[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taz suicide watch begins now

flemingd

!#$#$#$@#$@#$@#$!@#$

I did 2 dynasty start ups last year and took Stewart in both leagues in the 3 round based on D-Will leaving this year.

Oh man this hurts, I heard about this while at work today and it took the wind out of my sails.

:wacko: What if the Panthers cut JStew now that DWill is in the fold? What would the cap savings be?

Per Rotoworld Contracts:

Jonathan Stewart

7/26/2008: Signed a five-year, $14 million contract. The deal includes $10.795 million guaranteed. Another $6 million is available through incentives. 2011: $1.31 million, 2012: $1,311,250, 2013: Free Agent

So not much cap savings.

!#$#$#$@#$@#$@#$!@#$

I did 2 dynasty start ups last year and took Stewart in both leagues in the 3 round based on D-Will leaving this year.

Oh man this hurts, I heard about this while at work today and it took the wind out of my sails.

Big money leagues? :wacko: It does suck but the Panthers have been so active you gotta figure something more is brewing there.

Per Rotoworld Contracts:

Jonathan Stewart

7/26/2008: Signed a five-year, $14 million contract. The deal includes $10.795 million guaranteed. Another $6 million is available through incentives. 2011: $1.31 million, 2012: $1,311,250, 2013: Free Agent

So not much cap savings.

Oh good lord 2 more years......why couldn't he have signed a 4 year deal as a rookie.

This blows.

And to the rest of you...go frack yourselves. I'm done with this movie tomorrow and I'll be returning to this thread after a heavy dose of liquid gold this weekend. Get your jabs in now ya bunch of jack wagons.

Now now, for most of us this isn't about you (the title was more a tribute to your hugging than anything else) but rather about the news out of Carolina which, you have to admit, was pretty predictable once the salary minimum spend became a reality.

What action did you take and how did you benefit?

Well, I ain't him, but my action two years ago was to trade Stewart for Hakeem Nicks, Brent Celek (who was an RFA), and 5 bucks.

Where is the guy-smoking-a-cigar emoticon...

Now now, for most of us this isn't about you (the title was more a tribute to your hugging than anything else) but rather about the news out of Carolina which, you have to admit, was pretty predictable once the salary minimum spend became a reality.

:wacko:

I know....I started becoming nervous yesterday but held out hope after the big C.Johnson signing. Its just a waste.... :sigh:

!#$#$#$@#$@#$@#$!@#$

Damn. Now freakin' Congress is going to have to figure out this debt cap ####

:wacko:

I'm not sure I understand all the statements about DWill being so overpaid and why DEN wouldn't ante up to match or exceed.

CAR is drastically under the cap minimum that they are required to spend under the new CBA. To resolve part of that, they decided to send a substantial amount to DWill, who by all accounts is a very good player, a very good teammate, a leader on the team, and whom the fans seem to really like. Given those circumstances, it would be foolhardy for DEN to get into a bidding war with CAR for DWill. He would have helped the Broncos no doubt, but there are a lot of holes to fill and DEN isn't going to compete for a playoff spot in 2011 even if DWill were added.

The whole thing makes all the sense in the world (except to Stewie nuthuggers, that is). Some day, FFers will figure out that NFL teams don't operate exclusively for their benefit and that teams ignore the needs of FFers in favor of sound football and business decisions.

I finally had it with this Carolina team and this whole debacle with Stewart. I cut my losses tonight and dealt him away.

Charlotte gave up:

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB

Coney Island gave up:

Knox, Johnny CHI WR

Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.03

Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.12

Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.01

Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.01

Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from Coney Island

Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from Boise

I'm not sure I understand all the statements about DWill being so overpaid and why DEN wouldn't ante up to match or exceed.

CAR is drastically under the cap minimum that they are required to spend under the new CBA. To resolve part of that, they decided to send a substantial amount to DWill, who by all accounts is a very good player, a very good teammate, a leader on the team, and whom the fans seem to really like. Given those circumstances, it would be foolhardy for DEN to get into a bidding war with CAR for DWill. He would have helped the Broncos no doubt, but there are a lot of holes to fill and DEN isn't going to compete for a playoff spot in 2011 even if DWill were added.

The whole thing makes all the sense in the world (except to Stewie nuthuggers, that is). Some day, FFers will figure out that NFL teams don't operate exclusively for their benefit and that teams ignore the needs of FFers in favor of sound football and business decisions.

Wait a minute. NFL teams don't operate in order to satisfy my needs??? I call BULLSHAM WOW!.

And, sorry, but I, like most NFL pundits, think that contract to a player at age 28, was WAYYYY to much. You don't seem to think so, obviously. Fits in perfectly with your feelings of FB's.

Wait a minute. NFL teams don't operate in order to satisfy my needs??? I call BULLSHAM WOW!.

And, sorry, but I, like most NFL pundits, think that contract to a player at age 28, was WAYYYY to much. You don't seem to think so, obviously. Fits in perfectly with your feelings of FB's.

contracts are a joke in the NFL