[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FOX OUT IN DENVER

peoplehater

:lol: @ a particular suggestion in this thread. I will not mention its name.

For those of you that blasted my FB post that this would happen if they lost, ya can kiss my grits!!!

And isn't Del Rio almost a done deal in Oakland? I don't think Elway will be jumping the gun on Fox's replacement. This will be a well thought out and lengthy process which will see the playoffs/SB run it's course so all possible candidates can be interviewed. And no I'm not talking about dip honda in NE. That being said, Del Rio's negotiation power just got a boost. I would love to see Oakland get burned.

• Like 1

BA mentioned going after Kubiak, I thought I read him saying he will stay in BAL as OC.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-gary-kubiak-will-stay-with-ravens-20150111-story.html

If Fox was forced to leave I'd agree he got a raw deal. If he truly wanted out, then he made the choice. I have to think the Broncos are in a bit of a rebuild if they're telling all the coaches BYE and Peyton may be back. Sure they have some talent, but I don't think a game manager QB is going to put them over the top, or even have them as competitive as Peyton the last few years.

Gase was a guy getting lots of interviews both last year and during their bye this week, so maybe he was a leading candidate but wasn't interested, or the Broncos weren't.

I heard kyle shanahans available

If Elway told the other coaches the are free to look elsewhere, then I see a full cleaning of house coming in Denver. Would Cowher be coerced into this job? I doubt it but I can't see Denver going small in the coaching ranks. And unless he is targeting Saban, no one from the college ranks makes sense.

Seems to me this is a reboot - it's Fox's fault that Manning runs out of steam in December/January? All the coaches getting let go, if true, seems like perhaps they have a line on who's coming in and they know he doesn't want to keep any of the old regime. There wasn't anything impressive about Fox's performance and it seemed like his job was to let Peyton do his thing.

I don't get why Fox is being let go but perhaps that story will come out in time. His Royal Highness Shanahan is most definitely not the answer.

The Peyton experiment has basically failed - no Super Bowls and he's crested already. I would move on, much like the Colts did.

Fox was a good choice 4 years ago after the McDaniels disaster. He righted the ship and brought the Broncos back from the dead (4-12 pre-Fox). But, IMO he had peaked and it's time for the Broncos to get an aggressive-minded coach and go to the next level.....something Fox was/is unable to do.

There's tons of talent on the Broncos on both sides of the ball, and too many times in BIG games the Broncos looked and acted unprepared. That's gotta be on the HC.

I liked John Fox, seemed like a reasonable guy, and wish him the best wherever he ends up, but it's time to shake it up and move on.

• Like 1

Gase was a big part of the problem...at least yesterday.

Broncos said they will consider Gase for the now vacant HC job but the 49ers have him back for a second interview.

Don't understand the love. When the chips were down against the Colts, Rams and Pats they didn't have a plan B to break these teams down. Take Peyton away and he think hes a mediocre OC.

Marrone to interview. Not sure how I feel about this one. On the one hand, I've never been impressed with him as a coach. On the other, he is pretty vocal and it would be good to have someone who can stand up to Elway a little bit.

Manning in Kubiak's run first offense. Wasn't the reason Fox was let go because of a difference in offensive philosophy with Elway? :shrug:

Kubiak is much more likely to do whatever Elway wants. That is why Fox was let go, he wouldn't ask how how when Elway said jump.

Since we don't know the future of Peyton at this time, or if Gase stays as the OC, its hard to say what the fit is.

So Cincy is not going to allow their DB coach to take the Denver DC job. I thought teams could only prevent lateral moves? Doesn't seem right to hold the man back from a promotion and major pay increase.

So Cincy is not going to allow their DB coach to take the Denver DC job. I thought teams could only prevent lateral moves? Doesn't seem right to hold the man back from a promotion and major pay increase.

chudzinski (sp) isn't allowed to leave the Colts either iirc. Edit: I just read his contract is up next wk so yeah..that's weird Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

Which coach is that, their web site lists 2 guys as DB coach (Mark Carrier and Vance Joseph).

You do raise an interesting question, and maybe it is only for HC jobs that they cannot block interviews. Like you I thought it was only for lateral movement. Though that can encompass some strange stuff because a guy that is listed as offensive line/assistant head coach could be considered above at least a position coach and possibly ahead or equal to an O/D coordinator.

I also wonder this Quinn thing plays out, they (ATL) cannot sign him but must have some sort if very solid verbal agreement. What if he backs out, does ATL pull a card from the Redskins book and promote Kyle to HC (like Zorn).