[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys the Day After

Cowboyz1

Sunday began with a bang with my and most everyone elses #1 pick AP takes the first carry of the 2013 season 70 yards to the house. I said to myself, hell yeah. As morning slipped into afternoon two things happened.

One, all six of my fantasy teams were firing on all cylinders scoring like a GI on a hospital ship. AP, Kap, V. Davis, A. Boldin all going off in a big way putting up high scores in two leagues.

Two, the Dallas game was weighing heavy on my mind like that weight they pull in those tractor pulls that increase the further it travels.

So I'm fired up but tempering my excitement knowing all would be crushed if my Cowboys come out and get trounced by the Giants again at home.

So I'm watching pre-game and my dad comes over and he's just as nervous as I am. First play of the game Eli throws a dump off right to Ware's waiting arms. I jump up screaming hell ya. That's the way to start the game.

3 points later I'm sayin, oh boy here we go again.

By the time the first half is over, I'm checking to see if I got the schedule right because I would swear I was watching a preseason game.

Positives

The Oline played well. Against an active, big aggressive front thought the Cowboys held up solid. Tyron Smith manhandled JPP for most of the game. Free and the right Guard Burnindown or something like that were the weak links. Next week Waters is going to improve the right side once he takes over at guard.

I told you the center of the line was fixed. It was. On several plays Romo had time to survey like a pubic works dude in an orange vest. All he needed was Murray in his orange vest leaning on a shovel pointing in some random direction to finish the seen. Fredrick was outstanding in is first NFL start as was Leary the starting left guard in his first action.

Demo was a beast. He may not have put up tons of numbers but he was running the Giants defenders over. He also got 8 grabs, although dump offs were nice added production.

The Defense with 6 turnovers was bitter sweet. I thought the D'Line was dominant with Selvie playing is arse off while Hatcher making me forget about Rat.

Slip played solid and took what the D gave him. He was patient and didn't force the ball. The miscue with the Rookie T. Williams was disappointing but I don't believe he is ready to be in there in that situation anyway.

Miles Austin, I drafted Austin to be a PPR beast and he was. As long as teams double and triple Dez Austin is going to eat team up out of the slot.

David Wilson was wants to be a Cowboy. I said it earlier that he was a fumbler and would have a big fumble in this game. Two huge fumbles has him looking like an expensive car that sits in the driveway because the owner lost his license for too many DUI's. We'll see if the Tiki Tuck works for him but I wouldn't count on it.

Negatives

Penalties. Witten, Smith, and others need to get their $hit together. Penalties are a sign of lack of talent usually but focus must be improved or they are going to keep shooting themselves in the foot. That is if they have any flesh left to shoot after the last few seasons.

The secondary. When you get 6 turnovers, your suppose to blow a team out. I know it was the Giants but this game should have been out of hand. Twice the secondary was out of position and didn't know what to do. Cruz ran by Allen like he was directing traffic.

Free played ok for the most part but when he blows it, he blows it with both hands and a vigorous head bob.

Offense didn't capitalize on turnovers.

Slip got the malachi crunch that has his ribs sore but thank God he should be fine for next week.

This is week 1 and the defense is new to all the players so I expect there to be growing pains but they need to get this fixed quick. I imagine this Defense getting to be awfully good once Rat and Spencer come back and the secondary works out the kinks.

By the time all the games were over I looked like Hugh Hefner strolling around in a silk Cowboys robe in the playboy mansion with a drink in one hand and a clicker in the other, sitting in front of the TV watching NFL network.

Needless to say I was one satisfied man. I layed my head on my pillow thinking, wow the Giants have Denver next week. 0-2 in their future.

Between the way my fantasy year has begun and my beloved Cowboys, this just may be the Year of the Cowboy!

Here's to victory monday! :peace::brew:

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

I like church!! and I like Church:) Defense must of gotten a few lessons on how to strip the ball too which is great:)) However, some work needs to be done, but nothing we can't address. It's all good. I'm glad we won this important game:))

not a fan of the dink n dunk. I'll be surprised if Ratliff ever makes it back. Free's gonna get Romo killed. Speaking of Romo, looked like his clock was going off a few times expecting pressure that wasn't there yet, can't blame him the way last year went. Take away maybe just 1 turnover and they would have lost. meh..

Looked like the normal Romo to me. I expect big things out of Romo fantasywise but as a real QB I would not have him. not trying to dog your guy I just have never seen him handle pressure well.

- Happy I waited on QB in one league where I got Romo. I think he'll be neck-and-neck with dudes that went 3-4 rounds before him (in most leagues).

- Happy I have Witten in a couple leagues. Dude is a beast and if he can actually add TD-catching to his repetoire, he'll close the gap on that "Jimmy Graham in his own tier" thing thing year

- Hoping Bryant's injury won't cost him many games. Terrence Williams may be a nice WR in a couple years, but by no means is he ready to replicate Bryant's potential dominance of games

- I like Murray enough as a backup in one of my leagues. Wouldn't feel comfortable with him as a RB1 or even as a RB2, though. Fortunately I'm stacked in this particular league and can utilize him in bye situations only.

that's all u got? :lol: I just don't really like Coughlin. Maybe it's because he coaches the Giants, I don't know. Shanny's got rings too, don't want him in Dallas either

What else is there ? . :shrug: Myself, I would take either of those guys poolboys than any coach my Lions have had in my day.

1st time he ever caught 2 in a game from Romo. Does'nt seem right

I dunno, maybe with Austin healthy there are two legit outside threats and there'll be no choice but to leave Witten to roam the middle. Heck, it works everywhere else, why not in the red zone?

Looked like the normal Romo to me. I expect big things out of Romo fantasywise but as a real QB I would not have him. not trying to dog your guy I just have never seen him handle pressure well.

How do you think he has become the quarterback he is today? Then again, there are two types of pressure. Pressure from the DLine, which doesn't bother him much, considering he's been doing it for the past 3 years. Pressure in the playoffs? Yeah, I'd agree. But maybe because he can't trust his OLine and thinks he has the entire franchise on his shoulders. And the way he was calling those plays last night, directing everything, he's one solid QB. But hey, we'll see.

How do you think he has become the quarterback he is today? Then again, there are two types of pressure. Pressure from the DLine, which doesn't bother him much, considering he's been doing it for the past 3 years. Pressure in the playoffs? Yeah, I'd agree. But maybe because he can't trust his OLine and thinks he has the entire franchise on his shoulders. And the way he was calling those plays last night, directing everything, he's one solid QB. But hey, we'll see.

Not trying to run your guy down and as I got him in almost every fantasy draft I was in. I hope you are right . I just don't think he can read a defense and I think when the pressure is on he folds up.

Edited by HighKite