[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's Cut Day.....

Big Dogs

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what did they sign him for....a half a mil?...I seriously forget but it was hardly a risk by any stretch of the imagination...

I said "high-profile" not "expensive."

You know what the problem is here?

You flat out forgot Vick's ex-con status. And instead of going "oh crap, I forgot, my bad" you're using all these weaselly evasions and we're busting your balls on it.

I said "high-profile" not "expensive."

You know what the problem is here?

You flat out forgot Vick's ex-con status. And instead of going "oh crap, I forgot, my bad" you're using all these weaselly evasions and we're busting your balls on it.

no, because they didn't expect to keep him for more than a year....he was a project - you can bust all the balls you want but the Eagles did not sign Vick with the intention of him ever being the starter....otherwise there would have been an open competition last year and Vick would have probably won out....

Kolb was supposed to be the future and the Eagles were giving Vick a chance....it was a 2 year contract...

I wonder if all those who rent garments and gnashed teeth over TT letting Colin Cole and Igor Olshansky get away are excited that we can get them back, since they were both cut.

they are and the one time they took a risk, it was TO and so they are even less likely to try that again....

Although not much of a risk when they signed him, the fact of the matter is they signed him. He was no more or less of a risk than any draft pick or other FA signing and they certainly had no problems with giving him a big paycheck once he showed what he could do on the field. I think what the other guys here are trying to point out is that they are willing to make exceptions with players with the level of talent of TO & Vick as are probably most if not all other teams. That doesn't necessarily mean they would with Merriweather, but their certainly not above it.

I love that the Packer got all of their guys on the practice squad that they were hoping to retain.

I sort of hope we see a trade of one L.B. and one T.E. here in the next day or so. This is not really essential sincethe T.E.'s double as extra slot receivers, full backs, and tackles, and since we have L.B.'s capable of acting nearly as a traditional safety and some that can nearly double as an extra D.E.

The o-line depth has me somewhat nervous, but we now have some experience on the practice squad, and of course Tauscher is still around and I believe available and staying in shape.

Although not much of a risk when they signed him, the fact of the matter is they signed him. He was no more or less of a risk than any draft pick or other FA signing and they certainly had no problems with giving him a big paycheck once he showed what he could do on the field. I think what the other guys here are trying to point out is that they are willing to make exceptions with players with the level of talent of TO & Vick as are probably most if not all other teams. That doesn't necessarily mean they would with Merriweather, but their certainly not above it.

the Eagles treat draft picks like gold...and Merriweather unfortunately will not be even looked at by the Eagles...

The Cowboys released veteran guard Montrae Holland on Sunday and filled his vacated spot on the roster with third-year fullback Tony Fiammetta, who was claimed off waivers from Carolina.

To fill Holland's spot on the offensive line, the Cowboys have agreed to terms with a veteran replacement, Derrick Dockery

cowboys.com

Obviously someone else has to be cut to make room for Dockery

Panthers claimed him, per Rotoworld. I've still got him stashed on my taxi squad. :wacko:

Great, now I have 3 underachieving Panther WRs on my taxi squad, Ajirotutu, Gettis & Armanti Edwards. I'm not fond of their QB situation either.

I had Gettis, too, but he went to IR, so I dropped him to make room for someone else.

Yeah, I'm giving him a contract & putting him on IR for now to make room for Ryan Williams on my taxi squad. That way I don't have to drop either & I'm not committing so many contract years to an IR player that I may have to drop later.

To get from 80 to 53, the Vikings waived/released the following players: RBs Tristan Davis, Caleb King and Alexander Robinson; FBs Matt Asiata and Ryan D’Imperio; TE Jeff Dugan; WRs Manny Arceneaux, Stephen Burton, Juaquin Iglesias and Jaymar Johnson; OL Ryan Cook, Chris DeGeare, Byron Isom and Thomas Welch; DL David Akinniyi, Tremaine Johnson, Cedric McKinley and Stylez White; LBs Heath Farwell, David Herron and Ross Homam; DBs Tony Carter, Ryan Hill, Cord Parks (Injured) and Devon Torrence.

Dugan... nice player but younger guys are better. Could have been Jimmy K due to $$

Jaymar Johnson... was pulling for him, sure he was one of the last ones cut... hope he makes it somewhere.

Cook... never established himself at any one position, was always switching positions.

DeGeare... Hope he can come back as he has talent.

Farwell... money decision only, guy is a probowler on Spec Teams. SAD DEAL

Herron... another good guy, sad to see go.