[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Give me your top 12

dirtdickens

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adrian Peterson

Maurice Jones-Drew

Matt Forte

DeAngelo Williams

Michael Turner

Brian Westbrook

Larry Fitzgerald

Chris Johnson

Randy Moss

Andre Johnson

Steven Jackson

Frank Gore

I'm surprised you have Westy up there. I know we both have similar approaches to FF and specifically RBs. IMO, Westy has maximized his time on top and I just can't see him being that good AGAIN this year. This is the year to avoid Westy IMO.

I'm surprised you have Westy up there. I know we both have similar approaches to FF and specifically RBs. IMO, Westy has maximized his time on top and I just can't see him being that good AGAIN this year. This is the year to avoid Westy IMO.

Where would you put him? I had him at 6 too and that sort of felt like ranking him low.

My top 10 for PPR that will change several times in the coming months - but right now I'm feeling something like this:

Adrian Peterson

DeAngelo Williams

Michael Turner

Larry Fitzgerald

Andre Johnson

Reggie Wayne

Calvin Johnson

Randy Moss

Steve Smith

Ladanian Tomlinson

Edited by Brentastic

Where would you put him? I had him at 6 too and that sort of felt like ranking him low.

Good question - to me I'd rather take about 8 WRs and 4 RBs over him, so I guess early 2nd round. There's more risk than reward with Westy this year and my first round pick always sides with safety over risk. Right now I have LT in my top 10 barely, and only because he's LT and I think he could have one good year left. LT is a risky pick but he's never had any knee or ankle issues so he's safer than Westy. Westy will have a good line and weapons at WR if the new rookie pans out (and if Desean keeps up), so he could easily put up big numbers again, but my guess is that he won't. I seem to have a good gut when it comes to RBs having down years and I'm sticking with this one.

However, if they use him like they did a few years back, he could have even better numbers. The problem is the unknown.

Even if they use him like they did a few years back, this year will be different for one big reason: no T.O. Without the go-to receiver to keep drives going, I see the Cowboys (and Barber) having less opportunities insider the 5. Less drives = less TD chances for Barber.

Going to be a great season to NOT have the #1 pick.

I disagree - I think ADP is the safest pick since not only is he the best RB in the league, he also has the best Ol. Then there is so much parity with a number of players, you will get the back-to-back picks in the 2nd/3rd round. You get ADP first and you could end up pairing him with someone like Bush, LT, or Slaton then a WR like Marshall, Colston, Jackson etc... the list goes on and on. I'm definitely pulling for 1st pick this year!

I will also be avoiding Westy...I put him where he's at because he's going to produce ....when healthy...

any maybe he stays healthy and McCoy spells him....and keeps him fresh later in games..

but I try to keep the new blood in as far as RB talent goes....but it's tougher these days with so much RBBC...

I disagree - I think ADP is the safest pick since not only is he the best RB in the league, he also has the best Ol. Then there is so much parity with a number of players, you will get the back-to-back picks in the 2nd/3rd round. You get ADP first and you could end up pairing him with someone like Bush, LT, or Slaton then a WR like Marshall, Colston, Jackson etc... the list goes on and on. I'm definitely pulling for 1st pick this year!

You DARE disagree with the great Henry Muto? You're lucky you wear that beard on camera or Henry Muto would find and eliminate you.

In a couple of the early lists in this thread I see no Forte or Chris Johnson, 2 players that are absolutely top 12 picks in a PPR IMO. Right now I'd take Forte over Turner in a PPR.

+1

Forte led the league in RB receptions last year, and that included a stretch near the end of the season where he hit the rookie wall and battled a toe issue. I am looking forward to his production with a full-year under his belt.

My list:

1. Peterson

2. Turner

3. Sjax

4. Forte

5. Westbrook

6. MJD

7. Fitz

8. A. Johnson

9. Tomlinson

10. Ch. Johnson

11. Portis

12. Moss

No D. Williams for me....I'll let someone lese take a chance that he wasn't a one-year wonder. A quick Huddle search to last August, and you'll find many posts about him being a stiff and ready to lay-down for Stewart. He had a phenomneal year, but I'd need to see it again before taking him over any of those in my list above.

And FWIW, I think a healthy LT has a huge year in a weak division, and likely have under-ranked him here.

In a couple of the early lists in this thread I see no Forte or Chris Johnson, 2 players that are absolutely top 12 picks in a PPR IMO. Right now I'd take Forte over Turner in a PPR.

I know, but I still don't trust CJ staying healthy. Forte is an unknown with Cutler there. They drafted 3 WR's(Juaquin Iglesias, Johnny Knox, KInder) so I'm waiting for TC to see what they are doing.

This is going to change 100 times, but that is what I like about this site.

1 RB Adrian Peterson, MIN

2 RB Maurice Jones-Drew, JAX

3 RB Michael Turner, ATL

4 RB Brian Westbrook, PHI

5 RB Steven Jackson, STL

6 WR Fitz, ARI

7 RB Matt Forte, CHI

8 WR Andre Johnson, HOU

9 RB DeAngelo Williams, CAR

10 RB Clinton Portis, WAS

11 WR RWhite, ATL

12 RB ChJohnson, TEN

13 RB Steve Slaton, HOU

14 WR Randy Moss

15 WR Greg Jennings

16 RB Frank Gore

17 QB Drew Brees

18 RB Ray J Bush

19 WR Megatron

20 RB LT

21 WR Reggie Wayne

22 QB Tom Brady

23 RB Ryan Grant

24 RB Brandon Jacobs

Edited by dirtdickens

I know, but I still don't trust CJ staying healthy. Forte is an unknown with Cutler there. They drafted 3 WR's(Juaquin Iglesias, Johnny Knox, KInder) so I'm waiting for TC to see what they are doing.

How could that do anything but improve Forte's prospects for next year? I was a little down on him after the season when the talk was they wanted to find a platoon partner to lighten his load, but FA and the draft didn't produce a platoon partner, so I have him at #5 on my big board, and think he's one of the safer first round RB's.

I think Cutler only improves Forte's worth....because the WR corps isn't very strong....

also...I think Greg Olsen shoots into the top 10 TE's now...easily..