[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No suspension for Burress. News on Sproles, Benson, Forte,

irish

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/01...nts_burres.html

Burress Won't Be Suspended

Today, 06:35 PM

Giants WR Plaxico Burress is not expected to get further discipline by the league for his off-field gun problems.

Commissioner Roger Goodell said that because Burress isn't a repeat offender, he shouldn't need more punishment. "We're looking at repeat offenders and we may not wait for the process to conclude when we have repeat offenders," Goodell said. "You can have false accusations once, maybe twice. When you start getting to multiple (arrests), you're putting yourself in the wrong position, you're making the wrong decisions in the wrong places.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/spr...oying-tampa.htm

Sproles Intent On Testing FA

Today, 06:30 PM

While he wants to stay in San Diego, Chargers RB Darren Sproles said he will test free agency.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7483

Bengals Talking To Benson

Today, 03:41 PM

A player rep for Bengals RB Cedric Benson has been in discussions with the team on a contract extension. The Bengals are probably also looking into drafting another RB.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...,0,263601.story

Forte's Toe Healed

Today, 02:18 PM

Bears RB Matt Forte's toe is completely healed.

http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2...onsiders_homeco

Williams Says He Likes Seattle

Today, 02:04 PM

Jaguars WR Reggie Williams said he would like the opportunity to play in Seattle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football..._but_says_.html

Jacobs Looking For Barber $$$

Today, 01:13 PM

Giants RB Brandon Jacobs is reportedly looking for the same contract extension Cowboys RB Marion Barber got. Barber signed a seven year deal worth $45 million, with $16 million guaranteed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=65746

Haynesworth Won't Take Discount

Today, 11:48 AM

With talks between the Titans and DL Albert Haynesworth going nowhere regarding a new extension, Haynesworth added that he won't take a hometown discount.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers...ves/019080.html

Bigger Role For Gore

Today, 11:36 AM

Newly-hired 49ers OC Jimmy Raye thinks RB Frank Gore can carry the ball 25-time a game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2449

Jackson A New MMA Fighter?

Today, 11:19 AM

The Vikings reportedly want QB Tarvaris Jackson to get into Mixed Martial Arts. The team hope Jackson's involvement will help with his hip work.

http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2...eady_for_change

Hasselbeck Completely Healthy

Today, 11:06 AM

Seahawks QB Matt Hasselbeck says his back is completely healthy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZING!!

He was a good college player. Maybe he thinks in an offensive system he would do well. I'm not sure I'd risk being a bust in my home town.

If he stays in the AFC he could go home after retirement and tell everyone how great he would have been... :wacko:

Who was the REAL Reggie Williams as Seahawks said-

Reggie Williams (1980s outfielder), (born 1960 in Tennessee), former outfielder in MLB during the 1980s

Reggie Williams (1990s outfielder), (born 1966 in South Carolina), former outfielder in MLB during the 1990s

Reggie Williams (wide receiver), (born 1983 in Germany), wide receiver in the NFL, currently with Jacksonville Jaguars

Reggie Williams (linebacker), (born 1954 in Michigan), former linebacker in the NFL

Reggie Williams (slotback), slotback in the CFL

Reggie Williams (basketball), (born 1964 in Maryland), former basketball player in the NBA

I like the Dodgers outfielder or NBA player.

He was a good college player. Maybe he thinks in an offensive system he would do well. I'm not sure I'd risk being a bust in my home town.

If he stays in the AFC he could go home after retirement and tell everyone how great he would have been... :wacko:

Who was the REAL Reggie Williams as Seahawks said-

Reggie Williams (1980s outfielder), (born 1960 in Tennessee), former outfielder in MLB during the 1980s

Reggie Williams (1990s outfielder), (born 1966 in South Carolina), former outfielder in MLB during the 1990s

Reggie Williams (wide receiver), (born 1983 in Germany), wide receiver in the NFL, currently with Jacksonville Jaguars

Reggie Williams (linebacker), (born 1954 in Michigan), former linebacker in the NFL

Reggie Williams (slotback), slotback in the CFL

Reggie Williams (basketball), (born 1964 in Maryland), former basketball player in the NBA

I like the Dodgers outfielder or NBA player.

I think its the NBA player. He was a member of the Georgetown National Championship team (which was nick-named "Reggie and the Miracles").

You guys aren't amusing.

Reggie can't hurt his legacy here. Whether he would be a bust or not in a Seattle uniform, his legacy at UW is absolute cement. The majority of fans here are bigger UW fans than NFL fans anyways. That said, I really do think Reggie would play a little better here. In college, he played with a chip on his shoulder that I haven't seen at all at the NFL level from him. Coming back here just might help him get that back. I don't know that it will work, but it might be Reggie's best chance for success.

I might've misunderstood... are you saying that JAX isn't an offensive team? Cuz RW accounted for only 10% of reception yards this year. Jax has a pretty good offense, he just can't get it done.

I agree to a degree as RW has shown to have some stone hands. However, he could be valuable in that he did have almost 40 rec. for over 600 yards and 10 TDs in 2007. He could be a decent redzone target. Now he only had 4 TDs the year before and a horrid year in '08, so maybe '07 was a mirage. If the Jags don't want him, going and being able to play for his hometown, may be his best option.

I might've misunderstood... are you saying that JAX isn't an offensive team? Cuz RW accounted for only 10% of reception yards this year. Jax has a pretty good offense, he just can't get it done.

No but I think with Del Rio they emphasize defense more than offense. Seattle (though Holmgren is gone) is more of a pass oriented team. I was merely wondering why Williams would think Seattle would be a better team to go to. I was trying to see things from his point of view. I doubt he sees the drops as his fault. :wacko:

Seattle this year was awful but last year averaged 7.5 more attempts per game than Jacksonville.

You guys aren't amusing.

Neither has Reggie's play been in Jax. We'll see if he does better elsewhere. He was a great HS and college player.

Edited by Randall

This thread title ought to be reworded. I opened it just to find out why on earth Sproles, Benson and Forte might even have been looking at a suspension.

Valid point. When I was putting it together I figured most would realize that Burress and suspension went together and that there was just news on the rest. So after seeing it through your eyes, I can see how it's misleading.

ESPN is scrolling a Philadelphia Inquirer thing saying Westbrook may need knee surgery FWIW.

I saw that either yesterday or the day before and wasn't surprised considering the knee issues he's had. Since Buckhalter doesn't likely return and Booker isn't the answer (or so I've heard), the Eagles will more than likely draft a RB pretty high, I'd imagine. Maybe even in the 1st?

Commissioner Roger Goodell said that because Burress isn't a repeat offender, he shouldn't need more punishment. "We're looking at repeat offenders and we may not wait for the process to conclude when we have repeat offenders," Goodell said. "You can have false accusations once, maybe twice. When you start getting to multiple (arrests), you're putting yourself in the wrong position, you're making the wrong decisions in the wrong places.
So much for Goodell the tough guy :wacko:

Jaguars WR Reggie Williams said he would like the opportunity to play in Seattle.
Their WRs are such a mess it's probably one of the few places he has a shot at some real touches lol

Newly-hired 49ers OC Jimmy Raye thinks RB Frank Gore can carry the ball 25-time a game.
I think OC Jimmy Raye is either a moron or wants to end Gore's career.

The Vikings reportedly want QB Tarvaris Jackson to get into Mixed Martial Arts. The team hope Jackson's involvement will help with his hip work.
wtph

Seahawks QB Matt Hasselbeck says his back is completely healthy.

Yeah and I totally trust that so I will draft him this year. :D

I still like these little misc. off-season snippets though.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2449

Jackson A New MMA Fighter?

Today, 11:19 AM

Something about wrestling around with other dudes to improve your "hip work" just sounds ghey. But hey -- it's the Viqueens. :wacko: