[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jalapeno/Mango sauce over fish

Thews40

Take one mango and dice it up into a bowl. Add one clove of garlic (just one piece and not the entire thing) diced up small. Take about a half cup of cilantro diced up and mix it in. Take one full jalapeño diced up, but make sure it’s not of the really hot ones… just a store-bought sweet jalapeno. Cut up about 1/3 cup of green onion (scallion), but make sure it’s only the green part. Cut up about one third of a red bell pepper and toss that in. Squeeze half a lime over the whole thing and mix. Let sit at least an hour in the fridge.

Bake some fish (white or red) at 400 for about 20 minutes or so (depends on how much). Pour sauce over fish and serve with rice… it rocks.

If anyone has any secret ingredients that would make this better I’d love to hear them.

Edited by Bier Meister

1 oz water

1 oz sugar

heat until disolved. cool.

prob even half of that would do for your salsa

i was just thinking about this.... you might as well just make 12 oz worth. simple syrup is nice to have around for a variety of uses

i was just thinking about this.... you might as well just make 12 oz worth. simple syrup is nice to have around for a variety of uses

Agreed. It's not hard to make but just being able to pour it out when needed is worth it. I always seem to have a bit around somewhere.

Mojitos!

ETA: I've made a similar salsa but with one habanero, papaya, and red onion. This was actually the first dish I ever made for my wife then girlfriend 10 years ago. :wacko:

Edited by twiley

I made this again last night when I hosted poker and it receive rave reviews in shredded beef (London Broil in a crock pot for 6 hours) burritos. When I started to make it, one of the mangos was bad. Not wanting to go to the store, I looked in the fridge and found some pineapple, so I substituted some pineapple for the second mango and added some of the pineapple juice. To kick it up, I bought some Serrano peppers and put two in a double batch along with one and a half mellow Jalapenos. Methinks I could use peaches and pineapple, or just pineapple if mangos are out of season?