[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ken Whisenhunt

Shorttynaz

Too much pressure to win immediately. They have all the pieces and it's a winnable division. Guess he doesn't have the stones so he'll head to a place with limited exposure and no real expectations.

Think they will find Jake Lockers replacement with the 1.11? I wonder if CJ restructures now? Kenny Britt may have new life? Ray Horton would be a great DC hire?

Think they will find Jake Lockers replacement with the 1.11? I wonder if CJ restructures now? Kenny Britt may have new life? Ray Horton would be a great DC hire?

QB is pretty deep this year, so if the "big" names are gone by #11 I think TEN would use the pick on someone else or possibly trade down to add more picks. They have a lot of work to do on both sides of the ball.

Not sure about CJ. If I were to say it leaned one way or another based on this hiring, I'd say he has more of a chance of re-signing now than before, but it's still an "on the fence" kind of thing for me.

I don't think Britt will ever be much for this team, honestly. Not with Locker at the helm.

Horton would be a good hire.

QB is pretty deep this year, so if the "big" names are gone by #11 I think TEN would use the pick on someone else or possibly trade down to add more picks. They have a lot of work to do on both sides of the ball.

Not sure about CJ. If I were to say it leaned one way or another based on this hiring, I'd say he has more of a chance of re-signing now than before, but it's still an "on the fence" kind of thing for me.

I don't think Britt will ever be much for this team, honestly. Not with Locker at the helm.

Horton would be a good hire.

FWIW, CJ isn't about "re-signing" as he's already under contract. Taz's question was whether he restructures his deal (i.e. takes a pay cut) to stay. His cap number is $10M next year with an $8M salary. He only has $4M dead money remaining, so it makes some level of sense for them to cut him if he doesn't. Personally I think they should leave it alone and ride him hard, see what he can do.

Britt is toast.

I heard that Ford sent his private jet to the airport to pick up Whiz, and he passed and waited to got to TEN instead.

As for Horton, I haven't heard a peep about any Browns assistant taking interviews. They are under contract (only Chud was fired) and were told by management their fate is in the hands of the new HC, but they would be "liberal in granting interviews".

No idea, haven't been following it at all actually.

Saying he wanted to go for limited exposure and no real expectations seemed like a leap though IMO

I have no idea either, I wasn't trying to be a jackass... didn't know if anyone knew the timing of when TEN's offer came vs. when he had an offer on the table to go to Detroit to talk about the Lions job.

So you're saying it's all about the money, then? :shrug: Fair enough. I dunno, if I were a coach I'd want to go where there was the most talent and ability to win. Maybe that's just me.

• Like 1

I have no idea either, I wasn't trying to be a jackass... didn't know if anyone knew the timing of when TEN's offer came vs. when he had an offer on the table to go to Detroit to talk about the Lions job.

So you're saying it's all about the money, then? :shrug: Fair enough. I dunno, if I were a coach I'd want to go where there was the most talent and ability to win. Maybe that's just me.

Mike and whoever was in for Mike today were talking about it today and said there's some people in the league that think Stafford will never win. I can see their side of it..Best wr in the game, Reggie Bush brought a lot to their offense this yr, Def doesn't suck..and they didn't make the playoffs...again

Maybe Whis thinks Stafford isn't gonna get any better too. Dunno

But yeah, given the choice, I'd have probly gone to Detroit myself because you're right..they seem much closer to winning "now"

ETA: I guess I'd actually take the extra mil given the choice, but I don't make the kinda $ these guys do :lol:

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

Mike and whoever was in for Mike today were talking about it today and said there's some people in the league that think Stafford will never win. I can see their side of it..Best wr in the game, Reggie Bush brought a lot to their offense this yr, Def doesn't suck..and they didn't make the playoffs...again

Maybe Whis thinks Stafford isn't gonna get any better too. Dunno

But yeah, given the choice, I'd have probly gone to Detroit myself because you're right..they seem much closer to winning "now"

ETA: I guess I'd actually take the extra mil given the choice, but I don't make the kinda $ these guys do :lol:

Yeah I mean if both offers are on the table at the same time I would have a hard time turning down the extra million. And it's not like TEN is THAT bad, but the way that NFL head coaches are wired, I would guess that he would want to win and win now. These guys are beyond competitive... koo-koo ego-maniacs. But maybe Whisenhunt is the kind of guy that wants to mold a team basically from scratch and stand by what he accomplishes. :shrug:

As for the Stafford thing, I heard that too. Maybe a great FANTASY QB but in terms of leading an NFL team to the promised land? Maybe he's just average.

And an ETA for me: My whole point was I wonder if he just said "no thanks" to even LISTENING to the Lions offer prior to listening to what Tennessee had to say. That would speak volumes, IMO.

Edited by darin3
  • Like 1

Yep... the Vikings are just holding out for the best candidate. :unsure:

No need to actually make anyone an offer without being excrutiatingly, painfully, thorough.

I have a feeling you guys may end up taking Horton from the Browns. I was informed by a coworker that he did intereview them (last week) and saw the same in an article today saying the Browns are allowing him to interview for any coaching job, not just HC.

And an ETA for me: My whole point was I wonder if he just said "no thanks" to even LISTENING to the Lions offer prior to listening to what Tennessee had to say.

ah well...if that's the case then that is strange. I was under the impression that he interviewed with DET already. But like I said, I really haven't been following the story