[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Orton in ... Manuel out

ts

Per Rotoworld, Kyle Orton is supplanting EJ Manuel as the Bills starting QB ... Just an fyi for those in 'start 3 QB every week' leagues or whatever.

What I find kinda/sorta amusing is why bother with all this thrashing around? If the Bills were going to end up with Orton anyways, why not just stay with Fitzpatrick or Trent Edwards or whomever & call it a day? I know, you don't get better if you don't try to make changes, but geez ... frying pan, meet fire, etc.

Edited by ts

It won't last , you are talkign about someone who was benched in favor of Tim Tebow ,

EJ Manual will be the starter again by week 7

There is context for the Tebow situation. Do you really think the Bills would make this move if they intended to flip back to Manuel in a couple of weeks? This sort of change usually means the old QB is done barring injury to the guy in front of him. I seriously can't imagine Orton being worse.

There is context for the Tebow situation. Do you really think the Bills would make this move if they intended to flip back to Manuel in a couple of weeks? This sort of change usually means the old QB is done barring injury to the guy in front of him. I seriously can't imagine Orton being worse.

Normally I would agree with you but we are talking about Orton here , lets see how this plays out.

I know what they are thinking , at least I think I do , they believe they have one of the best Def in the league and the Off. just needs to give the Def a rest once in a while so they will bring in Orton to manage the game with less turnovers and a little better TOP , I just don't think Orton is the guy to do this. Instead they should of game planned better for EJ

Normally I would agree with you but we are talking about Orton here , lets see how this plays out.

I know what they are thinking , at least I think I do , they believe they have one of the best Def in the league and the Off. just needs to give the Def a rest once in a while so they will bring in Orton to manage the game with less turnovers and a little better TOP , I just don't think Orton is the guy to do this. Instead they should of game planned better for EJ

Orton's better than EJ, it's as simple as that.

Manuel couldn't complete any deep passes. They have these young weapons and dude couldn't do anything but dump-off passes. Orton should solve that problem. He has his money, and he has one last shot, and they aren't going back to Manuel. This situation could be very beneficial for the Buffalo offense in my opinion because Orton has absolutely nothing to lose by letting it rip. Watkins takes a big step up in my opinion as well as the rest of the receivers. Probably negligible effect on the RBS.

Generally agree, but don't know about the negligible effect on the RB's. IF Orton and the WR's can get a vertical game going, that should loosen things up for the running game, don't you think?

Exactly. Upgrades all around.

Exactly. Upgrades all around.

Well I am a bit more guarded on the backs - I mean how much more do we expect them to produce? They have been the beneciaries a lot of these "check-downs" so I don't know how much you would really bump them. Just my opinion.

Well I am a bit more guarded on the backs - I mean how much more do we expect them to produce? They have been the beneciaries a lot of these "check-downs" so I don't know how much you would really bump them. Just my opinion.

Perhaps bump spiller up a bit as they insist on running him directly up the middle. Maybe a hole or two will open up if they can pass downfield more.

I am not a big fan of Orton, but when a new QB comes in, oftentimes that opens up play for another receiver.

My advice...I'd monitor Robert Woods. Not saying Woods is the 2nd coming, but he's had TWENTY targets the last two weeks....is Orton more accurate to where a larger percentage of that target amount will end up in catches?

I really think Woods is a deep-dish waiver wire toss on the vine next week. He's been utterly useless this year, BUT remains a prominent part of the Bills attack. And he IS a good football player....a change at the QB spot may end up helping THIS player more than any other.

Edited by kwolf68