[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offer my view to anyone wanting fantasy advice

HighKite

Playoff question Kite! Love your advice and would love your opinion on this.

I'm trying to stay ahead of the game as I am going to pick up my week 16 defence this week as I have a bye this week and already have my D for next week.

Team #1 in Signature, I need to drop Montee Ball (have Moreno handcuffed) or Bobby Rainey (who I will never use but could help someone).

My choices for defence are

Cin home to Min

Ten @ Jags

Den @ Hou

Let me know which move you would make? Thanks Kite!

Congrats on the bye gig.

I think Rainey has a very good week this week ( I know you are not playing this week but other people are) . I also would hate to cut Ball as he is the leagues best Handcuff IMO. but if these are the 2 choices you got I cut Ball as I think Rainey does 100 yards this week. the thing is Rainey becomes useless again the week after when he faces the 49'ers. the reason I say this is if you cut him wait til the end of the week so noone can have him this week.

Cincy would be the defense I picked up. they are the only of the 3 that will be playing for something and they are just the best defense of the 3.

Edited by HighKite

sorry i'm new to this site and may have posted this question 3 times now but just learning how to use it. i'm starting josh mcown or cutler vs dal but I have rg3 on bench but he plays kc and has been very up and down. first round of playoffs in my league is one week only. any thoughts? also, I could pick up Fitzpatrick on waivers. at flex do I risk Jordan reed not being 100 percent and go with ryan Mathews? it is ppr

hey!

sooo, with a win i'm in the play-offs for sure. if i lose, i'm practically out. here's my situation (2RB, 3WR, 1FLEX, standard scoring):

RB: lynch (must-start), a.brown(@SD), r.jennings(@NYJ), b.rainey(vs BUF), s.vereen(vs CLE)

WR: garcon (vs KC), cruz (@SD), jeffery(vs DAL), j.jones (vs. ATL), r.white(@GB)

FLEX: i guess, that's one RB from above

wow, there are some toughies to decide...

thanks!

Edited by gunkl

HK--Victory last week! Playoffs ahead... Going up against the guy with the most "points for" during regular season.

Current starters:

QB - Brady

RB1 - AP

RB2 - Knowshon

WR1 - Dez

WR2 - Keenan Allen

TE - ??

Flex - Andre Brown

K - Vinatieri

DEF - ??

1) TE - Reed concussed last week (read that messed with your lineups :-/) and Gates/Fleener not overly impressive. Gotta start somebody tho! Thoughts?

2) DEF - Perhaps a good problem to have; Niners at home against Seahawks, Panthers travel to SuperDome. Each of my opponents on a short week and Saints unexpectedly had to deal with an extra travel delay. Tempted to go Panthers. Here are DEF scoring rules for my league:

Team Defense / Special Teams Each Sack (SK) 1 Interception Return TD (INTTD) 6 Fumble Return TD (FRTD) 6 Kickoff Return TD (KRTD) 6 Punt Return TD (PRTD) 6 Blocked Punt or FG return for TD (BLKKRTD) 6 Blocked Punt, PAT or FG (BLKK) 2 Each Interception (INT) 2 Each Fumble Recovered (FR) 2 Each Safety (SF) 2 0 points allowed (PA0) 5 1-6 points allowed (PA1) 4 7-13 points allowed (PA7) 3 14-17 points allowed (PA14) 1 28-34 points allowed (PA28) -1 35-45 points allowed (PA35) -3 46+ points allowed (PA46) -5

Would you change my current lineup in any other way?

Thanks again my man!

I do believe Rainey has a good game and in many instances for me he is a must start. not on your team.

It is kinda impossible for me to advise benching Gordon when he has 1249 yards ( I believe) recieving already and he missed the 1st 2 games. we are talking Calvin Johnson numbers here with this guy. if Cleveland was capable of running the ball I would myself be scared of him a little more as not many teams can you run easier on than the Patriots. but Cleveland cannot run and I think throws the ball all day once they get behind.

I think your lineup looks great but Dalton scares me as Indy cannot stop the run either as them giving up 120 yards rushing or more in 7 of their last 8 games shows.

Green- Ellis could be a nice suprise play this week on another note.

• Like 1

I've dominated in my league all season (10-2 and scored the most points in the league), I got the BYE week last week and now it gets serious. Of course tho, now I am in a QB quandry. Who should I start?

Luck @ Bengals

Kaepernick vs. Seattle

Fitzpatrick @ Denver

Am I crazy for leaning towards Fitz this week?

It is who I would probably go with unless something that happens this week changes my mind.

I don't think Kaep can even be thought about the way he has played against that tough defense and Luck has a rough matchup plus has not been the fantasy every week starter we all thought he would be.and 2 TD's in his last 4 games throwing is not very encouraging.

If Denver comes out and just starts busting Tennessee up Fitz may have his high attempts on the year. just think there is more upside here.

weak 14, RG3 or mcown/cutler? i'm so torn not sure what to do. playoffs are one game and done in this league

I worry about the Bears trying to run over the Boys. I know the cowboys shut the Raiders down last week but before that they were getting ripped apart.and will again. I think whatever game plan the Bears go with will succeed. just afraid they choose the run route and they slow the game down to where you don't get many attempts out of the Bears QB. and to double your problems the Bears cannot stop the run either so if both teams come in trying to run it could be a slow paced game that is not QB friendly. this rationale has me on the edge of benching Romo this week.

Griffin gets the Chiefs who have given up over 350 yards a game over the last 3 ( I know that it was to better QB's) but , with Griffins legs you get less downside. I , personally believe for Griffin to get off the Redskins will have to be getting hammered and get into pass mode while the defense play back. which I believe is very very possible.

My end is I don't really trust either but I go Griffin here.

Hi HighKite, I'm not sure who to play in my flex. My options are A.johnson, c. Ivory, B. Rainey, or S. Vereen. My starters are A.P, R.bush, j. Gordon, demaryius Thomas. Please help. Thanks

Well,you got 3 guys I would have no problem playing in Johnson, Rainey and Vereen.

if it is a PPR league Vereen is the safest and 1 I would play. if it is standard I would play Andre Johnson but would flip flop between him and Rainey all week as I think Rainey does well too.Right now since it is so close I go with the guy that is used to playing in the playoffs at this time of the year. Andre Johnson.

This is a good problem for you to have IMO. I don't think you can help but get a servicable game out of all 3.

Edited by HighKite

hey!

sooo, with a win i'm in the play-offs for sure. if i lose, i'm practically out. here's my situation (2RB, 3WR, 1FLEX, standard scoring):

RB: lynch (must-start), a.brown(@SD), r.jennings(@NYJ), b.rainey(vs BUF), s.vereen(vs CLE)

WR: garcon (vs KC), cruz (@SD), jeffery(vs DAL), j.jones (vs. ATL), r.white(@GB)

FLEX: i guess, that's one RB from above

wow, there are some toughies to decide...

thanks!

At WR I go with White and Cruz for sure as they have good matchups. I think I would go with Jeffery as my 3rd over Garcon just because of what he did last week. we have seen his upside and would not want to miss out on it unless you had better options ( not that your options are horrible as they are not)

At RB I go with Lynch as you said and Brown.

FLEX I go with Vereen if it is a PPR league and Rainey if it is standard.

Hey HighKite,

Thanks for taking my question. 8 team, Standard scoring.

WDIS @ Flex this week: Jennings, Vereen, Wallace, or Allen

WDIS @ TE this week: Gonzalez, Cook, or Bennett

Thanks for the help! I really need it!

I go Allen ( assuming it is the Chargers WR) at FLEX

At TE I go with Gonzalez as I think he might have that game you have been waiting for since Julio Jones went out.

HK--Victory last week! Playoffs ahead... Going up against the guy with the most "points for" during regular season.

Current starters:

QB - Brady

RB1 - AP

RB2 - Knowshon

WR1 - Dez

WR2 - Keenan Allen

TE - ??

Flex - Andre Brown

K - Vinatieri

DEF - ??

1) TE - Reed concussed last week (read that messed with your lineups :-/) and Gates/Fleener not overly impressive. Gotta start somebody tho! Thoughts?

2) DEF - Perhaps a good problem to have; Niners at home against Seahawks, Panthers travel to SuperDome. Each of my opponents on a short week and Saints unexpectedly had to deal with an extra travel delay. Tempted to go Panthers. Here are DEF scoring rules for my league:

Team Defense / Special Teams Each Sack (SK) 1 Interception Return TD (INTTD) 6 Fumble Return TD (FRTD) 6 Kickoff Return TD (KRTD) 6 Punt Return TD (PRTD) 6 Blocked Punt or FG return for TD (BLKKRTD) 6 Blocked Punt, PAT or FG (BLKK) 2 Each Interception (INT) 2 Each Fumble Recovered (FR) 2 Each Safety (SF) 2 0 points allowed (PA0) 5 1-6 points allowed (PA1) 4 7-13 points allowed (PA7) 3 14-17 points allowed (PA14) 1 28-34 points allowed (PA28) -1 35-45 points allowed (PA35) -3 46+ points allowed (PA46) -5

Would you change my current lineup in any other way?

Thanks again my man!

Brother Zeus. congrats on your victory.

