[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you guys let trades go through when teams trade with non contenders right b4 playoffs?

robert terni

This year trades deadline is at week 13...Accidentally I forgot to change it b4 the season started to week 10...On week 7 i tried to get a league vote to change it to week 10...Everyone agreed to it but 1 team...Now that 1 team just did a trade with his brother (whom is out of the playoffs)...hes trading Witten and woodhead for Steve Johnson...And the team whom is trading witten has Pettigrew and Celek...But this doesnt benefit the other team since hes not making the playoffs...I told everyone since I couldnt change the deadline to week 10 that myself and the co commish will LOOK at trades thoroughly and if any trades right b4 the playoffs doesnt benefit 1 team or if its involving a team thats eliminated we will proactively veto it...WHats your guys thoughts???

Every league in which I play has a trade deadline of week 9 or 10. This reduces the likelihood of collusion/tanking by teams who are out of the playoff hunt.

As far as the trade: I would have to see the full rosters. It looks lopsided, but many casual owners get excited about these 2-for-1 trades, not looking at the true cost of losing a tier one player.

In my deep keeper we allow trades all the way up to the playoffs, but we keep 10 from year to year. In a standard redraft I think a trade deadline is needed to prevent issues like this. The trade on the surface doesn't seem that lopsided, but if the one owner is out of the playoffs there's no reason for them to trade at all.

no i understand about the trade deadline..like i stated i wanted to implement it to week 10 but only 1 team was opposed to it...and this is the team thats doing trade...he was hurting at the WR 2 spot...he had harvin floyd and mike thomas...now he has harvin and steve johnson..hes bettering his team for playoffs...

And yes its kinda fair and if it was during reg season i would let it fly but this is totally different

no i understand about the trade deadline..like i stated i wanted to implement it to week 10 but only 1 team was opposed to it...and this is the team thats doing trade...he was hurting at the WR 2 spot...he had harvin floyd and mike thomas...now he has harvin and steve johnson..hes bettering his team for playoffs...

And yes its kinda fair and if it was during reg season i would let it fly but this is totally different

If trade deadline has not passed , there is no reason to stop this trade. Pretty clear cut to me.

I understand this...but this is the reason why we wanted to implement a trade deadline on week 10....these 2 teams involved are brothers which makes it sketchy....Theres no benefit of the team thats not making the playoffs to do this trade... im trying to be fair for all teams in playoffs...it wouldnt be fair if a team loses because of steve johnson

Two ways to go with this... Did the league agree before the season started to a Week 10 trade deadline? If so, I think you were on solid ground to enforce this, even if you forgot to change the date in your leage system. Just puts the burden on you to manually enforce it.

However, since you went with another vote, that kind of messes things up a little. Was there other trade activity after Week 10? Just from your brief description, it sounds like you're stuck with what you have right now. My problem with your trade review is that you're applying a different set of rules in reviewing the trade after Week 10, then you used prior to Week 10. You said you would have let it fly through earlier, so I think you may have to bite the bullet and do the same now.

It's not a great trade. But I've seen a lot worse. And although frustrating now, it's a good lesson for future years so it doesn't happen again. Collusion is really tough to prove, and it's going to be hard to do it here even with the sibling relationship. In many leagues, the sibling relationship in fantasy football is even more competitive and you're never looking to give your brother a gift!

Too late to do anything about this now. What I would have done is just changed the trade deadline, before the season started. Some rule changes should require a league vote. Others are moreso just problems/glitches with the rules that, once identified, should be fixed as soon as possible. This would be a good example of that type of rule "issue." Trade deadline should be earlier than the week before the playoffs. Whether it's Week 8, 9, or 10 could be left up to a vote. But, not changing it from Week 13 because one owner didn't agree is silly. Either that, or change the rule about rule changes, so that they don't have to be unanimous (majority rules).

Like I said, though, it's too late to do anything about it now. Should have been corrected when it was originally identified to be a problem (months ago).

I feel like we already have threads discussing this. Set the rules before the season, and don't micro manage other peoples' teams. Besides, that trade isn't anywhere near bad enough to prove collusion.

+1

We don't allow teams, once eliminated from the playoffs, to make trades at all. Interesting point in your original post, you said the league vote was shot down by 1 team voting no. Curious how many leagues require a majority vote to pass a rule change and how many require all teams to agree.