[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chargers - Colts

Riffraff

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko:

Bad calls happen to every team. The fact that you think that they happen more often to the Chargers is laughable.

As for the rest of your article, you are speaking like a passionate fan, and I can imagine your frustration. There is talent on that team, and in their division, they still aren't out of the race. I stand by the fact that Marty is a FAR SUPERIOR head coach than Turner, and it was just a matter of time before he won one. (They used to say the same things about Cowher & Dungy, but, if you keep getting into the playoffs, eventually, the odds are in your favor). However, you are certainly entitled to your opinion on the coach of your team. You follow them closer than I do. Don't go to the ref thing, it is very Seahawky.

Dude! Don't "soundbyte" me! Why doidn't you include the following sentence? The one about NO POINT IN WHINING ABOUT IT? Then I go on to point out what is REALLY wrong with the team and it is NOT officiating!

You work for the New York TImes or something? :D

Dude! Don't "soundbyte" me! Why doidn't you include the following sentence? The one about NO POINT IN WHINING ABOUT IT? Then I go on to point out what is REALLY wrong with the team and it is NOT officiating!

You work for the New York TImes or something? :D

Not to mention that Jammer was picked out of that last fourth and inches play by a clueless ref. Charger fans have suffered some of the worst officiating for decades. Whining about it is pointless at this point. There was no pass interference on the second third down play. Madden, Dungy and everyone else knows that. The "League" still can't identify where the infraction occured. It was not called on the coverage of the intended WR. That was called "clean". So where was it?

So...you whine about it, say it's pointless to whine about it, then continue...to whine about it. :D

Those are the facts, ma'am - the "soundbite" only cut short your continued whining! :D :D

So...you whine about it, say it's pointless to whine about it, then continue...to whine about it. :D

Those are the facts, ma'am - the "soundbite" only cut short your continued whining! :D:D

Where under the things I see wrong with the Chargers do I say poor officiating is the reason for a crappy Charger season? The point is, they get crappy calls, but those are not the reason why they are losing.

You must be one of Menudos editors.

i've watched every game for the Chargers ove the last several years.

never have i seen such bad officiating in all those years in their games....in such bad spots.

i can say for certain it hurts a lot more because the team has put themselves in a position to be greatly

effected by the bad calls....reference the four last minute losses.

every team has calls go against them. but sometimes it just doesn't even out. this is that year.

it won't keep us from winning the SuperBowl....just maybe from making the playoffs in an ugly year.

Edited by rebdog

i've watched every game for the Chargers ove the last several years.

never have i seen such bad officiating in all those years in their games....in such bad spots.

i can say for certain it hurts a lot more because the team has put themselves in a position to be greatly

effected by the bad calls....reference the four last minute losses.

every team has calls go against them. but sometimes it just doesn't even out. this is that year.

it won't keep us from winning the SuperBowl....just maybe from making the playoffs in an ugly year.

Two words: "Immaculate Deception"

I'm not sure what you guys are complaining about. In the Colts game, there was one bad call. The PI on the third down pass to Clark.

Am I missing something?

The Chargers could have, I dunno, STOPPED the Colts on either of their fourth down plays, or even not fumble in the red zone in the third quarter, right? They could have scored a TD and not a FG on their last posession, correct? The Chargers have plenty of blame to go around. Most of it is on them, not the zebras.

Edited by CaptainHook

I'm not sure what you guys are complaining about. In the Colts game, there was one bad call. The PI on the third down pass to Clark.

Am I missing something?

The Chargers could have, I dunno, STOPPED the Colts on either of their fourth down plays, or even not fumble in the red zone in the third quarter, right? They could have scored a TD and not a FG on their last posession, correct? The Chargers have plenty of blame to go around. Most of it is on them, not the zebras.

Very true, but I also can't remember a year where so many calls by the refs have gone against the Bolts and played such a prominent role in the outcome of so many of the Bolts' games. Hopefully the law of averages will kick in, and the Chargers will get some key calls going their way soon.

Am I missing something?

