[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sporting News Exec of the Year

Chavez

Great for him but I'm not sure how Mark Dominik (Bucs GM) was 3rd in the voting? 4th round pick of Mike Williams, undrafted pickup of Blount, 10 rookies starting at one point AND the satisfaction that Josh Freeman is now a franchise quarterback with a ton of young firepower. All of this while having the youngest team in the NFL with one of the lowest payrolls.

Thomas Dmitroff, enjoy your time in the sun because the Bucs are going to ruin your team next season......

He was a good candidate this year as well. Lots of good choices for sure.

I swear I should know better than argue with you. You try and bring me down to your level of stupidity and beat me with experience.

If you are going to bash someone at least come up with your own freaking line.

I also thought your Cowboys were going to have a home Super Bowl, what happened there?

If you are going to bash someone at least come up with your own freaking line.

I also thought your Cowboys were going to have a home Super Bowl, what happened there?

Who did I supposedly steal this line from. YOU? My grandfather used to say that when people tried to push their political view on people in his day.

And I suppose you created GO Pack GO as well. You know what is in your sig line. Of course not, yet you post it anyway. :wacko:

And whoever predicted Dallas was going to host themselves in the Super Bowl. Jerry? Most fans certainly didnt....

I'm not at all doubting what he's done, but of all of the key players on the Falcons, how many of them were there prior to him (Roddy White), early picks (Ryan) or a big free agent signing(Turner)?

I'm of the opinion that Executive of the year/GM of the year should have hit across the board. Mike WIlliams in the 4th like Jolley Rodgers alluded to is massive...

Sam Shields being undrafted, along with Brian Bulaga, James Starks and Andrew Quarless make contributions throughout the playoff run. I guess I'm looking at what Ted Thompson has done since he took over a dumpster fire of a team after the 2004 season. I look at the Greg Jennings pick in the third, or Collins late in the 2nd, Finley in the 3rd, Sitton, who I think is the second best guard in the league in the 4th, Desmond Bishop in the 4th or 5th round, along with the home run in 2009 with Raji and Matthews. The only key guys on this team that Thompson/McCarthy didn't have a hand in are Clifton, Jenkins, Driver, then Tausch and Barnett who were injured for the majority of the year...

I think Dmitrioff is where Ted Thompson was a few years ago, but I guess Ted Thompson didn't get the recognitiion because of Favregate.

I'm not arguing that TT should have been selected. I believe that, but I'm not here to argue it, but I do think that voting on awards shouldnt take place until after the season.

Holy Crap

Not to diminish Dmitroff, who has done a great job, but let's get some perspective folks.

GB lost 16 players to IR. 16. That includes their starting RB, starting TE, 5 LBs including their top LB and another starter, 3 Ss including their starting SS, 2 DEs including a starting DE and had another DE suspended. All Thompson did was put enough depth on the team that despite all those losses they crushed Dmitroff's ATL team at home on the way to winning a Super Bowl.

Let's do the same thing to ATL. Eliminate the following players from their roster:

RB Michael Turner, TE Tony Gonzalez, DEs Kroy Bierman and Lawrence Sidbury, LBs Curtis Lofton Mike Peterson and Stephen Nicholas, Ss Thomas DeCoud and William Moore, plus another 4 2nd/3rd string D players.

Where exactly do you think that team finishes in the NFC South?

What Thompson did in GB this year was extraordinary. It has never been matched in NFL history - the only other 3 teams in NFL history that had that many players go to IR won no more than 6 games all season - and likely never will be matched again. Thompson managed to beat the bushes and acquire sufficient depth despite those losses that they had one of the top Ds in the league and are NFL champions.

That's truly an astounding feat. It has never been seen previously and likely will never be seen again.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Holy Crap

Not to diminish Dmitroff, who has done a great job, but let's get some perspective folks.

GB lost 16 players to IR. 16. That includes their starting RB, starting TE, 5 LBs including their top LB and another starter, 3 Ss including their starting SS, 2 DEs including a starting DE and had another DE suspended. All Thompson did was put enough depth on the team that despite all those losses they crushed Dmitroff's ATL team at home on the way to winning a Super Bowl.

Let's do the same thing to ATL. Eliminate the following players from their roster:

RB Michael Turner, TE Tony Gonzalez, DEs Kroy Bierman and Lawrence Sidbury, LBs Curtis Lofton Mike Peterson and Stephen Nicholas, Ss Thomas DeCoud and William Moore, plus another 4 2nd/3rd string D players.

What Thompson did in GB this year was extraordinary. It has never been matched in NFL history - the only other 3 teams in NFL history that had that many players go to IR won no more than 6 games all season - and likely never will be matched again. Thompson managed to beat the bushes and acquire sufficient depth despite those losses that they had one of the top Ds in the league and are NFL champions.

That's truly an astounding feat. It has never been seen previously and likely will never be seen again.

And a coach who got ZERO votes for coach of the year. Go figure

Holy Crap

If the Packers lose the first round of the playoofs do you still say this? And if the falcons won the Super bowl?

This is based on REGULAR SEASON. The Falcons were the #1 seed in the NFC. Thompson should have gotten some votes, but dont retroactively apply accolcades based on post season performance. :wacko:

If the Packers lose the first round of the playoofs do you still say this? And if the falcons won the Super bowl?

This is based on REGULAR SEASON. The Falcons were the #1 seed in the NFC. Thompson should have gotten some votes, but dont retroactively apply accolcades based on post season performance. :wacko:

That GB even made the playoffs despite the noted extreme adversity justifies the choice of Thompson. The playoff success only emphasizes the point.