[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The NFL's website

WaterMan

Me and 2v were also talking about NFL.com's sludgy, complex Gamecenter. It was pretty bad the last couple years, but last month they made it even worse. Click here and try to analyze the Browns/Eagles exhibition box score easily.

that is why I use the gametracker at CBS

Edited by keggerz

I used to love their Gamecenter. Back when I did tech support for Apple, I would open Safari and go to the Gamecenter for the Lions game (work on Sundays, gah!) and create a widget of the game center. Then all I'd have to do is squeeze the sides of my mouse and it brought up a view of the field with each play and what was happening. It was pretty cool. I never really had a problem with it until this year's preseason, though. Now it's sluggish, unresponsive, and annoying to work with. They've been making a lot of changes to their site in the past few months, though. Maybe they're still in a transition phase and it'll improve shortly. That's why I like to tell myself, anyway.

I use sportsline's as well. I have come to hate what they did to a great gametracker at NFL.com. Like they allowed the developers and marketing people design it to see how much crap they could jam into it.

I've always thought their site was lousy... unintuitive, and spammed out with so much crap it's difficult to navigate to where you wanna go, or figure out how to get the specific info you want... their search results suck to.

It's disappointing since they should be the go-to authority for all info needs, past and present, but I really only dig their draft history setup.

I've always thought their site was lousy... unintuitive, and spammed out with so much crap it's difficult to navigate to where you wanna go, or figure out how to get the specific info you want... their search results suck to.

It's disappointing since they should be the go-to authority for all info needs, past and present, but I really only dig their draft history setup.

I think everything they do regarding the draft on that site is pretty good - but I agree that's about the only thing they do well anymore. I've begun using so many other sites for everything else that nfl.com has pretty much fallen off the radar for me. They're ALWAYS behind on news, their stats are never as complete as other sites, and they have some of the most annoying writers I've ever read (Adam Rank).

That's the thing that's so screwball... they're the NFL, they own the thing, but they're way behind other sites in news and depth chart updates, and all other important real-time NFL information.

What else could it be other than cheaping out?... I'm sure they believe the NFL logo is enough to pull an audience...

I use sportsline's as well. I have come to hate what they did to a great gametracker at NFL.com. Like they allowed the developers and marketing people design it to see how much crap they could jam into it.

This.

It's a natural progression for both software and websites. Bloat, bloat, bloat.

Whoa. Let's ease up on us developers. :wacko:

Any developer worth their salt would have never allow this in anything they code/design. They must have been forced to do it from the business side of the house. If anything, i bet it was the technical resources that probably voiced their objections and were overruled (as usual).

but yeah, i get your point. :tup:

Edited by tosberg34

I sent a message asking if they have been to this website called Google. That company seems to know what to do when you visit their main page. It's simple and it works.

The older NFL sites weren't that bad. But like you guys have said, it seems the developers were forced to cram as much as possible on the front page.