[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Justin Forsett might be the grab of the year.

Alphashado

After Benard Pierce got benched for fumbling yesterday, Justin Forsett took over, had 14 rec yards and 70 rushing yards as well as a rushing TD. Against a good defense.

No big deal right? Ray Rice is back after one week right?

Maybe not after this video surfaced this morning. http://deadspin.com/...n-an-1631864196

The public is only just now seeing this video. The NFL has officialy only just seen this video this morning. Considering the NFL's new stance on domestic abuse, I would not be a bit surprised if they decided to suspend Ray for the entire season. The union would fight them, but they would have very little if any support from the fans and the public after seeing this video.

He really looks like nothing more than a thug. Hard to defend this. I would be shocked if the team and coaching staff supports him anymore either. So even if the NFL doesn't extend his suspension, the coaching staff still could. And should.

So now if Ray gets suspended, who is the man to have? Pierce or Forsett? My money is on Forsett.

EDIT: Not looking good for Ray http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4645

Edited by Alphashado
  • Like 1

Here is my problem with Forsett. He is 29 years old, in his 8th NFL season and on his fourth NFL team. And he's never been good enough to merit anything close to a full-time role. He just had a home opener with 11 carries. I would not want to read more into 11 carries in one game than what seven years of work suggests.

• Like 1

Here is my problem with Forsett. He is 29 years old, in his 8th NFL season and on his fourth NFL team. And he's never been good enough to merit anything close to a full-time role. He just had a home opener with 11 carries. I would not want to read more into 11 carries in one game than what seven years of work suggests.

That is fair. And very true. But Pierce had plenty of chances last year and looked terrible. He was the starter yesterday and looked terrible. Forsett looked fast and explosive. If the coaching staff has to choose between the two, Forsett looked much better. And it wasn't close.

Edited by Alphashado

After Benard Pierce got benched for fumbling yesterday, Justin Forsett took over, had 14 rec yards and 70 rushing yards as well as a rushing TD. Against a good defense.

No big deal right? Ray Rice is back after one week right?

Maybe not after this video surfaced this morning. http://deadspin.com/...n-an-1631864196

The public is only just now seeing this video. The NFL has officialy only just seen this video this morning. Considering the NFL's new stance on domestic abuse, I would not be a bit surprised if they decided to suspend Ray for the entire season. The union would fight them, but they would have very little if any support from the fans and the public after seeing this video.

He really looks like nothing more than a thug. Hard to defend this. I would be shocked if the team and coaching staff supports him anymore either. So even if the NFL doesn't extend his suspension, the coaching staff still could. And should.

So now if Ray gets suspended, who is the man to have? Pierce or Forsett? My money is on Forsett.

He was already suspended by the league, they are not going to suspend him again. Coaches will support who performs on the field. These are moot points.

He was already suspended by the league, they are not going to suspend him again. Coaches will support who performs on the field. These are moot points.

I believe you are mistaken. This is getting a huge amount of national press today. It's not every day that you see footage of a man punching his fiance in the face with two left hooks, knocking her out, then flopping her on the floor like a ragdoll. This is going to be a gigantic amount of negative publicity for the league. Much more than it has already. Steven A Smith on "First Take" this morning said that he spoke to two different attournies that told him that the league cannot suspend Ray for the same offense twice. However, they can suspend him under the "best interest of the league" clause. Or something similar.

Even if the NFL office does nothing, the Raven's coaching staff is going to be under very intense scrutiny and may suspend Ray.

Most of the time you are correct. These teams can and will sweep as much under the rug as possible in order to win.

But there are times when an issue is so hot that they won't touch it. This video has gone viral and is bigger and bigger news every second. Nobody, and I mean nobody in the Raven's orginization or the NFL front office is going to want to publicly support Ray after the nation sees this video.

They very well may put Ray back on the feild. But you (we) could do worse with our 5th or 6th bench spot than to grab a potential starting RB off the waiver wire just in case.

And my hunch is that Forsett will be the starting RB for the Ravens starting next thursday and throughout the rest of the season unless they trade for someone else.

Edited by Alphashado
  • Like 1

If everyone can forget what Michael Vick did a few years back do you really think anyone will care about Rice and some domestic dispute that took place months ago? We dont judge Fantasy by how graceful they are off the field. If he comes back and posts good numbers the league, fantasy owners and millions of viewers will forget all about any offield misshaps.

I had just picked Steve Smith but dropped him for Forsett just in case. This sucks. I feel like I'm wasting a bench spot now. Smith got 15 targets! yeah he may have dropped half of them, but that's a lot of targets to be had. I was looking forward to what he might produce. :bash::pullhair::furious:

Just about every talking head in the sports industry this morning is suggesting that the Ravens should even go so far as to cut Rice. It reminds me of the Hernandez fiasco. He wasn't proven guilty yet, but the Patriots released him nonetheless purely for PR. Obviously this isn't a murder case. But it's not going away now. The release of this video is going to cause a sht storm.

Case in point http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4645

All free agents are on waivers in my leagues untill wed morning, otherwise I would have picked up Forsett.

Edited by Alphashado

Exactly, no double jeopardy.

Texanhooters said:

If everyone can forget what Michael Vick did a few years back do you really think anyone will care about Rice and some domestic dispute that took place months ago? We dont judge Fantasy by how graceful they are off the field. If he comes back and posts good numbers the league, fantasy owners and millions of viewers will forget all about any offield mishaps.

Huge difference in that a video exists. The video will never go away. If Vick was on tape running dog fights he would have had an even tougher road back. Plus this is a human being who is abused in the Rice tape, not an animal.

I personally never would have drafted Rice because I can't root for someone like this.

There was no definitive proof of Ray Lewis's murder charges... Lewis received one year of probation and a $250,000 fine by the NFL. Ravens kept him... they just built a statue for him. I wouldn't count on the team to take action on a punishment.

http://www.usatoday....r-2000/1566198/

Edited by APackersOwner

Texanhooters said:

If everyone can forget what Michael Vick did a few years back do you really think anyone will care about Rice and some domestic dispute that took place months ago? We dont judge Fantasy by how graceful they are off the field. If he comes back and posts good numbers the league, fantasy owners and millions of viewers will forget all about any offield mishaps.

Huge difference in that a video exists. The video will never go away. If Vick was on tape running dog fights he would have had an even tougher road back. Plus this is a human being who is abused in the Rice tape, not an animal.

I personally never would have drafted Rice because I can't root for someone like this.

So basically if its not on TMZ it didn't happen. Good news for Greg Hardy I guess.

No... there was not any definitive prof of what he did until today

What exactly did you think happened in the elevator before this video surfaced? If I am not mistaken he was charged with domestic assault and those charges were only dropped because of the marriage as a wife can not be forced to testify against her husband.

Not to mention their new rules for domestic violence wouldn't allow for a season long suspension either, so even if they were to somehow add to it.

I wonder where is all the outrage in this story that should be levied against the justice system, shouldn't they have charged and locked him up for such a heinous offense? (I know his wife married him then chose not to testify against him. But if the authorities had this video, what does it matter.) Or is it now the job of your employer to punish for crimes?

And I laugh at Schefters comment that anybody that worked at ESPN who did this would be fired. Maybe if the are a celebrity type who is on TV or radio and everybody found out. The guy that runs the camera or sweeps up, nobody would know or care (other than people directly involved).

Football aside... any self respecting woman who sees this is demanding for a steeper repercussion. It's bad enough she still married him after such abuse and dropped the felony assault charges on this piece off turd. Which I'm suspecting she had a role in softening his NFL's initial suspension.

Just makes me confused beyond belief by her actions.

Edited by APackersOwner

Football aside... any self respecting woman who sees this is demanding for a steeper repercussion. It's bad enough she still married him after such abuse and dropped the felony assault charges on this piece off turd. Which I'm suspecting she had a role in softening his NFL's initial suspension.

Just makes me confused beyond belief by her actions.

The answer is money. No reason to be confused.