Garrard had what it takes to win back when Leftwich was drafted and all they did was set themselves backwards in the sense that they could have added another playmaker with that 1st round pick...

and on a side note regarding this thread (instead of making another post)..... as far as the Romo vs Garrard argument goes....neither of these guys are a slouch....but I don't think these guys can be compared because the coaching staffs on both of these teams have completely opposite schemes....and Jacksonville is still running the same scheme they had when Leftwich was QB...and I can't argue with their style of offense because it physically wears their opponents down...

People who didn't watch many Jags games last year didn't notice how well the team was scoring, they averaged 20+ points/game all season.

This team has a very difficult schedule this year, and they are going to crush it.

do you mean Jerry Porter?...or am I missing something?

yeah, but I've seen from Eagles games alone...not to mention the several other games that they were televised on where Bledsoe had TO wide open and just didn't throw the ball....

throwing Bledsoe in this comparison is a TERRIBLE comparison...Bledsoe and TO obviously had issues and it was known....you're all over the place by bringing Bledsoe and his statue QB form into this...

especially when Garrard has similar scrambling abilities to Romo...

now if Garrard was Byron Leftwich and couldn't run to save his life, then you might have an argument...

there are at least a few reasons why Bledsoe couldn't cut it.....and one of them being that he was washed up...

Your post insinuated that Romos numbers were only a reflection of him having T.O and Witten. I said Bledsoe didnt have the same numbers with those same exact weapons at his disposal . You can also throw in a healthy Terry Glenn. How can including Bledsoe be a terrible comparison ? Dont make blanket statements about a guy being only as good as his wr/TE when others had the same options and didnt deliver.

What will be nice to look back on next fall ? Are you saying Garrard will outperform Romo or the Jags will outperform Dallas ? You said the Jags would win more games than Dallas last year and it cost you a C-Note to me. Would you like to try again? 100 Romo has better #s than Garrad and 100 Dallas has more wins than the Jags ?

I think that both guys are downright intriguing and that anyone who thinks they have a definitive answer as to which is better is nuts.

Garard did what JAX asked him to do - and he did it exceptionally. Romo had the much greater opportunity/burden of having to move the ball through the air and performed well. There's no question Romo had leaps & bounds better weapons to throw to, and with the JAX running game & D Garard simply didn't have to do nearly as much. Playing in the AFC, Garard also played consistently against better competition than Romo.

I'd say a reasonable non-biased person would answer that the comparison needs to be made after another couple of years. I have a sneaking suspicion the answer is going to end up being Garard.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Your post insinuated that Romos numbers were only a reflection of him having T.O and Witten. I said Bledsoe didnt have the same numbers with those same exact weapons at his disposal . You can also throw in a healthy Terry Glenn. How can including Bledsoe be a terrible comparison ? Dont make blanket statements about a guy being only as good as his wr/TE when others had the same options and didnt deliver.

no...TO and Witten open up the offense....if it came off that way, you misinterpreted it...they have Crayton and Hurd along with Glenn when healthy who can all make plays....

Bledsoe can't be compared to either of these QB's because he's a statue....and washed up...

and on top of that, the 2 QB's in this thread can't be compared because they are in two completely different offenses....

not to mention Parcells leaving and the offense wasn't nearly as conservative after he left...Garrett put together some nice schemes and the HC managed the game well for 3 quarters of the season...

you're taking the argument somewhere else instead of where it's at...

Romo has a HOF WR and a competent supporting cast. Working with a HOF talent has to rub off some, even after the HOF'er retires.

Gerrard is best known for having intestinal surgery for Crohn's disease. He can run too.

I will admit if the poll was for holding balls for a kick, the results would be lopsided in the other direction. Sorry Charlie Brown.

I think that both guys are downright intriguing and that anyone who thinks they have a definitive answer as to which is better is nuts.

Garard did what JAX asked him to do - and he did it exceptionally. Romo had the opportunity/burden of having to move the ball through the air and performed well. There's no question Romo had leaps & bounds better weapons to throw to, and with the JAX running game & D Garard simply didn't have to do nearly as much. Playing in the AFC, Garard also played consistently against better competition than Romo.

I'd say a reasonable non-biased person would answer that the comparison needs to be made after another couple of years. I have a sneaking suspicion the answer is going to end up being Garard.

exactly...two completely different offenses....

I personally believe that if Garrard was on Dallas, he'd put up identical numbers to what Romo had...

of course I don't see Garrard turning the ball over 6 times to the Buffalo Bills (:wacko: I had to throw that in there as an Eagles fan, even though it means little in this argument)...

and in case if any Dallas fan thinks that I am slighting Romo because he's a Cowboy...they couldn't be any more wrong as I have hated Aikman, but have said time and time again that he was probably one of the top 5 QB's in the 90's regardless of how great the rest of the team and OL was....

did I mention how great Dallas' OL was in the 90's?...

Romo has a HOF WR and a competent supporting cast. Working with a HOF talent has to rub off some, even after the HOF'er retires.

Gerrard is best known for having intestinal surgery for Crohn's disease. He can run too.

I will admit if the poll was for holding balls for a kick, the results would be lopsided in the other direction. Sorry Charlie Brown.

here is some earth shattering insight... :wacko:

Garard did what JAX asked him to do - and he did it exceptionally. Romo had the much greater opportunity/burden of having to move the ball through the air and performed well. There's no question Romo had leaps & bounds better weapons to throw to, and with the JAX running game & D Garard simply didn't have to do nearly as much. Playing in the AFC, Garard also played consistently against better competition than Romo.

Really. That's interesting and you could be right that we won't know for a few years. He is pretty good and had a good year. I think Romo has more upside though. I guess well see.

Romo-

26 games

55 tds

4000 yd season

7 300 yd games

96% career passer rating

Garrard-

40 games

36 tds

2509 yd season

1 300 yd game

87% career passer rating

silly question. :wacko:

Point of note. A passer rating is not a percentage. It is a statistical formuls with the highest score of 158.4. This highest number was devised in the 70's with the intent of having an average QB rating of 66.7. The passing game has changed a lot since and that number is now considered a weak rating, but the rating formula was never adjusted to account the original intent.

I personally believe that if Garrard was on Dallas, he'd put up identical numbers to what Romo had...

I disagree. No offense to Garrard who is a solid QB but Romo took over a lifeless team 2 years ago and in 1/2 a season made them a playoff team and got a pro bowl bid. The guy can make plays running or throwing and has great improvisational skills. Dallas and Romo both choked agaionst the eventual super bowl champ Giants. I will admit that. The Giants took it to them . Romo had a 4th Q shot for a win and didnt deliver. That will come in time. I am not sure of the stats at all with my next sentence but I would love to see how many QBs in the history of the NFL have better stats than Romo in their first 20 games as an NFL starting QB. It could be a lot for all I know but I have a feeling it isnt.Dallas showed promise last year but fell flat and sucked at the end. IMO the season was garbage without the playoff win. That being said I think Romo is a special NFL qb and I am thrilled he is on my favorite team.

What will be nice to look back on next fall ? Are you saying Garrard will outperform Romo or the Jags will outperform Dallas ? You said the Jags would win more games than Dallas last year and it cost you a C-Note to me. Would you like to try again? 100 Romo has better #s than Garrad and 100 Dallas has more wins than the Jags ?

:wacko: Are you on board or do you need some of this ?

Edited by whomper