[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Benson to Green Bay

Big John

With Kuhn now hurt as well the Packers would probably give a job to Maurice Clarett. They just need bodies to get through the next two weeks by which time hopefully everybody heals up and there are no more injuries. They are a little snake bit right now. Hell, if they could forfeit preseason games they probably should just to get healthy.

As somebody who owned CedBen the last couple of years, I felt as though he always ended up with a pretty brutal rushing schedule which depressed his numbers. I never saw him play, so perhaps he has lost a step, but I wonder if not having to play the Ravens and Steelers twice a year might lift his spirits (and thus his performance).

Will be watching the Browns-Packers game tonight, will see how he looks (assuming he plays).

I don't think he'll play tonight as he just signed and the CBA disallows practicing in pads for the first couple days after signing a contract, plus he has to learn the playbook.

I just figure that Green Bay throws to the RB more and Cincy doesn't seem to do that....I don't recall Benson being a great receiver out of the backfield, but his fantasy prospects have improved by location alone if he can catch adequately...

How is Benson in pass protection? I know McCarthy loves Saine as a 3rd down back because he won't let Rodgers get destroyed by his guy.

Yep, Benson is inactive tonight.

Wouldn't have mattered, Browns owned the Packers last night ;)

BTW, you guys need a real backup QB, contact the Browns we have some extra guys we'd be willing to trade (I think both McCoy and Wallace were better than Harrell).

Wouldn't have mattered, Browns owned the Packers last night ;)

BTW, you guys need a real backup QB, contact the Browns we have some extra guys we'd be willing to trade (I think both McCoy and Wallace were better than Harrell).

Agree, there have been rumors that McCoy would be a good fit in GB. Harrell stinks!

I remember the preseason everyone was down on Rogers and wanted him gone or traded. I remember the same about Flynn. Keep working the program.

I never thought that about Rodgers or Flynn. Harrell's issues are completely different. He's making awful reads on top of awful throws. He hasn't shown much to be optimistic about. If he repeats week 2 performance in week 3, it's time to ask what Cleveland will take for McCoy. McCoy who is a guy who, within this system and coaching staff could turn into a very nice trade commodity down the road. Harrell lacks just about everything needed to fill in if needed. He's an absolute train wreck. He is not Matt Flynn.

I never thought that about Rodgers or Flynn. Harrell's issues are completely different. He's making awful reads on top of awful throws. He hasn't shown much to be optimistic about. If he repeats week 2 performance in week 3, it's time to ask what Cleveland will take for McCoy. McCoy who is a guy who, within this system and coaching staff could turn into a very nice trade commodity down the road. Harrell lacks just about everything needed to fill in if needed. He's an absolute train wreck. He is not Matt Flynn.

A better comparison would be Harrell to Brohm.

A better comparison would be Harrell to Brohm.

That's perfect. Harrell is just a wreck. In between making bad decisions and off target throws he seems to have that deer in the headlights look.

I would be ecstatic with Colt McCoy as the no.2 He's a gamer that plays within the system. Cleveland gave him no weapons and expected results against Baltimore and Pittsburgh. He failed because they failed.

I'm not saying Harrel will make it. I am aying it is too early to write him off. Many had these same opinions and statements before and through McCarthy's process with his Q.B. school they came out great. I'm not saying anybody here was negative as to Flynn or Rodgers, but there was a large chorus demanding their ouster at one time or declaring them busts.

McCarthy has said that Harrel is progressing. I know many coaches speak hollow words of encouragement to keep guys up. Maybe McCarthy is doing just that and maybe Thompson will make a move. I tend to believe, however, that McCarthy is a pretty straight shooter on these and really all matters. I also tend to believe that Thompson is not looking to take on salary when he still has long term signings he has to do.

The fact is that if Rodgers goes down so too do the Packers. McCoy would give them a better shot as a one or two game fill in than would Harrel, but only incrementally so. If Rodgers only misses two or three games the Packers will make the playoffs no matter what happens in those games. If Rodgers is hurt more seriously then it doesn't really matter.

• 2 weeks later...

I look at tonight as a two game swing for Harrel. Where he could have had another negative game he instead put one in the positive column. Still a long way to go, but he set his foot on the right path tonight.

I like that Benson put the ball on the ground tonight. He will be dogged by that all week right up to the 49ers game. I think he needed a reminder on the issue and I hope it will serve to get his head right. The only thing better than this reminder would be if he did not still need to learn this lesson after so many years in the league. I wonder if that fumble made Starks' toe feel just a bit better?

The Packers have some depth at W.R. I continue to believe they should shop Driver for a draft pick. It's gettin a little late on that now.

Finley sighting

Here's to hoping B.J. is just fine.

I hope Shields gained some confidence. To my amazement iI actually saw him tackle someone, so it is possible.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

The Packers have some depth at W.R. I continue to believe they should shop Driver for a draft ick. It's gettin a little late on that now.

I saw on NFLN that the Dolphins were inquiring about James Jones.

I saw on NFLN that the Dolphins were inquiring about James Jones.

If the Packers can get good value there I would have no problem seeing him go and keeping Driver around for another year along with one of the talented young guys.

If I recall Jones has a very manageable contract right now. That may enhance his trade value.

Do you know, where the Dolphins offering some value this year in a pler swap, or were they offering future compensation, if the story said.

I look at tonight as a two game swing for Harrel. Where he could have had another negative game he instead put one in the positive column. Still a long way to go, but he set his foot on the right path tonight.

So you guys may have a backup QB after all and won't be calling the Browns to inquire about McCoy :(