I really don't understand why a lot of people keep saying they could have still stopped them on 4th or later in the game. The issue is that if the bad call would not have happened they would not have had to.

This year has had a ton of bad calls at bad times and have directly influenced the outcome of games. To say that people can't complain about it is stupid. It sucks that the outcome of so many plays this year has been taken out of the hands of the players on the field and placed in the hands of blown calls by the refs.

I see nothing wrong with CHargers fans complaining. They have gotten hosed.

Am I missing something?

Except for excluding the Gonzales fumble blown dead too early, and both third down PIs being questionable on the last drive (from Madden not me), this is exactly correct. Better play in other aspects of this game may have made that last drive moot.

But, I also agree with the good doctor in the post above. It has not been one game this season, or one call. The zebras have left players, fans and TV commentators alike going... :D:D:wacko: all season long (even Deirdork once and he hates the Chargers). One game I can deal with. The only game I remember the Chargers not getting screwed AT LEAST once was against the Patriots. Even worse, these calls come more toward the end of the games which are harder to overcome.

As far as Rivers fumble, I stated above that Clary SUCKS and needs to be replaced. That was not a bad play by the Chargers as I see it, but great play by the Colts D. Beat your man, pursue and strip the ball from behind. I can't really "blame" the offense when the opposing defense made a great play. Can you blame Rivers for the Godlike interception made by Polomalu? Maybe VJax for clanking the ball, but not Rivers, the coach or anyone else. Sometimes, the other team just makes a play, that is why sports are so cool.

This is why Charger fans are "whining" this year. There is a genuine feeling that their play (which has been sub-standard, especially by the defense) has been made worse by the officiating. I can only say I remember one call this season when I looked at wifey and said, "We got a lucky call on that one!" I am the lone voice among my fellow fans that congregate at a wings joint here in Virginny to watch the Boltz (lose a lot), pissing everyone off by not seeing replays, etc. through the Blue and Gold glasses (I was truly blind in my youth). This has been a tough year for the Bolts as a team, and the refs have only made it worse.

I agree that better play could have overcome some of what has happened. I am also relieved that because of how badly the defense has played, Teddy is gone and there is marked improvement over the last few weeks. It will be interesting to see what happens next year. Maybe Rivera is heir apparent to Turner?

The Chargers were way over-rated to start the year. Looking back, I think that expectations were based on a fully healthy team starting from day one. This didn't happen. Rivers, Gates, LT, Merriman, Jamal Williams, Hardwick, McNiel and Cooper (for a substance violation) all started the season dinged and did not practice much during camp and pre-season. The only one of these guys not a pro bowler is Cooper, but still an important cog in the middle of the D. They have looked dis-jointed all season long. Timing, assignments, breaks, injuries have ravaged this team from the start.

I do believe that this will be a much better team from the start next year. If they are lucky enough to make the playoffs this year (and it is 45% luck, 45% Broncos continuing to suck and 10% them), they could be successful. Under Rivera, they are beginning to make some stops. The offense is playing at a high level, but RT is a big question mark and FB needs to be addressed. Jacob Hester played very well at FB last week and could end up starting the rest of the season in place of Tucker.

Super Bowl? :D They are clearly lucky to still have a shot a a playoff spot. This has been a tough season. :D

ahh yes. I forgot about the Gonzo fumble/incomplete pass. I haven't seen it on TV, but from the replays I saw at the game it was VERY close. I'm not sure he had control of it, and I'm not sure he didn't. By the way, the Chargers have the worst replay screen I have ever seen at an NFL stadium. There is only one, and it is tiny.

The first PI was an obvious call. It goes without saying that Madden is an idiot. I saw the play, and it was blatant interference. The second one was a bad call. The point is, the Chargers had plenty of opportunities to win the game, but didn't make the plays. Period.

I think Chargers fans have taken the obvious bad call in the Broncos game and just run with it. There are bad calls EVERY game (I can list several, including one that cost the Colts the Jags game). But now, to them, they are all just magnified by the Hochuli call. The Chargers have lost 3 other games in the final 24 seconds besides that one. Geez, make a play on defense, and your record is 7-4. :wacko: