[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

James Hardy info

satelliteoflovegm

Even if he's wrong, Hardy feels he will learn from Owens. So I think he will. Only negative for Hardy was his comment at 4:00 and shortly after...Hardy speaks: Rehab, Owens, Number

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness, is it really umm... fair to say Dallas's WRs havent learned or grown from watching TO? We still have yet to see what they can do without Owens.

Isaiah Stanback was on Sirius saying how he learned a LOT from Owens, and will miss him as a team mate. Said he learned a lot from working out, to practicing, to watching film. I think its fair to say that WRs learn from him, but it is yet to be seen any of them produce.

I really think BB was :wacko: if not, then the offseason is starting to get to him.

Really? He'll ignore him? Maybe even fight him uhhh? I don't think you're being reasonable or logical. I think you're wrong.

Yeah, I think TO will brush him off. Again - where is there any documentation that TO has taken any younger WR under his wing & taught him the ropes?

I really think BB was :wacko: if not, then the offseason is starting to get to him.

That would be untrue.

Anyone who think TO is going to help Hardy is doing so from their "feelings". There's nothing I've seen that shows that he has made any effort to make young players better - and there's plenty of evidence that shows he's a terrible influence on his teammates.

That would be untrue.

Anyone who think TO is going to help Hardy is doing so from their "feelings". There's nothing I've seen that shows that he has made any effort to make young players better - and there's plenty of evidence that shows he's a terrible influence on his teammates.

Didn't someone in this thread post a link to a cowboy WR talking about how they had learned a lot from TO? I think he's a parasite, but that is testimony from a teammate. I don't find the idea impossible that he could help a young WR.

Didn't someone in this thread post a link to a cowboy WR talking about how they had learned a lot from TO? I think he's a parasite, but that is testimony from a teammate. I don't find the idea impossible that he could help a young WR.

True. And I also feel that Owens could help a young WR without even trying to. So help is help even if it's in an indirect way. I don't know if he'd have a sitdown and talk a young WRs ear off until it were chapped but through work ethic, practice, and just performance in general, a young WR could learn some valuable lessons if paying close enough attention.

True. And I also feel that Owens could help a young WR without even trying to. So help is help even if it's in an indirect way. I don't know if he'd have a sitdown and talk a young WRs ear off until it were chapped but through work ethic, practice, and just performance in general, a young WR could learn some valuable lessons if paying close enough attention.

This was exactly my point. Although I wouldn't take advice on the training aspect 'cause I think alot of team chemistry is built through training with your teammates.

Yeah, I think TO will brush him off. Again - where is there any documentation that TO has taken any younger WR under his wing & taught him the ropes?

and where is the evidence he hasn't? You probably don't like him and so are jaded to lean negative when he comes up. I like him and am a pretty positive person so I choose the other route.

But what has been said here three or four time and you fail to address is...he can help Hardy in an indirect way right from the first day of OTA's when Owens gets all the reps and Hardy stands next to his position coach and the coach says, "you see that guy with 900+ catches and 140 Td's?" "Well watch him run and hand check and block down field and etc...you watch him every play and run the same route the same way mentaly"

Mental reps are hugh in the NFL

Edited by satelliteoflovegm

So here we go again.....I get the fact you hate TO. But you have to admit the receivers he is working with now are far better than what he has had around him in the past couple years. I'm sure Hardy will have more chance to be better with watching TO. With out ever seeing a great receiver up close like Owens, Hardy's chances would more than likely be less.

So here we go again.....I get the fact you hate TO. But you have to admit the receivers he is working with now are far better than what he has had around him in the past couple years. I'm sure Hardy will have more chance to be better with watching TO. With out ever seeing a great receiver up close like Owens, Hardy's chances would more than likely be less.

I don't hate TO. Why would I? I have tremendous respect for what he used to be capable of between the lines, and his track record of being a team wrecker speaks for itself. Given his increibly selfish behavior, why would it be inconceivable that he could actually be detrimental to the development of a young player, rather than automatically expecting the young player to get better merely by his presence - by osmosis, I suppose.

I don't hate TO. Why would I? I have tremendous respect for what he used to be capable of between the lines, and his track record of being a team wrecker speaks for itself. Given his increibly selfish behavior, why would it be inconceivable that he could actually be detrimental to the development of a young player, rather than automatically expecting the young player to get better merely by his presence - by osmosis, I suppose.

"homer hope" :wacko:

That would be untrue.

Actually Sam Hurd has said that T.O. has helped him in his game. Also remember Brent Farve has stated that he don't help his replacements beat him. But in reality if you just watch him he is helping because they can learn from that IF the player wants too. Someone don't have to teach you how to play. You got there because you knew something. Its up to each individual player drive to get them to the next level whether its to be a starter, a pro bowler, or even a hall of famer. Those guys make the decisions on how they want to be in the NFL. T.O or any other stud player is someone they can watch day in and day out to see how to get there. So his mere presents should help Hardy if he is willing to observe at least.

Guys BB's definitely fishing even if he's says he's not because the idea that Owens can't help a fellow WR is silly and he has too much football knowledge not to understand this himself. Other players have already come out and said that he has in fact helped them and that they will miss him now that he's gone. But even if he decided not to act like a WR coach to guys like Hardy, what they'll learn just from watching him will help them improve their game.

Osmosis...you so silly BB. :wacko:

Edited by irish

Actually Sam Hurd has said that T.O. has helped him in his game.

I'd be interested in reading that if you could find a link.

Guys BB's definitely fishing even if he's says he's not

Nope - not fishing at all. Enjoying a good debate, though. Always fun to spar with people who are passionate about their beliefs.

I'd be interested in reading that if you could find a link.

Well here you go. Enjoy!!!

http://gridironfans.com/forums/latest-nfl-...his-mentor.html

[Cowboys] Cowboys WR Sam Hurd Talks About Losing His 'Mentor'

The Cowboys' decision to release Terrell Owens leaves Brackenridge graduate Sam Hurd without a mentor. Hurd gravitated to T.O. from the start, as an undrafted rookie in 2006, Hurd spent countless hours after practice at training camp in Oxnard, Calif., working on his game with T.O. So what did Hurd think of the Cowboys whacking his mentor? "This is a business. I understand it's a business," Hurd said. "I mean, some day I won't be a Dallas Cowboy. It was just like, 'Wow.' I really didn't believe he's seen that coming or anybody seen that coming. I mean the only way I thought we were going to release Terrell was getting Ray Lewis and obviously we didn't get him, so I never seen it coming."

http://thelandryhat.com/2008/07/17/the-hurd-mentality/

Special Post from MBIIIEffect

If there’s one backup player on the Dallas Cowboys’ roster that has caught my attention over the past two years, it’s been Sam Hurd. He first drew the media spotlight when he found an unlikely mentor in Pro Bowl wide receiver Terrell Owens.

Hurd’s first year with the Cowboys was 2006. This was the year when a tender hamstring kept “the player” out for most of training camp, and T.O. stuck to riding a stationary bike in his helmet and spandex, grinning whenever cameras turned his way, much to the chagrin of then coach Bill Parcells. But after practice, Hurd would run routes and catch balls with Owens, with the vet giving Hurd tips on route-running and other tricks of the trade gathered over his career.

Let’s face it: T.O. is no saint. He must have seen something in Hurd that impressed him enough to make him want to hang around after practices. Soon enough, Hurd got his chance to shine when Terry Glenn joined T.O. on the sideline with injury. After a few days of practice, other Cowboys were taking notice of the 6′2″, 195-pound undrafted receiver from Northern Illinois.

* Former QB Drew Bledsoe: “The guy has been impressive. He’s going up and catching the ball, coming up with big plays. We’ve asked him to play three positions and he played all three in the scrimmage without making any mistakes. That’s pretty rare for a rookie.”

* Former RB Julius Jones: “Sam Hurd is out there making plays. The way he’s playing right now, (defenses) would have to respect him.”

* WR Patrick Crayton: “He is really taking care of his business a whole lot. I think he’s already overcome a lot of those odds.”

* Former coach Bill Parcells: “He is young. He is inexperienced. But he is in very good physical condition. He has a lot of stamina. He’s extremely bright. He knows more than one position already. I think he will be in contention for a roster spot based on what I have seen so far…You can’t help but notice some things he is doing.”

What impressed me about Hurd, apart from his being able to get T.O. to be his mentor, was his desire to impress from the start. He knew that his chances of making the team were slim. But when he caught a break, not only was Hurd’s work on his route running evident, it was obvious that he had been studying his playbook. Hats off to Hurd for seizing the day.

After the camp, Hurd was named to the final 53-man roster, but had a very quiet 2006 season. When Terry Glenn was sidelined for almost all of the 2007, Hurd saw more of the field and ended with 314 yards on 19 receptions with a touchdown. My hopes were up for the guy, especially after he snagged a 50-yard touchdown against the Giants in the first game of the season.

Even though he will be Tony Romo’s third, fourth or fifth option when the Cowboys go three wide (it’s hard to look past T.O., Jason Witten and Marion Barber…and even Patrick Crayton from time to time), keep an eye on Hurd. He’s a hard worker in practice and should put pressure on Patrick Crayton’s second WR spot during training camp coming up in a week and a half. He could prove to be another undrafted gem for the Cowboys should he keep up the hard work.

Here is some another.

http://nflcombinetraining.blogspot.com/200...ens-mentor.html

After all we have heard about Terrell Owens and his past with the 49ers and Eagles, one would not expect TO of all people to mentor a undrafted rookie free agent.

A client of mine Sam Hurd made the Dallas Cowboys roster as an undrafted rookie free agent. Sam has made a huge impact thus far.

A big reason is because of the mentoring of Owens, who has taken Sam under his wing, teaching him what has made him a success on the field. Owens stays after practice with Hurd teaching him the little things that have made him successful. He has helped guide and mentor Sam.

The Sporting News wrote a great piece during training camp entitled Hurd becoming known as more than TO's protege which in talking to Hurd has made me see a whole new side to "TO" as we may know him.

The lesson here, "don't always judge a book by it's cover" as they say. For me, I know that TO has made a positive impact on my client's career which is just starting. And for that I am thankful to him.

Train Hard

Coach Mike Gough

www.procombinetraining.com

www.athleticedgesports.com]

Edit: To highlight the second bold marking statement.

Edited by loyalboyd

Hurd gravitated to T.O. from the start, as an undrafted rookie in 2006, Hurd spent countless hours after practice at training camp in Oxnard, Calif., working on his game with T.O.

Hurd’s first year with the Cowboys was 2006. This was the year when a tender hamstring kept “the player” out for most of training camp, and T.O. stuck to riding a stationary bike in his helmet and spandex, grinning whenever cameras turned his way, much to the chagrin of then coach Bill Parcells. But after practice, Hurd would run routes and catch balls with Owens, with the vet giving Hurd tips on route-running and other tricks of the trade gathered over his career.

Let’s face it: T.O. is no saint. He must have seen something in Hurd that impressed him enough to make him want to hang around after practices.

Well, there you go. Foot meet BB's mouth. :wacko:

It's all good BB. I was shocked that you took the stance you did in the 1st place. You're usually money when it comes to this stuff.

Edited by irish

Here is some another.

http://nflcombinetraining.blogspot.com/200...ens-mentor.html

After all we have heard about Terrell Owens and his past with the 49ers and Eagles, one would not expect TO of all people to mentor a undrafted rookie free agent.

A client of mine Sam Hurd made the Dallas Cowboys roster as an undrafted rookie free agent. Sam has made a huge impact thus far.

A big reason is because of the mentoring of Owens, who has taken Sam under his wing, teaching him what has made him a success on the field. Owens stays after practice with Hurd teaching him the little things that have made him successful. He has helped guide and mentor Sam.

The Sporting News wrote a great piece during training camp entitled Hurd becoming known as more than TO's protege which in talking to Hurd has made me see a whole new side to "TO" as we may know him.

The lesson here, "don't always judge a book by it's cover" as they say. For me, I know that TO has made a positive impact on my client's career which is just starting. And for that I am thankful to him.

Taking a nobody under your wing is one thing they often idolize you. Would he mentor a high draft pick too? I'm not saying he wouldn't just asking.

Thanks lb. Good read and makes me rethink my stance a bit.

Now there's a stand up cat.