[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon might play this weekend? Edit: After week 10

Bree22

Absolutely worth the gamble in my opinion. Who's spot on your roster is he going to take? Some guy that will sit on your bench the entire season?

Gordon is the kind of elite player that can vault you right into the playoffs. If this is still a foggy mess by the first bye week, then I might let him go. But I will hold on to him for a month because the potential reward is very much worth the risk.

Edited by Alphashado

I have no idea how this new drug policy could even go through. So they sign it and reinstate Gordon and Welker, but then 3/4 of all the lineman(offense and defense) and linebackers in the league get suspended for HGH...

I would say 3/4 of all players in the NFL

Me too. But to pick up a lottery ticket (for free) I dropped James Jones. Why not?

Agreed .. I had grabbed him in last round of redrafts, dropped him for waiver wannabes when appeal denied, and picked him back up in 3 leagues where I already have a quality bench/bye WR .. if he comes into value before I need that roster spot, it will be brilliant.

I have no idea how this new drug policy could even go through. So they sign it and reinstate Gordon and Welker, but then 3/4 of all the lineman(offense and defense) and linebackers in the league get suspended for HGH...

This may be true .. maybe they authorize testing, but delay it for 1 month plus the time it takes for hgh to leave you system. If not, the xfl maybe back on October, stocked with suspended nflers.

Looks like schefter has the scoop

How so, have all these suspended players been cleared to play? Care to share what info you have? Bbecause I'm not seeing it anywhere, not even that a vote has occured and the new policy approved).

According to his (update 9AM, so 2 hours ago) there could be a vote today. Has that happened (a search didn't turn up anything).

http://www.nfl.com/n...proposal-friday

Its only a scoop when the reported story actually happens. My point is if you read something that there was a vote and player suspensions are being overturned provide the info. Not everybody gets his tweets, or whatever other source you are seeing that proves he has the scoop.

Edited by stevegrab

http://www.rotoworld...282/josh-gordon

Initially overlooked the once it is approved line...my apologies. But if that did happen today 8 games is not too bad

Still a big if, they have to approve it, and then we'll see what suspensions are reviewed and modified. Not saying Schefter is wrong or a bad source of info, but too many times people ignore those key words like if/maybe/could be.

I'm a skeptic, and like to deal in facts. I know for fantasy purposes you need to act on rumor and speculation a lot of times, but since I'm not able to pickup or use Gordon it doesn't matter.

As a Browns fan I'd be happy to see him back sooner, just hope he gets his honda together and stops hanging out with his pot smoking friends.

Still a big if, they have to approve it, and then we'll see what suspensions are reviewed and modified. Not saying Schefter is wrong or a bad source of info, but too many times people ignore those key words like if/maybe/could be.

I'm a skeptic, and like to deal in facts. I know for fantasy purposes you need to act on rumor and speculation a lot of times, but since I'm not able to pickup or use Gordon it doesn't matter.

As a Browns fan I'd be happy to see him back sooner, just hope he gets his honda together and stops hanging out with his pot smoking friends.

I hear ya and yeah all depends on that vote happening.

Just said the same thing to a coworker. I play the gordon owner this week and again in week 11. Just in time for him to throttle me....or enough time for him to screw up again...

Nine more weeks until he is eligible to play. We should start a forum pool for which offense is going to extend that ban - DUI, pot, some other banned drug, conduct, or other.

Between the dui and the drug use, he only needs some sort of domestic physical incident to complete the triple crown.

• Like 1

So, Gordon gets about the same penalty as that guy from the 49ers, who had a DUI, weapons charges, and a bomb threat at an airport...... all, while BARELY exceeding a very old limit for Josh Gordon? And a limit that some sports - many sports - are A-OK with?

Yeah, the NFL is way F'd up.

• Like 1

So, Gordon gets about the same penalty as that guy from the 49ers, who had a DUI, weapons charges, and a bomb threat at an airport...... all, while BARELY exceeding a very old limit for Josh Gordon? And a limit that some sports - many sports - are A-OK with?

Yeah, the NFL is way F'd up.

I get what you're saying here and I do agree that the nfl does seem to have its priorities out of wack. However let's not act like gordon is angel. He's been a jackass since his college days. I'm by no means against Josh Gordon use whatsoever, but when you have life by the figurative balls and you can't follow the rules, it's hard to sympathize.

4 times.

Nine more weeks until he is eligible to play. We should start a forum pool for which offense is going to extend that ban - DUI, pot, some other banned drug, conduct, or other.

10 more weeks, Brown are on bye in that timeframe. He's eligible to return in week 12.

I can't recall, can the guy be around the team now since it's not a full-season suspension? I think he can practice and attend meetings, but not travel or play? If he's not I have no interest in him in redraft.