[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss to niners!

What the hell, why not. I have to guess it was incentive-laden. Maybe we get the same Moss who had a chip on his shoulder after everyone gave up on him (and fairly so) after his stint with Oakland.

If not, they cut his ass and move on. Anything to help that WR crew.

What the hell, why not. I have to guess it was incentive-laden. Maybe we get the same Moss who had a chip on his shoulder after everyone gave up on him (and fairly so) after his stint with Oakland.

If not, they cut his ass and move on. Anything to help that WR crew.

+1 my thoughts precisely

Worth a shot I guess, although I'm not sure how the Alex Smith diet of check downs and short throws to the sideline are going to sit with Randy. That's not really his game.

I think people are making too much of Smith's timid play and I fell into the same trap earlier. They may have been just coaching him very carefully last year and it nearly got them a spot in the Super Bowl. This was a QB playing under his whateverth staff in as many years and a short camp to boot. I've got to think they take the training wheels off him with a full off-season to work together. And they're not so dumb that they don't realize that Moss will go sideways if they keep having him run down the field and then dump it off to someone else, so if they brought him in, it must be to use him the way he's intended to be used. Yet another indication that we're going to see a more wide-open scheme.

Hell, if nothing else he still commands some respect as a decoy, because we know Crabtree isn't going to burn you....

Man, I always wished Moss would come to Atlanta back in his prime, and with a championship environment there, you might just see the encore of the Randy Moss show...

Great move I think, when it's gonna take time to work in a long-term solution at WR... Whether he works out of not, it can't hurt.

If you think you're just a move or two from the SB, like SF has to feel it is, I don't see how this is one of those moves that gets them over the top. Moss has shown that he'll not only give up on his team multiple times and act like a petulant child, but even more importantly that he simply cannot get open any more. There's a lot of talented WRs hitting the FA market - you'd think SF would take aim at one of those guys if they feel they need a WR that badly.

Yes I do but I also know he will pull the safeties which means more single coverage for Crabtree on intermediate routes.

No harm in getting a deal done and if he's still got something, then bonus all the way around for the niners. That said, Moss has to make the squad first. And demonstrate he has some kind of threatening ability to warrant attention. Neither of those things he's managed to do with any degree of consistency since 2009.

If you think you're just a move or two from the SB, like SF has to feel it is, I don't see how this is one of those moves that gets them over the top. Moss has shown that he'll not only give up on his team multiple times and act like a petulant child, but even more importantly that he simply cannot get open any more. There's a lot of talented WRs hitting the FA market - you'd think SF would take aim at one of those guys if they feel they need a WR that badly.

Until we know the terms of the contract, it can't be determined whether this will cost the Niners a chance to pick up other WRs as well. If he got a bunch of money out of them rather than the incentive-laden deal that I'm hoping (and actually am assuming) it was, given his situation, then you have a point.

Until we know the terms of the contract, it can't be determined whether this will cost the Niners a chance to pick up other WRs as well. If he got a bunch of money out of them rather than the incentive-laden deal that I'm hoping (and actually am assuming) it was, given his situation, then you have a point.

Exactly I don't think that Harbaugh is sitting around saying ok we're good now... There will be more punch added in the form of a young buck from college or another veteran type to add to the mix as I also assume they didn't break the bank with a one year mega deal but rather an incentive type perform or don't get paid pal.

I thought he would have been a better fit for the Saints, but a good signing for San Fran

Maybe not, if the 49ers get Manning.