[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ingram out for a month

ThatDude

Robinson is a bit faster. Parcells compared him to Curtis Martin... That should tell you a lot. Ingram is more of a pounder and doesn't necessarily have that breakaway speed. He's built to wear down a defense. With Ingram you'd see big chunks when he busts through a hole, but the defense will usually catch up to him. Khiry is a bit more of a slasher and can break some long runs, which is why some Saints fans favor him. Both of them are hard runners and don't shy from contact.

Personally, I'm not sure I'd drop Ingram just yet. The Saints still have yet to announce what his injury actually is or how long he'll be out. That info should come out tomorrow. When he get's back, I believe their roles will return to what they were before he went out.

Yeah I wanted no part of Robinson if it meant having to drop Ingram. I think once Ingram returns he'll get his job back regardless of how impressive Robinson may be in his stead. So, I picked Robinson up... but retained Ingram. Hope it doesn't kill my depth in that league in the shorter term though.

I have Asiata already. Is it worth Dropping my Brian Quick add to pick up Robinson? I have him claimed but it won't go through 'til tomorrow. Not even sure I'll get him, just curious if I should stick it out or cancel the claim.

Edited by ShuckCreations

I have Asiata already. Is it worth Dropping my Brian Quick add to pick up Robinson? I have him claimed but it won't go through 'til tomorrow. Not even sure I'll get him, just curious if I should stick it out or cancel the claim.

Dude, quit soliciting advice on these threads. There is a whole different forum for advice.

lmgtfy

Edited by flemingd

Dude, quit soliciting advice on these threads. There is a whole different forum for advice.

Didn't know we weren't allowed to ask in a thread in relation to the question. Excuse me. No one answers in other forum, anyway. Guess I'll just figure it out on my own.

Edited by ShuckCreations

Yeah I wanted no part of Robinson if it meant having to drop Ingram. I think once Ingram returns he'll get his job back regardless of how impressive Robinson may be in his stead. So, I picked Robinson up... but retained Ingram. Hope it doesn't kill my depth in that league in the shorter term though.

I had to make the same decision. Now that Ingram is out a month. I also lost AP (most likely for most, if not all the season). I unfortunately dropped Ingram to get Robinson.

Right now I am in last place both standings and point-wise. If anything I might have a shot of getting Ingram back when he is healthy.

Here is hoping the Robinson lights it up :tup:

Didn't know we weren't allowed to ask in a thread in relation to the question. Excuse me. No one answers in other forum, anyway. Guess I'll just figure it out on my own.

In this forum you're better off asking for input on the players outlook and then just making the decision for yourself. Try starting a Brian Quick thread, give a little bit of your own thoughts, even some background as to why you're starting the discussion and solicit others to give their input. There's already another thread discussing Ingram/Robinson. Try joining into that thread and telling folks why you decided to pick up Robinson. You'll be better off that way & much more informed rather than just asking "should I drop X for Z." When you can start using info to make your own decisions is when you really start getting better at the game.

Quick is actually an interesting discussion topic. I was just looking at him myself in my local, but decided on Hawkins instead. I have Gordon, so it'll be an easy transition and an expected open roster spot down the road. I may even be able to trade Hawkins based on his performance up to Gordon's return.

• Like 2

From the Payton's presser today:

Larry Holder @LarryHolder Follow

Because Ingram's hand fracture was displaced, Ingram can't play through it. Payton said. Has to heal.

Mike Triplett @MikeTriplett Follow

Ingram barely reacted, stayed in on next play. Payton said impressive he played through it, though it altered way he took exchanges.

Mike Triplett @MikeTriplett Follow

#Saints Sean Payton confirmed RB Mark Ingram had surgery. 2 screws placed in hand. Won't play this week but doesn't expect long term ...

Payton also said that he considers Ingram to be "week-to-week." That could just be Payton not wanting to give too much info, but given the circumstances I doubt he's out the 4 weeks that was expected. I'm thinking we may see him back in limited action the week before the bye(week 5).

Edited by rajncajn

And some of the comments from the Saints board:

If Payton was on President Lincoln's medical staff, after the theater with John Wilkes Booth, he'd have said, "Lincoln has a head. He's week to week."
Payton as the M.E. on Lizzie Borden's parents:

They have a bit of a neck issue. We should definitely be able to get that cleaned up. They're day to day. Just gotta clean that up a bit.

Payton as the Captian of the Titanic:

We have a bit of an ice situation. The hull has an ice. Sooo, we should be able to clean that up. It's wave to wave.

You just keep trying little buddy

:lol: