[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CLE, NYJ: anyone not getting these moves

BeeR

NY ditches Jones and signs washed up LT for (from what I gather) is similar money.

CLE ditches Quinn, who scarcely had a chance to prove himself, and signs 2 schleprock vets. Is Holmgren doing the classic "I want 'my' guy to lead the new regime" bit ie planning to draft Clausen or Bradford?

PS credit to DEN for getting Quinn pretty cheaply, but why are they dissing Orton? I hear they offered him like 2M-ish? That's barely backup money for a guy who isn't amazing but had a very good year.

Do we have a conspiracy theory alert? Holmgren setting Mangini up to fail so he can take over next year and claim it was Mangini's losing that caused it?

Don't think that theory holds water. whatever you think of Quinns prospects for the future, it would be hard to argue that he's better than delhomme right now.

CLE ditches Quinn, who scarcely had a chance to prove himself, and signs 2 schleprock vets. Is Holmgren doing the classic "I want 'my' guy to lead the new regime" bit ie planning to draft Clausen or Bradford?

I can certainly see this plan panning out as that's what I thought as soon as I saw Quinn gone and older QBs brought in, especially having a high pick (7th I believe).

9 other topics on Page 1 regarding the moves made by NYJ and CLE - all of which are discussing the absurdity of what is going on, and you felt it necessary to start a 10th topic?

:wacko: I hate the offseason.

Edited by kpholmes

9 other topics on Page 1 regarding the moves made by NYJ and CLE - all of which are discussing the absurdity of what is going on, and you felt it necessary to start a 10th topic?

And you bumped it by replying thanks! But please don't cry.

If new topics weren't started on old subjects we wouldn't have any topics at all

Plus they usually get off subject after the 2 day.

Was there reason or input note worthy from my reply ? No but I'm sitting here bored like the rest of you :D

whatever you think of Quinns prospects for the future, it would be hard to argue that he's better than delhomme right now.
Is it really though? Quinn has played in 14 games thus far in his career, over a span of 3 seasons, and during that time he has gotten jerked in an out of the lineup and played for an all around terrible offense and team. His stats over that time are ugly as he has compiled an abysmal 66.8 passer rating with a 10-9 TD-INT ratio. However, last year Delhomme played in 11 games and compiled an even worse 59.4 passer rating with an unfathomable 8-18 TD-INT ratio. The Panthers were at least a decent team with a good offensive line, 2 stud RBs, and 1 of the best playmaking WRs in the game. The talent around Delhomme was undoubtedly better than that around Quinn, yet he performed worse and turned the ball over at a far higher rate. I'm very far from being a Brady Quinn fan, and I wouldn't want him as my QB, but I don't think it's too hard to argue that he is better than Delhomme is right now, and may still have some upside potential to boot. Neither is good, but Delhomme is worse. Edited by Skrappy1

Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:55:57 -0700

Mary Kay Cabot, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports Cleveland Browns president Mike Holmgren said the team will consider taking a quarterback in the 2010 NFL Draft. Holmgren said the team would consider trading up to get a quarterback.

Don't think that theory holds water. whatever you think of Quinns prospects for the future, it would be hard to argue that he's better than delhomme right now.

Missed this earlier. You kidding? Delhomme blows WAY more than even Quinn right now. And at least Quinn has the excuse of being young and (likely) getting better, not worse.

Where those top 2 rook QBs go is getting interesting.....

Edited by BeeR

Missed this earlier. You kidding? Delhomme blows WAY more than even Quinn right now. And at least Quinn has the excuse of being young and (likely) getting better, not worse.

Where those top 2 rook QBs go is getting interesting.....

+1. I think I could hold my own arguing that JaMarcus Russell isn't worse than Delhomme right now.

OK, put the crack pipe down... :wacko:

:D

You're right on this one. But just barely...

NFL QB rankings from last year sorted for QB rating:

31 Jake Delhomme, QB CAR 321 178 55.5 2015 6.28 52 8 18 23 59.4 183

32 JaMarcus Russell, QB OAK 246 120 48.8 1287 5.23 86 3 11 33 50.0 107