TE is tough this week. I would go with the fantasy playoff veteran Gates this week. the Giants are in the top 3rd matchups in the league for TE's and I just think he is less likely to hurt you. Fleener has proved servicable though.

I love the Panthers. got them in a few leagues and proud of what they have done as people laughed when I thought they would be solid this year. that being said I am wanting to bench Carolina for the Raiders this week. if I had the Niners that would not cross my mind. I know it is the Seahawks and they are playing well. but the Niners hit you and make you remember it the rest of the game. Wilson will have fits against that defense and will Lynch.

Me and my best friend was talking fantasy on the phone yesterday and we both thought the same thing..do you see Brees having 2 bad games in a row? we didn't.

^^^^ would you start Gordon no matter who is at QB, or would you play Rainey?

I would rather it be Weeden but it don't really matter. he won't go 200 again don't get me wrong as N.E. will force them to throw elsewhere. but 5 for 100 with a possible score would still be solid. and if they get way behind he could make a play for 3 straight 200 yard games, if he did and you had him benched after 2 straight 200 yard games you would kick yourself in the butt.. he has played in 10 games and in 6 of them he has had 125 yards or more.

I do like Rainey alot too though. I just could not force myself to bench Gordon right now. my reality is a bad game from him is 4 catches for 60 yards. we don't even need to talk about what a good game from him looks like.

It is a shame you cannot play them both. Rainey does have the matchup to make us pay for this decision. but 498 yards in 2 games? Gordon is doing things that are unprecedented.

Hey High kite thanks for last week with that clutch pick of T.Smith over V.Jax. I won by one pt in a shoot out!

This week I'm going with this line up.

Standard/10 team

Qb Big ben

Rb AP, D murray

WR Aj Green, T. smith

TE Cameron

Flex Vjax

Def Chiefs D

K Novak.

Bench

Rg3

F Jackson

P.Thomas

Cards D

H.nicks

Mendenhall

Cobb

What do you think about my line up? Would you make any changes?

Hello HighKite,

A couple questions for you...first round bye in playoffs is on the line.

Who should I start at flex?:

Stacy vs Ari

Shorts vs Hou

Bernard vs Ind

Should I pick up another kicker or just stay with N. Folk? I picked him up weeks ago when there was some resemblance of an offense in NY. The offense has died completely and so has his production. I always have a hard time shuffling Kickers because the production is usually unpredictable. However, the production on Folk's end has been pitiful (despite great accuracy). Below are the kickers available:

Carpenter (Buf)

Gould (Chi)

Feeley (Ari)

Suisham (Pit)

Sturgis (Mia)

Hartley (NO)

I appreciate your help.

HK

Figured I would throw this in here too for your advice

In the playoffs!

1/2 point PPR league

Need 1 flex from

MJD vs Hou (Thurs)

Shorts vs Hou (Thurs)

Spiller @ TB

I'm leaning MJD. He's been pretty consistent lately and last game @HOU went for 80 yds and a TD

with 6 recpts for 60. Spiller had a geat week last week but vs Atl. Tougher matchup this week vs

TB and timeshare with FJax.

And HHM: I had the same kicker dilemma as you....FWIW I dropped Folk and picked up Gould (pretty much same K on waiver as you except Bailey was there too)

Brother Zeus. congrats on your victory.

TE is tough this week. I would go with the fantasy playoff veteran Gates this week. the Giants are in the top 3rd matchups in the league for TE's and I just think he is less likely to hurt you. Fleener has proved servicable though.

I love the Panthers. got them in a few leagues and proud of what they have done as people laughed when I thought they would be solid this year. that being said I am wanting to bench Carolina for the Raiders this week. if I had the Niners that would not cross my mind. I know it is the Seahawks and they are playing well. but the Niners hit you and make you remember it the rest of the game. Wilson will have fits against that defense and will Lynch.

Me and my best friend was talking fantasy on the phone yesterday and we both thought the same thing..do you see Brees having 2 bad games in a row? we didn't.

After a reasonable night's sleep, I agree lol. I read that defenses visiting the MercDome leave averaging less than 4 fantasy points... Niners it is, playing at home with something to prove agains the "best" team in the NFL. As far as TE, I'll make a last minute decision on that one; probably poll the general forum.

Just curious, how many leagues are you in?

Hello HighKite. Thanks again for your insights!

Non PPR league.

II Need to start 3 of the following (for WR2, WR3 & FLEX positions):

Steve Smith @ new Orleans

Golden Tate @ San Fran

Darren Sproles vs. Panthers

Stevie Johnson @ Tampa Bay (He has beaten Revis in the past)

DeAndre Hopkins @ Jacksonville

I also have Andre Ellington (if he is a go) vs. Rams

Edited by Dcat