[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offer my view to anyone wanting fantasy advice

HighKite

Hey High kite thanks for last week with that clutch pick of T.Smith over V.Jax. I won by one pt in a shoot out!

This week I'm going with this line up.

Standard/10 team

Qb Big ben

Rb AP, D murray

WR Aj Green, T. smith

TE Cameron

Flex Vjax

Def Chiefs D

K Novak.

Bench

Rg3

F Jackson

P.Thomas

Cards D

H.nicks

Mendenhall

Cobb

What do you think about my line up? Would you make any changes?

Looks like a team ready to go to me. glad you won my friend and hope you keep on rollin.you got the lineup to do it,.

Hello HighKite,

A couple questions for you...first round bye in playoffs is on the line.

Who should I start at flex?:

Stacy vs Ari

Shorts vs Hou

Bernard vs Ind

Should I pick up another kicker or just stay with N. Folk? I picked him up weeks ago when there was some resemblance of an offense in NY. The offense has died completely and so has his production. I always have a hard time shuffling Kickers because the production is usually unpredictable. However, the production on Folk's end has been pitiful (despite great accuracy). Below are the kickers available:

Carpenter (Buf)

Gould (Chi)

Feeley (Ari)

Suisham (Pit)

Sturgis (Mia)

Hartley (NO)

I appreciate your help.

At RB I go Stacy. I think he gets back to the 23-24 carries point.

I like all 3 options actually as I think the Bengels get some yardage on the ground themselves and Shorts gets his usual amount of targets. but Stacy's touches I think makes his downside less than the other 2.

I like Gould this week at kicker. I think the Bears/Cowboys rack up some rushing yards this week and in games like that many times it turns into a FG game.

I would rather it be Weeden but it don't really matter. he won't go 200 again don't get me wrong as N.E. will force them to throw elsewhere. but 5 for 100 with a possible score would still be solid. and if they get way behind he could make a play for 3 straight 200 yard games, if he did and you had him benched after 2 straight 200 yard games you would kick yourself in the butt.. he has played in 10 games and in 6 of them he has had 125 yards or more.

I do like Rainey alot too though. I just could not force myself to bench Gordon right now. my reality is a bad game from him is 4 catches for 60 yards. we don't even need to talk about what a good game from him looks like.

It is a shame you cannot play them both. Rainey does have the matchup to make us pay for this decision. but 498 yards in 2 games? Gordon is doing things that are unprecedented.

Gordon it is. Thanks brother.

Hey HK it's playoff time in my 12 team league (Team 1 in sig) and I wanted to get your opinion on the roster. It hasn't varied much all season and I'm not sure if I should get too cute now that its do or die.

The TE slot is again going to be a question mark before gametime with Reed still not practicing. I'm afraid that even if he does play, he may not be effective or could take one bad hit and end up removed from the game. Fleener is a decent option, but the matchup @ CIN isn't necessarily the best. I also have Zach Miller who I grabbed after Reed was announced out, but his matchup @ SF might be worse than Fleener's (even with Wilson playing lights out like he is).

My flex is also a tough call. I've been rolling with Garcon almost exclusively as he is a target monster. He's been decent, but I have two guys in Floyd and Wallace that have outscored him the last 3 weeks.

I am also planning on sitting Carolina's D @ NO for Cincy at home vs Indy.

Thanks again for all your help this season. What if anything would you change about my starting lineup and why?

thanks for your advice, HK! what about your team(s)? have you clinched the playoffs?

anyway, i picked up jared cook (@ARI) from the WW. would you play him instead of g.graham @JAX?

cheers!

I have moved up to 4th in a 12 team total points league(also my biggest money league and league I have been in for like 15 year, maybe more) that goes all the way to week 17. being I drafted Doug Martin with my 1st pick, Julio Jones with my 2nd pick and Lamar Miller with my 4th pick I am doing well and on the rise. made a trade in that league 2 weeks ago(Demaryius Thomas for Demarco Murray) that has really helped push my team upwards. had a few people in the league who thought I was crazy but its a PPR league and I have Josh Gordon and Douglas playing great and Bernard just was not working as my RB2.(plus the guy I traded was near the bottom so if Thomas was to have went off not as likely to hurt me)

Altogether I have 3 teams in the playoffs with 1 where we have 3 conferences champions and 1 wildcard and of course I am in the 1 division that has 3 9 win teams. of course I play 1 of them so if I lose I am out and if I win I am in as either Wildcard or division winner.

Got 2 teams . 1 a IDP team that has a winning record ( but point totals were worse than record)but missed the playoffs and 1 team that just stunk it up ( another team with Doug Martin and Julio Jones)

Altogether I am happy but this is the big week.

For your question I would go Graham. I picked him up this week as more of what I consider the defensive side of football. against Jville he should be solid although would not expect spectacular. but I think his downside is not as low as Cooks.

HK

Figured I would throw this in here too for your advice

In the playoffs!

1/2 point PPR league

Need 1 flex from

MJD vs Hou (Thurs)

Shorts vs Hou (Thurs)

Spiller @ TB

I'm leaning MJD. He's been pretty consistent lately and last game @HOU went for 80 yds and a TD

with 6 recpts for 60. Spiller had a geat week last week but vs Atl. Tougher matchup this week vs

TB and timeshare with FJax.

And HHM: I had the same kicker dilemma as you....FWIW I dropped Folk and picked up Gould (pretty much same K on waiver as you except Bailey was there too)

Yeah MJD looks like MJD . I tried hard to trade for him when I seen they started throwing to him. I think he is your most consistant option right now. don't hurt he just got done playing Houston and had a game too.

I agree with you on Spiller. I started him for the 1st time last week (someone actually dropped him) just for that matchup and he came through. but that matchup is over with until maybe next week.

I like Shorts this week but when it comes down to it the last thing you want is a stinker. and MJD is the safest IMO.

Edited by HighKite

After a reasonable night's sleep, I agree lol. I read that defenses visiting the MercDome leave averaging less than 4 fantasy points... Niners it is, playing at home with something to prove agains the "best" team in the NFL. As far as TE, I'll make a last minute decision on that one; probably poll the general forum.

Just curious, how many leagues are you in?

Hello HighKite. Thanks again for your insights!

Non PPR league.

II Need to start 3 of the following (for WR2, WR3 & FLEX positions):

Steve Smith @ new Orleans

Golden Tate @ San Fran

Darren Sproles vs. Panthers

Stevie Johnson @ Tampa Bay (He has beaten Revis in the past)

DeAndre Hopkins @ Jacksonville

I also have Andre Ellington (if he is a go) vs. Rams

At WR I would have to go Steve Smith and Stevie Johnson. they have less downside and more upside than the rest of your WR's IMO.

At FLEX I would go Sproles despite no PPR. after last week I think Brees starts going to what he knows. Sproles and Colston (and of course Graham.

This all being said, I don't really trust any of them. if Hopkins had more than 4 catches in 3 games against Jville he could be good but how do you trust him. same for Tate as he has had 2 plus matchups in row and could not take advantage.

Even if Ellington plays I think Mendenhall carries the load.

I need some advice here...

I got 3 WR Spots to fill (PPR) and I have these guys to pick from...

Boldin

Welker

Cooper

Baldwin

Ace Sanders

I would start off with Cooper as Philly has to know they are gonna have to throw the ball. and my Lions secondary can be cracked wide open if they can protect Foles long enough.

I think Welker has a nice week this week.his last 3 games he played the Cheifs twice and the way to beat them is to throw downfield on them. then they had New England and the way to beat them is to run on them. this week they get the Titans. to beat them you run throw alot of underneath routes. Welker should be much used in this game. I expect Demaryius Thomas to also blow up this week.

3rdly I go Boldin as I just think even with his tough matchup he is more trustable than Sanders and Baldwin.

Hey HK it's playoff time in my 12 team league (Team 1 in sig) and I wanted to get your opinion on the roster. It hasn't varied much all season and I'm not sure if I should get too cute now that its do or die.

The TE slot is again going to be a question mark before gametime with Reed still not practicing. I'm afraid that even if he does play, he may not be effective or could take one bad hit and end up removed from the game. Fleener is a decent option, but the matchup @ CIN isn't necessarily the best. I also have Zach Miller who I grabbed after Reed was announced out, but his matchup @ SF might be worse than Fleener's (even with Wilson playing lights out like he is).

My flex is also a tough call. I've been rolling with Garcon almost exclusively as he is a target monster. He's been decent, but I have two guys in Floyd and Wallace that have outscored him the last 3 weeks.

I am also planning on sitting Carolina's D @ NO for Cincy at home vs Indy.

Thanks again for all your help this season. What if anything would you change about my starting lineup and why?

I feel like you do about Reed. like I said quite a number of weeks ago every time he is tackled it don't look like he is getting up. and I don't trust him this week and would start Fleener over him.

Yeah Garcon despite will end up with decent stats should have performed higher as he had 1 good matchup after another. I have never thought he was a good WR but he does create separation which is why he is in the league as he falls down if someone breaths on him..that being said, he has had 1 game all year with less than 6 catches. and that game he got 5.

Floyd has played good for 3 straight weeks now and I see him having another solid game this week. I think between him and Garcon it is a toss up.

I also like Mike Wallace but to me his downside is worse than the other 2.

I think I go with Garcon. you understand more about what you are getting than the others. I think all 3 are startable though.

I agree with your defensive change. having Cincy could really pay off for you this week.

I would start off with Cooper as Philly has to know they are gonna have to throw the ball. and my Lions secondary can be cracked wide open if they can protect Foles long enough.

I think Welker has a nice week this week.his last 3 games he played the Cheifs twice and the way to beat them is to throw downfield on them. then they had New England and the way to beat them is to run on them. this week they get the Titans. to beat them you run throw alot of underneath routes. Welker should be much used in this game. I expect Demaryius Thomas to also blow up this week.

3rdly I go Boldin as I just think even with his tough matchup he is more trustable than Sanders and Baldwin.

Thanks HighKite for that thorough analysis.

I was thinking of sitting Welker because of snow and freezing weather conditions plus he has been on a good slump.

I was thinking of sitting Boldin because altho he is hot, no receiver has gotten over 100 yrds nor a TD in a while vs Seattle.

I love Cooper's matchup vs the Lions.

Baldwin has been producing consistently the last 4 games. Sanders is getting a lot of targets and he is up against my reeling Texan team.

It is playoff week and should I start P Manning in snow game with Tenn or I should start N Poles Vs Detoit at home? Thanks

No way in this world do I bench Peyton. don't get me wrong, Foles is a fine play. but in no way in this world do I bench Peyton Manning.

Thanks HighKite for that thorough analysis.

I was thinking of sitting Welker because of snow and freezing weather conditions plus he has been on a good slump.

I was thinking of sitting Boldin because altho he is hot, no receiver has gotten over 100 yrds nor a TD in a while vs Seattle.

I love Cooper's matchup vs the Lions.

Baldwin has been producing consistently the last 4 games. Sanders is getting a lot of targets and he is up against my reeling Texan team.

You have thourogh analysis too.

My worry on Baldwin is he has had a nice 4 game run against T.B., Atl,Minne and New Orleans. this week it is the niners and I don't trust him against them.

That being said, you know your ball just like I do. I don't want to tear you away from something you are feeling then you regret it later.

Non-PPR WR/RB and 1-PPR TE

RB Have: CJ2K, R Bush, L Bell, B Vereen, L Ball

Reggie Bush is questionable with a knee injury and Joique Bell is available on WW. I need to drop one of either Vereen or Ball to p/u Joique Bell as a handcuff to R Bush.

I am in the playoffs with a Week 14 bye. Should I stand pat with who I have or drop either Vereen or Ball to get Joique?

ETA: We start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

Others:

WR: A Johnson, D Bryant, A Brown, M Floyd, M Crabtree

TE: J Graham, Orange Julius

Edited by Rileyrott

You have thourogh analysis too.

My worry on Baldwin is he has had a nice 4 game run against T.B., Atl,Minne and New Orleans. this week it is the niners and I don't trust him against them.

That being said, you know your ball just like I do. I don't want to tear you away from something you are feeling then you regret it later.

Its all good. Just sharing my thought process... but you convinced me of not going with Baldwin and giving Welker another good look.

Thanks again

HighKite, sorry to bother you with another question, but I have a monster QB dilemma in my Team #2 in signature.

I'm in the Semis and trying to 3 peat in my competitive league with my friends.

I have Aaron Rodgers as you can see and he is probably not going to play (atleast that is impression I am getting from everything). I also have Philip Rivers of course and I could start him and that would be the easy decision.

The tough decision would be to pick up Mccown and start him over Rivers and drop Rivers. Now I could drop Chiefs D/ST and hope to get them back next week (which I really do not want to do) or I could drop Montee Ball (maybe?) or I could drop James Stars my handcuff for Lacy (probably could get him back) or of course I could drop Rivers cause it would really bother me to carry 3 QBS for a week (but maybe I would).

I guess my main question is who would you rather have ROS, the BEARs QB or Rivers, if you say the Bears QB, I can probably get Cutler next week and just drop Rivers now for Mccown or maybe I'd wait until Saturday so no one could get Rivers this week. (although I don't see anyone in league picking him up and starting him this week).

Rivers does have @Den and Oak next 2 weeks which seem like great matchups for a QB. What do I do?

Thanks!

12 person league

last regular season game

no flex positions

WDIS:

QB

r wilson vs SF

or

nick foles vs detroit

WR

wes welker vs Ten

harry douglas vs Green Bay

torrey smith vs minnesta

josh gordon vs patriots

doug baldwin vs san francisco

I need three and here's what I'm thinking so far. I'd like to start Harry Douglas, but I'm nervous about Roddy White looking so good recently. I'm 50/50 on Welker since he's not been too hot lately, but I have an issue putting him on the bench over any of the other options because he still has a chance to make a come back this week. I'm thinking Torrey Smith as a start, but that's more of a random gut feel than following any real facts.

Anything you can offer is super appreciated.

thanks!!