[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles release Desean Jackson

Shorttynaz

So RGIII will get to throw to

Pierre Garcon

DeSean Jackson

Jordan Reed.

Not too shabby. :thinking:

And Andre Roberts. Look at the money they have tied up in these receivers (average yearly salary figures, from here)

Garcon 8.5M (FA in 2017)

DJax 8M (FA in 2017)

Roberts 4M (FA in 2018)

Plus almost $4M tied up between TEs Paulsen & Davis, Reed is still playing on the cheap at under $700K.

They are going to be in some serious cap problems with all those guys. 3 of their top 10 average yearly salaries are WR, that is insane. They are ranked #30 in available cap space at this time (DET-31 & DEN-32 with negative space).

Thought they were still paying Josh Morgan lots ($5.75M average per year) but realized he is a free agent (unrestricted).

• Like 1

I usually don't like those star WR changing teams. But Washington has to be one of the best landing sport for him. With a capable QB RGIII, I am confident he will be a very good WR2 for his fantasy owners with WR1 upside, especially playing again the Eagles.

Edited by QFFL

I usually don't like those star WR changing teams. But Washington has to be one of the best landing sport for him. With a capable QB RGIII, I am confident he will be a very good WR2 for his fantasy owners with WR1 upside, especially playing again the Eagles.

If RGIII can learn how to be a pocket passer? Yes....but there is speed in Washington. Jackson,Garcon,Roberts and RGIII all run a sub 4.50 40yd dash.

• Like 1

3 small WRs and a TE. Either Alamo is gonna get a lot of short TDs or the skins will be mostly kicking field goals.

I just don't see how this proves to be a good way for Washington to blow the rest of their cap space.

3 small WRs and a TE. Either Alamo is gonna get a lot of short TDs or the skins will be mostly kicking field goals.

I just don't see how this proves to be a good way for Washington to blow the rest of their cap space.

They are signing and acquiring speed. They are gonna stretch those NFC East backfields 6 times a season. You put in Alamo as a power 1st/2nd down thumper? yeah.....the skins are primed to win. Only flaw I see in that offense? Alamo has concrete hands. Jordan Reed reminds me of a young Antonio Gates. This offense is gonna be scary good. I will even go as far to say they win the division. Remember, only 2 seasons ago, the Skins D was top 5. Still are...depends on who you talk to.

Edited by tazinib1

They are signing and acquiring speed. They are gonna stretch those NFC East backfields 6 times a season. You put in Alamo as a power 1st/2nd down thumper? yeah.....the skins are primed to win. Only flaw I see in that offense? Alamo has concrete hands. Jordan Reed reminds me of a young Antonio Gates. This offense is gonna be scary good. I will even go as far to say they win the division. Remember, only 2 seasons ago, the Skins D was top 5. Still are...depends on who you talk to.

I am definitely with you on Reed, love that guy.

I think the skins could rack up yardage with all that speed and they will certainly get some long ones.

My prediction is that they will struggle to convert red zone opportunities into touchdowns. Reed is the only credible RZ threat in their receiving corps. If they were going to spend money on a FA WR they would have been far better off going after Decker than DJax.

Meeehhhh, not sure that really addresses the crux of the issue. There is a big difference is knowing people in gangs or that are criminals and being involved with them. If your involved with people that go out and shoot others then hell yeah there's a problem. This is really an issue when players are involved and it will show.

Read something yesterday that DJax is hoping he can wear #10, even though he knows that RG3 wears that number, and the two have already talked about it some. (zooty beat me to it)

Also saw in Huddle Player News that WAS may work with Garcon to restructure his contract to lower the cap hit.

As for the Yahoo article posted by Taz, I don't think NFL teams will start cutting players and using this as their excuse. But I do know and accept that NFL teams are concerned about their image and the potential loss of a player due to their involvement in criminal activity. If a player is hanging around with gang members, and those gang members are committing crimes (robbery, drug dealing, or worse) he will know about them, and of course would not snitch on his friends. If agents are worried about this, they should tell their clients to distance themselves from people involved in criminal activity (they should be doing that already).

It is very expensive for a popular player to change his number, as in this case RG3 would have to pay Nike for all their unsold jerseys with his name with #10.

Edited by Big John

It is very expensive for a popular player to change his number, as in this case RG3 would have to pay Nike for all their unsold jerseys with his name with #10.

But that doesn't apply if the player changes teams? DJax doesn't have to pay Nike for Eagles #10 jerseys?

Nice, a WR asking his QB to change his number for him. I will adjust his ranking down my draft board. What's wrong with him?

• Like 1

Interesting. I'd didn't know that.

Big $$$$$

I think you can do it, as long as you give a couple years notice? Seem to remember Chad Johnson had to wait a year to change it to Ochocinco.

I think that stunt cost old dumbass chad a pretty penny.

He will now wear #11: http://www.nfl.com/n...find-new-number

"We talked about it a little bit, but there hasn't been a decision that's been made yet so far," Jackson said.

Yeah I bet the discussion went like this

DJax: Man I want to wear #10, be a bro and let me have it.

RG3: Buzz off man, #10 is mine you want to wear it go to a team without a #10, or with some rookie or scrub player who will give it to you.

The fact that he thought RG3 would/should give him the number just shows what a great guy DJax is. Of course he'll say he wanted #11, since its is like two #1s together.