[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aquib Talib

piratesownninjas

Aquib Talib= Fellony arrest warrent

Local radio was talking about this earlier in the week. The Ben and Skin show, on ESPN radio in Dallas got a hold of the police report.

Talibs sister called him and his mother to tell them she was in a fight with her boyfriend... Talib and his mother both show up with handguns. Talib begins pistol whipping the boyfriend, and loses control of the gun. The boyfriend grabs said gun and runs away. At this point Talib takes his mothers gun and starts firing shots off at him.

This is in a neighborhood. And I'm willing to bet this guy is going to get a lengthy suspension once a new CBA is ironed out... Although he's more than likely going to jail, so a suspension wouldn't mean much.

He was just keepin it real...

But, seriously, what would you do if someone was beating on your sister? Yeah, I'd probably call the cops, but I might take this route as well.

But, seriously, what would you do if someone was beating on your sister? Yeah, I'd probably call the cops, but I might take this route as well.

Did it say that Talib's sister was getting beaten? :wacko:

Even so, I'm not sure that shooting the guy is the thing to do.

Did it say that Talib's sister was getting beaten? :wacko:

Even so, I'm not sure that shooting the guy is the thing to do.

I'm making the assumption that by the sister calling her brother and mom and telling them that she and her boyfriend were "in a fight" that it may have been a bit more than verbal. Then again I could be wrong, but with us rednecks down here when we say "fight" we mean fisticuffs not a verbal argument.

In all fairness, he didn't originally intend to shoot him it doesn't sound like. He simply went there to pistol whip the dude, but failed miserably in that attempt. Unless you are practiced at the art of pistol whipping it is actually a very dangerous thing to do. I offer classes in it if anyone needs to learn the skill.

I'm making the assumption that by the sister calling her brother and mom and telling them that she and her boyfriend were "in a fight" that it may have been a bit more than verbal. Then again I could be wrong, but with us rednecks down here when we say "fight" we mean fisticuffs not a verbal argument.

In all fairness, he didn't originally intend to shoot him it doesn't sound like. He simply went there to pistol whip the dude, but failed miserably in that attempt. Unless you are practiced at the art of pistol whipping it is actually a very dangerous thing to do. I offer classes in it if anyone needs to learn the skill.

It's stupidity all around. The boyfriend has gone to jail twice for domestic abuse against Talib's sister, which begs the question as to why she's still with him.

And whatever way he intended things to come out, Talib has to know that pistol whipping someone is just as bad as shooting at the guy and missing. Gun=Deadly weapon. Hitting someone with said deadly weapon is assult. Combine the two and you have assult with a deadly weapon.

He had time to think it over on his drive over to her place which shows intent. I think the guy is screwed royally.

He has no excuse for not getting the police involved. The guy was a knucklehead in college, and has stayed the course since joining Tampa Bay.

It's stupidity all around. The boyfriend has gone to jail twice for domestic abuse against Talib's sister, which begs the question as to why she's still with him.

And whatever way he intended things to come out, Talib has to know that pistol whipping someone is just as bad as shooting at the guy and missing. Gun=Deadly weapon. Hitting someone with said deadly weapon is assult. Combine the two and you have assult with a deadly weapon.

He had time to think it over on his drive over to her place which shows intent. I think the guy is screwed royally.

He has no excuse for not getting the police involved. The guy was a knucklehead in college, and has stayed the course since joining Tampa Bay.

I think there is a big distinction between the intent to pistol whip someone and the intent of actually shooting at the person. I mean, with pistol whipping you're kinda like, "Hey, dude, you royally screwed up, but I'm gonna be a nice guy and bust up the bridge of your nose with this here .45 instead of making your skull into a canoe..." I mean, it is the logical way to go about things when someone hasn't brandished a weapon on you. You instill the fear in them that they may be shot next time without having to actually pull the trigger this time. While it may be assault, there was obviously not the intent to kill, look at it that way. "Yeah, I had a gun... I coulda shot the mother fu(ker, but I ain't that violent. I simply put him on notice that I was feeling charitable. And I was also being cautious and considerate to those in the community by beating him rather than pumping 3 rounds into his ass... three rounds that if I had missed could have gone god only knows where." He did the most prudent thing he could in this situation up and to the point where he failed in his technique and the other dude got hold of his piece. At that point, you gotta spray some lead, the guy has a deadly weapon that he may use on you.

Step 1 - Make it to the NFL and sign contract.

Step 2 - Hire friend to be personal chauffeur 24/7 365. Buy the vehicle in cash and put under friend's name.

Step 3 - Hire 2nd friend to pack weapon and be personal "security" 24/7 365.

Why do these athletes continue to drive drunk, have drugs on them, use weapons, etc?

I think there is a big distinction between the intent to pistol whip someone and the intent of actually shooting at the person. I mean, with pistol whipping you're kinda like, "Hey, dude, you royally screwed up, but I'm gonna be a nice guy and bust up the bridge of your nose with this here .45 instead of making your skull into a canoe..." I mean, it is the logical way to go about things when someone hasn't brandished a weapon on you. You instill the fear in them that they may be shot next time without having to actually pull the trigger this time. While it may be assault, there was obviously not the intent to kill, look at it that way. "Yeah, I had a gun... I coulda shot the mother fu(ker, but I ain't that violent. I simply put him on notice that I was feeling charitable. And I was also being cautious and considerate to those in the community by beating him rather than pumping 3 rounds into his ass... three rounds that if I had missed could have gone god only knows where." He did the most prudent thing he could in this situation up and to the point where he failed in his technique and the other dude got hold of his piece. At that point, you gotta spray some lead, the guy has a deadly weapon that he may use on you.

The other guy had his back to Talib and was running away.

You have one on the line but can you get the thing in the boat?

• 2 weeks later...
Step 1 - Make it to the NFL and sign contract.

Step 2 - Hire friend to be personal chauffeur 24/7 365. Buy the vehicle in cash and put under friend's name.

Step 3 - Hire 2nd friend to pack weapon and be personal "security" 24/7 365.

Why do these athletes continue to drive drunk, have drugs on them, use weapons, etc?

To Quote Forest Gump(tion)

"Stupid is, as St00pid does.."

and it seems like Stupid runs damn rampant in the NFL these days.

one of the better Bucs on the field too. damn :wacko::tup:

He was just keepin it real...

rear naked choke

Aqib should have spent the gun money on some mma lessons