[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New League -- BEST DRAFTER IN THE HUDDLE

muck

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revision of auction process:

* Upon finalizing league members, we will see if everyone can get together at one time for AT LEAST one auction (but no more than two).

* In the event that we cannot, we will see if we can get everyone to agree to do a mixed auction/draft where the top ____ players (representing three rounds worth of players) would be auctioned. Each player received would be equivalent to one pick in the draft (so, if you end up with fewer than your prorata number of players that are auctioned off (i.e., if 36 players are auctioned and there are 12 owners, and you received 0-2 players via auction), you will pick in front of the owners who picked four or more players. Details to come later --- the essence of this would be to minimize the (potentially huge) time requirement for a MB auction.

* In the event that this could not be pulled together to everyones satisfaction, we'd drop the auction in favor of 1-2 more drafts.

As with all things, LMK your interest and your thoughts.

Amendment to fee payment options:

Payment plans are acceptable and are specific to each owners situation. Contact me if you'd like to discuss (preferrably via email as my PM is nearly full).

Muck, your inbox is full. To answer your question: yes sir, I am still out.

+1

I just tried to send you a PM and your box is full

Can we get a list of current owners in this league?

Also, are you open to some amendments to the scoring set up?

Edited by TDFFFreak

+1

I just tried to send you a PM and your box is full

Can we get a list of current owners in this league?

Also, are you open to some amendments to the scoring set up?

I won't speak for Muck, but I'm guessing, based on my conversations with him, that the scoring setup is not flexible. Again, I'm just guessing and trying to answer your question (rather than waiting for an answer).

I am open to suggestions on every front, however I am sensitive the problems related to trying to getting a group of people together who try to put their favorite tweak to scoring or lineups.

So, feel free to suggest away...just try not to do so in a way that may splinter the general consensus that appears to be forming.

I really have only one change that I'd like to make to the scoring and that is to make RB rec 1 point (versus the proposed 0.2 points per catch). The RBBC that is taking over the NFL is making the numbers trend down on RBs being the highest scorers. At the least, I think RBs should get 0.5 per catch, but I would still push for the 1 point.

I am fine with TEs getting 1.5 per catch.

I really have only one change that I'd like to make to the scoring and that is to make RB rec 1 point (versus the proposed 0.2 points per catch). The RBBC that is taking over the NFL is making the numbers trend down on RBs being the highest scorers. At the least, I think RBs should get 0.5 per catch, but I would still push for the 1 point.

I am fine with TEs getting 1.5 per catch.

I wouldn't go with the 1 ppr for RBs, but I'd support 0.5 ppr for RBs, if that's any help. Not that it matters all that much - if the idea is to determine who the best drafter is, they ought to be capable of adjusting player value regardless of scoring.

I wouldn't go with the 1 ppr for RBs, but I'd support 0.5 ppr for RBs, if that's any help. Not that it matters all that much - if the idea is to determine who the best drafter is, they ought to be capable of adjusting player value regardless of scoring.

But it does potentially give an advantage to someone who has played with this system before versus someone who has not. If you really want to follow the idea of adjusting your draft to the scoring, you have a different set of scoring rules per each draft. To be clear, I AM NOT in favor of that because it is waaaay too complicated, but I am just saying that there's an angle to everything if you look for it.

Whatever we ultimately decide is fine, but I think it's better to get the scoring rules into more owners' nomal comfort zone. I'm willing to bet that most don't play in a league where the RBs get virtually no PPR while the WRs get 1, but I could be wrong. I know that this will be my first league which heavily rewards WRs over RBs and that puts me at a bit of a disadvantage as I am not completely sure how to adjust.

But it does potentially give an advantage to someone who has played with this system before versus someone who has not. If you really want to follow the idea of adjusting your draft to the scoring, you have a different set of scoring rules per each draft. To be clear, I AM NOT in favor of that because it is waaaay too complicated, but I am just saying that there's an angle to everything if you look for it.

Whatever we ultimately decide is fine, but I think it's better to get the scoring rules into more owners' nomal comfort zone. I'm willing to bet that most don't play in a league where the RBs get virtually no PPR while the WRs get 1, but I could be wrong. I know that this will be my first league which heavily rewards WRs over RBs and that puts me at a bit of a disadvantage as I am not completely sure how to adjust.

...this is exactly the sort of stuff I was hoping to avoid...

Apparently, you did not notice that RBs (and everyone else) receives 0.2pts for each rushing attempt.

This system hardly advantages one position over another.

I've played in this scoring system before, and it truly makes all positions pretty fair. It allows you to build your team as you see fit and doesn't penalize a guy who loses out to the usual position whore.

It works. You just have to trust that it works. And I disagree that it would give someone an advantage if they have played in it. It actually is the reverse of that. It makes the scoring system fair for all stages of experience.

Edited by Chief Dick

Apparently, you did not notice that RBs (and everyone else) receives 0.2pts for each rushing attempt.

You are correct! I didn't not notice the points per attempt. I have never really heard of a league that gives points per rushing attempt (so I completely glanced over it), but it certainly evens the field out a bit.

CD, I am one of those believers that if a guy wants to be a position whore, so be it. We are all free to draft as we see fit and to profit or perish because of our choices.

In either case, I am fine with the current scoring system, but it is unlike a system that I have ever played in before.

Edited by TDFFFreak

You are correct! I didn't not notice the points per attempt. I have never really heard of a league that gives points per rushing attempt (so I completely glanced over it), but it certainly evens the field out a bit.

CD, I am one of those believers that if a guy wants to be a position whore, so be it. We are all free to draft as we see fit and to profit or perish because of our choices.

In either case, I am fine with the current scoring system, but it is unlike a system that I have ever played in before.

Also notice it is best ball, meaning you play every owner each week (I think). So if you score the most points in a 12 man league in a given week, you get 11 wins (for that week). I like this as it eliminates the luck of a H2H schedule.

Also, so you don't feel completely in the dark, I have never played in a scoring system quite like this either, but we'll be fine. I would like to maybe consider only having 3 WRs though. I think 4 is too many.

Also notice it is best ball, meaning you play every owner each week (I think). So if you score the most points in a 12 man league in a given week, you get 11 wins (for that week). I like this as it eliminates the luck of a H2H schedule.

Also, so you don't feel completely in the dark, I have never played in a scoring system quite like this either, but we'll be fine. I would like to maybe consider only having 3 WRs though. I think 4 is too many.

I love the best ball concept in theory and have wanted to try it for the past several years. I am looking forward to doing it.

+1

Very well thought out, muck.

I think best ball means the lineups determine themselves - in other words, you get credit for your 2 best scoring RBs each week, 3 best scoring WRs each week, and you don't have to make lineup decisions every week as to who to start.

I believe what you are thinking of is all play, where you do play each team every week and get credit for multiple wins/losses every week.

ETA - I'd like to see both of these instituted. If we are trying to determine best drafter, both best ball & all play would seem to be condusive the goal.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I think best ball means the lineups determine themselves - in other words, you get credit for your 2 best scoring RBs each week, 3 best scoring WRs each week, and you don't have to make lineup decisions every week as to who to start.

I believe what you are thinking of is all play, where you do play each team every week and get credit for multiple wins/losses every week.

ETA - I'd like to see both of these instituted. If we are trying to determine best drafter, both best ball & all play would seem to be condusive the goal.

Ok, I think both are instituted because he states 'best ball/all play' - I thought the terms were one in the same.

I'm licking my chops to go against you in this league :wacko: