[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gronk Cleared ...

isleseeya

hey Cowboyz1...knock it off already

lol. he just caused the jets defender to hold him inside the 20 and got a PI call. next play ridley for a 17 yard Td. if he wasn't held, might be a TD of close to it for gronk. he changes what the patriots can do on offense and how defenses can play them.

Edited by irish

just almost made another 1 handed catch which he should've used 2 for. otherwise, he ends up with the game-winning td.

I'm still debating... but at this point I feel OK with Cumberland and his 3 straight double digit games, against NEP who tends to let TEs run wild and are without their defensive leader. And Rudolph is coming off a huge game and gets the Giants, with Freeman starting for the team for the first time.

So I guess I'm just saying it really depends on your backup(s) and your level of comfort with them and their respective matchups this week. The classic "safe vs. upside" type of debate.

i hope you listened to me but i feel as though u haven't...

i hope you listened to me but i feel as though u haven't...

You can get off your high horse. It wasn't just you that was singing his praises this week.

And, as I said in my initial post here, I started him in 1 of my 2 leagues where I own him. In the one I didn't, my team is garbage and I needed the sure points.

You can get off your high horse. It wasn't just you that was singing his praises this week.

And, as I said in my initial post here, I started him in 1 of my 2 leagues where I own him. In the one I didn't, my team is garbage and I needed the sure points.

i know i'm a cowboys' fan but i don't even own a horse. i was just checking in with ya to see if i was able to persuade you to start gronk. obviously not. there's always next week...

i know i'm a cowboys' fan but i don't even own a horse. i was just checking in with ya to see if i was able to persuade you to start gronk. obviously not. there's always next week...

Yup, despite there being a little timing-related rust, I'm convinced... he'll be starting in both leagues for the rest of the season. Just hope Graham can come back 100%... I own both in a TE-1 ppr (0.5 for rest) league and I've yet to taste the sour taste of defeat.

And just for all the "if my aunt had a wang, he'd be my uncle" folks.... Cumberland should have had a 20ish yard TD (bringing his day's total to around 15 points instead of the 7-8ish he finished with). :sad:

Yup, despite there being a little timing-related rust, I'm convinced... he'll be starting in both leagues for the rest of the season. Just hope Graham can come back 100%... I own both in a TE-1 ppr (0.5 for rest) league and I've yet to taste the sour taste of defeat.

And just for all the "if my aunt had a wang, he'd be my uncle" folks.... Cumberland should have had a 20ish yard TD (bringing his day's total to around 15 points instead of the 7-8ish he finished with). :sad:

I said this in the other league as well. Gronk should've had 2 TDs. He lost his footing on the 30 yard grab and fell down at the one yard line. And then at the end of the 4th qtr, he tried to make a 1-handed grab, when he certainly could've used 2, and dropped the ball screwing up the big play opportunity.

Cumberland also should've held onto that TD catch but he did have it knocked away, it was a great defensive play. Gronk just flat out dropped his.

• Like 1

Gronk SHOULD have ended up with 150 and two TDs. But only ended up with a measly 114 yards. Lol. So I guess I will kind of eat crow. Moving forward Gronk is going to blow up big time. I feel pretty good about my prediction of Gronk being the #1 TE moving forward

Kind of eat crow, you should have a couple extra helpings. You predicted 3 TD and he had none, the close ones don't count (at least not in my league). You predicted a career game, on his first back from a serious injury.

No doubt he's back in people's starting line-ups, but I could understand people being concerned, and going with other options especially if they had decent ones for that first game.

Gronk SHOULD have ended up with 150 and two TDs. But only ended up with a measly 114 yards. Lol. So I guess I will kind of eat crow. Moving forward Gronk is going to blow up big time. I feel pretty good about my prediction of Gronk being the #1 TE moving forward

Kind of eat crow, you should have a couple extra helpings. You predicted 3 TD and he had none, the close ones don't count (at least not in my league). You predicted a career game, on his first back from a serious injury.

No doubt he's back in people's starting line-ups, but I could understand people being concerned, and going with other options especially if they had decent ones for that first game.

kind of reminds me of someone :thinking:

Nah. Half a helping is all I can accept. There isn't one owner who read how hyped I was about Gronk and is the slightest bit pissed right now. Gronk had a great game regardless. If he would have made those grabs.... next week he probably will...

What about the people predicting 70 yards or even worse 40 yards??? They should eat crow. Also some guy said he thought Gronk would be in less than half of the total snaps. He was in for nearly 75% of the snaps yesterday.

Nah. Half a helping is all I can accept. There isn't one owner who read how hyped I was about Gronk and is the slightest bit pissed right now. Gronk had a great game regardless. If he would have made those grabs.... next week he probably will...

What about the people predicting 70 yards or even worse 40 yards??? They should eat crow. Also some guy said he thought Gronk would be in less than half of the total snaps. He was in for nearly 75% of the snaps yesterday.

Whatever, I was mostly just busting your balls. You made a bold prediction, and told everybody you'd be back to eat crow if you were wrong. You were, by a large margin, 150 and 3TD is a huge difference in scoring from 115 and no TD. Then you make the "he should have had 2TD" statement, and try to act like you were mostly right so you're only going to eat a little crow or a half serving.

Those people predicting a lower outcome (70 yards) were not as far off as you were, unless you don't score TDs.