[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Braylon Edwards arrested for DUI

budlitebrad

Guy made a hugh mistake and broke the law for sure but it sure seems like there are a bunch of guys in here acting like they have never been behind the wheel after partaking in more brews than they should have...just cause you didn't get caught and didn't have to blow into a test doesn't make it right. I don't drink anymore and when I was younger (20's)I was the lightweight that usually was the designated driver but I sure as heck know that in retrospect there were a few times when I got behind the wheel and shouldn't have...Braylon sure is wrong on this situation but man some of you sound like you should be blessed into sainthood or something.

He's not 18, fearing for his life if his folks found out he snuck a few beers. He also was offered a free no-questions-asked driver anytime day or night and chose not to use it. Combined with his checkered past he is worthy of everything he gets here and more.

Guy made a hugh mistake and broke the law for sure but it sure seems like there are a bunch of guys in here acting like they have never been behind the wheel after partaking in more brews than they should have...just cause you didn't get caught and didn't have to blow into a test doesn't make it right. I don't drink anymore and when I was younger (20's)I was the lightweight that usually was the designated driver but I sure as heck know that in retrospect there were a few times when I got behind the wheel and shouldn't have...Braylon sure is wrong on this situation but man some of you sound like you should be blessed into sainthood or something.

You make a good point. On the counter-point though ... everybody in the NFL has to know that in today's environment that kind of activity gets you suspended at best, out of a job at worst. It is hard enough to get a job in the NFL and even harder to keep it ... you'd think that would have been a lesson he already learned.

I get that the league is full of guys like Braylon Edwards who are dumb as a bag of hammers. How does it not occur to more of them, though, that (if they take a limo) they not only dont have to worry about killing someone and/or getting a DWI, but they can get their freak on in the back with as many dirty skanks as can fit? Or play video games. Or play with themselves. Or eat a sack of White Castles. Or just take a nap. Or whatever...

Dude probably dropped a few grand on massively overpriced booze at some club but then didnt think to spend a little more to get a safe ride home :wacko:

Braylon Edwards is a jackass. I wouldn't go throwing the kid out of the league or anything like that but he should probably be reprimanded for the DUI - I just wish that being a jackass in general was a punishable offense . . .

I get that the league is full of guys like Braylon Edwards who are dumb as a bag of hammers. How does it not occur to more of them, though, that (if they take a limo) they not only dont have to worry about killing someone and/or getting a DWI, but they can get their freak on in the back with as many dirty skanks as can fit? Or play video games. Or play with themselves. Or eat a sack of White Castles. Or just take a nap. Or whatever...

Dude probably dropped a few grand on massively overpriced booze at some club but then didnt think to spend a little more to get a safe ride home :wacko:

The limo ride home would have been free! The team's Player Protection Program provides a limo or luxury SUV for any player any time at no cost with no questions asked. All he had to do is call!

He's not 18, fearing for his life if his folks found out he snuck a few beers. He also was offered a free no-questions-asked driver anytime day or night and chose not to use it. Combined with his checkered past he is worthy of everything he gets here and more.

i agree he deserves what he gets...that wasnt my point it was the holier than thou attitude of many that I bet have been behind the wheel when they shouldn't have and i don't mean when you were afraid of your parents...i would think most young adults in their mid to late 20's arent afraid of their parents

You make a good point. On the counter-point though ... everybody in the NFL has to know that in today's environment that kind of activity gets you suspended at best, out of a job at worst. It is hard enough to get a job in the NFL and even harder to keep it ... you'd think that would have been a lesson he already learned.

i agree he should have already learned his lesson...but that wasn't my point.

Watching his taunting antics was embarrassing as a Jets fan. Then he did it AGAIN! Stupid is as stupid does, and driving around Manhattan with a load on at 5am is about as stupid as it can get. I haven't disliked a Jets player this much since the days of Meshawn. Edwards cares more about getting attention than he cares about football.... that is what the stupid beard is all about.

NY sports radio is buzzing with idiot fans demanding an immediate suspension. NY has lots of idiots apparently, but I already knew that. (Insert insult here.)

Having said that, the Jets had BETTER not suspend him against MIA. With B Smith possibly out, the Jets after cutting Woodhead are down to 3 WR's including Edwrads. If the Jets can beat MIA, they have a half game lead in the division, lose and they are two and half behind. They need this diot's talent on the field next week, that is unless MIA is willing to suspend R Brown and J Allen too, both of whom have pending DWI charges pending.

Then... we can look forward to the return of another model citizen in S Holmes soon. :wacko:

Watching his taunting antics was embarrassing as a Jets fan. Then he did it AGAIN!

I always find it amusing when underachieving, marginal talents embarrass themselves by taunting/celebrating when they actually do something THAT THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO DO. I still hate it when exceptional talents taunt after making exceptional plays, but at least that's somewhat understandable when they get excited.

Watching his taunting antics was embarrassing as a Jets fan. Then he did it AGAIN! Stupid is as stupid does, and driving around Manhattan with a load on at 5am is about as stupid as it can get. I haven't disliked a Jets player this much since the days of Meshawn. Edwards cares more about getting attention than he cares about football.... that is what the stupid beard is all about.

NY sports radio is buzzing with idiot fans demanding an immediate suspension. NY has lots of idiots apparently, but I already knew that. (Insert insult here.)

Having said that, the Jets had BETTER not suspend him against MIA. With B Smith possibly out, the Jets after cutting Woodhead are down to 3 WR's including Edwrads. If the Jets can beat MIA, they have a half game lead in the division, lose and they are two and half behind. They need this diot's talent on the field next week, that is unless MIA is willing to suspend R Brown and J Allen too, both of whom have pending DWI charges pending.

Then... we can look forward to the return of another model citizen in S Holmes soon. :wacko:

And that ^ right there is why so many of these knuckleheads arent worried about the rules and go out and clown it up. They feel their talent will always either get them out of trouble or get them multiple chances...

this is not the first time BE has got into trouble either. He was in a fight at a bar/altercation last year as well.

I would like nothing more for the league owners to let this guy walk. Set an example of what consequences there are for anti-social behavior.

And I don't like to hear how 'well you all have done it' meaning driven while impared. This guy is very rich because he can run and jump bfd. He should be taking care of himself especially during the season and not getting loaded at a bar. This in not the first time for BE and there are other celebrated examples such as Stallworth, Plax, Vincent jackson (etc.).

I would love nothing more than to see that DWI has consequences and I don't mean a game or two suspension, I am taking real finiancial consequenses. (this is part of the Vincent Jackson story he has two DWI for gods sake, he's lucky he's not in jail let alone looking for a multi-million dollar contract especially when SD has his rights they should pay the least they are allowed for him after he did what he did.).

Edited by rai

this is not the first time BE has got into trouble either. He was in a fight at a bar/altercation last year as well.

I would like nothing more for the league owners to let this guy walk. Set an example of what consequences there are for anti-social behavior.

And I don't like to hear how 'well you all have done it' meaning driven while impared. This guy is very rich because he can run and jump bfd. He should be taking care of himself especially during the season and not getting loaded at a bar. This in not the first time for BE and there are other celebrated examples such as Stallworth, Plax, Vincent jackson (etc.).

I would love nothing more than to see an example of this kind of behavior has consequences and I don't mean a game or two suspension, I am taking real finiancial consequenses. (this is part of the Vincent Jackson story he has two DWI for gods sake, he's lucky he's not in jail let alone looking for a multi-million dollar contract especially when SD has his rights they should pay the least they are allowed for him after he did what he did.).

While I agree with your generalized sentiments... I don't want a player from MY team in a crucial game to become the example for the NFL bad boy program. Like I said... if Miami will suspend Ronnie Brown and Jason Allen for their pending DWI cases, fine. Punish the player, not the team. Suspending Edwards for this divisional game would be a blatant double standard.

I don't agree that Edwards should not be out celebrating a big win however. There is nothing wrong with that, but these guys usually hang out in places that are magnets for trouble. We don't know where this knucklehead was yet. Heck, he could have been at a small private party, although that is pretty unlikely. Just don't get all buzzed up and drive, especially when you can get FREE transportation. Having fun in your twenties... sure, that's a comdenmable offense.

Picking out Edwards because of his taunting or because of the team he is on is not reason enough to make an "example" out of him while letting others slide. If you want an example set, let it be from your NFL homer team. I'll take a pass, thanks.

i would not care if it was an athelete from my home team. i think they all should be punished, not just BE but just pointing out BE is not a saint already before this so he has at least one strike (before this incident) and window tint and that f-en beard of his he is not all there.

i would not care if it was an athelete from my home team. i think they all should be punished, not just BE but just pointing out BE is not a saint already before this so he has at least one strike (before this incident) and window tint and that f-en beard of his he is not all there.

Window tint? You think window tint is some sort of mental stability marker? LOL... seriously?

Front window tinting is not illegal in NY. The tinting has to be lighter than rear and back windows, but it is legal here. The cops like to use it as an excuse to pull drivers over. They have a little light guage, and test to see how darkly the windows are tinted. While they do that, they check out the driver. That is exactly what happened here. That exact thing has happened to me. Mine weren't too dark so as to be in violation, but it gave the cop his excuse. BTW, with the crooks that run around in NYC, tinted windows aren't a bad idea especially if you have occassion to park on a street.

Yep, suspend Edwards for those dasardly tinted windows.... sure sign of criminal activity going ons.

He got a DWI, like a hundred other NFL players have. The Jets would be even more idiotic to suspend BE for a game like this. They will do damage control, talk about how disappointed they are, yada yada... but he had better not be suspended by the team. Might as well shot yourself in the foot for a broken shoe lace.

You might be fine with a sacrificial hanging of a key player in a crucial game on your own NFL team, but I certainly am not. You actually think the Jets should voluntarilly go to Miami with only 2 WR's? :wacko: