[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon might play this weekend? Edit: After week 10

Bree22

Unless they changed the suspension policy, he can have no contact with the team during the suspension.

Not sure why I'm so hazy on this. I know they can remain with the team during preseason if it's not indefinite or full year, but for some reason I can't shake the feeling that he can if it's weekly.

Week 12....yeah, that's a good roster stash. Goodbye.

I have plenty of room, definitely worth a stash IMHO. Best WR in the game coming back to help my team for a playoff push? Not even a question I'm keeping him on my bench.

all this talk about Josh Gordon. What about Justin Blackmon? he was given an indefinite suspension for the 2nd half of last year. he is eligible to apply for reinstatement after week 9 this year under the existing league drug policy. will that change with the new policy? no one is talking about him. he's a big talent for Jax.

all this talk about Josh Gordon. What about Justin Blackmon? he was given an indefinite suspension for the 2nd half of last year. he is eligible to apply for reinstatement after week 9 this year under the existing league drug policy. will that change with the new policy? no one is talking about him. he's a big talent for Jax.

I don't think the revised policy affects his violations. I want to say it was another DUI that got Blackmon booted.

I don't think the revised policy affects his violations. I want to say it was another DUI that got Blackmon booted.

Yeah, it was about alcohol in some way. Sounds like the Substance Abuse policy is being modified for dope but not alcohol. Timing may matter too, as in Blackmon's violation was on the books before they started these negotiations, but Gordon's happened while they were negotiating the change.

here's the reason Blackmon won't be reinstated but Gordon will. seems yet again the NFL just does what they want to who they want (not to say Blackmon deserves sympathy)....

The NFL and NFLPA have agreed to introduce a new drug testing policywhich could overturn some of the current suspensions in the NFL. One suspension that will not be overturned however is that of Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Justin Blackmon.

Why not? Because Blackmon's suspension occurred during the 2013 NFL league year, and the new policy is retroactive to March 11, 2014.

In some cases like that of Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon, who tested positive during the 2013 league year but was not suspended until the 2014 league year, his suspension is likely to be reduced rather than completely overturned.

Blackmon served a four game suspension to start the 2013 NFL season and then after just four games being back, was again suspended indefinitely for a violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy. Since that suspension Blackmon has been in minimal contact with the organization and teammates; he was also arrested for Josh Gordon possession in July of this year.

Blackmon can still request reinstatement to the NFL during the 2014 season.

Edited by rebdog

Megatron.

Sorry, should have said "one of the best" WR in the game. He puts up huge points when he plays and its worth stashing for late season. Megatron is the best WR I've ever seen play the game...Rice is right there to tho.

Sorry, should have said "one of the best" WR in the game. He puts up huge points when he plays and its worth stashing for late season. Megatron is the best WR I've ever seen play the game...Rice is right there to tho.

I know just breaking some stones...and I agree worth the stash for sure.

Unless they changed the suspension policy, he can have no contact with the team during the suspension.

Looks like this has changed with the new policy. He can now be with the team during the suspension but now allowed to play during the suspension.

Looks like this has changed with the new policy. He can now be with the team during the suspension but now allowed to play during the suspension.

That's a good call. He's still not getting paid, and he's still not playing. Allowing him to practice helps him stay in shape, get treatment if necessary, and just remain part of the team community.

• Like 2

Isn't there an issue thought that even after the 10 game suspension, he still may have to serve another 2 games for the DUI? I read that last week, but now nobody seems to be mentioning it. Or is that accounted for in the 10 game suspension?

With the bye, 10 weeks means he's won't play until week 12, which is the last week of the regular season in my league. With another 2 games, he doesn't have much value.

Isn't there an issue thought that even after the 10 game suspension, he still may have to serve another 2 games for the DUI? I read that last week, but now nobody seems to be mentioning it. Or is that accounted for in the 10 game suspension?

With the bye, 10 weeks means he's won't play until week 12, which is the last week of the regular season in my league. With another 2 games, he doesn't have much value.

That's the problem I have. Right now with Shorts on IR, Cameron on IR, I am able to massage the roster a bit. I have only 5 current active receivers right now (J.Jones, Wallace, A.Brown, Tate) with Shorts on IR and Gordon collecting dust. This all works until Shorts has to be activated or when week 9 rolls around and i have Jones and Tate on a bye. So the writing is on the wall....

that all said, I won't cut this talent until I have to.

Lots of reports that Gordon pled guilty to DUI today to get in under the wire and not be subject to the new policy, which would be another mandatory 2 games. Apparently, some parts of the new policy are retroactive and some aren't, so this gambit should give him a chance to limit the suspensions to 10 games.