[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sam Bradford to Eagles for Nick Foles and draft picks

CaptainHook

Okay, so *now* the Mariotta stuff has to be put to bed, right?

Nope, if the Eagles use Bradford (pure pocket passer), who's not a fit for chips system as trade bait for a team looking for a QB that have a high pick, ie titans/jets, than it makes a possible trade even more likely.

Bradford won't play a down for the Eagles. It was reported the teams also swapped 1st round picks, so now the Eagles are already up to #10 overall.

Something tells me they ship Bradford and the #10 pick and some other picks to move up to #2 or #3.

Okay, so *now* the Mariotta stuff has to be put to bed, right?

Well, if the reports I'm seeing are correct, the Rams and Eagles will be switching 1st round picks. That would put Philly at 1.10, only 4 spots away from the Jets at 1.06. It'd be much easier for them to move up 4 picks, instead of 14 picks from their original spot of 1.20. This could be just a springboard trade for them.

Exactly what I'm saying, Bradford will likely be a jet.

Exactly what I'm saying, Bradford will likely be a jet.

Or maybe a Titan? Most mocks I've seen have Williams going to TEN, but I could see them taking Mariota - not unlike last year, where everyone was projecting the Jags to take Mack at 1.03, but they got Bortles instead.

Or maybe a Titan? Most mocks I've seen have Williams going to TEN, but I could see them taking Mariota - not unlike last year, where everyone was projecting the Jags to take Mack at 1.03, but they got Bortles instead.

Exactly, I mentioned them above as well.

Long time St Louis beat writer Jim Thomas says deal does not include trade of 1st round picks. Its a swap of 2015 picks but not 1st rounders apparently.

Well if that's the case, this trade goes back to making little sense for the Eagles IMO.

Well if that's the case, this trade goes back to making little sense for the Eagles IMO.

Pretty much, sounds like they made the trade to get Bradford to be their starter rather than as a move to get to Mariota on draft day.

Official information is still patchy.

Eagles get: Sam Bradford, St. Louis' 2015 5th round pick

Rams get: Nick Foles, Philadelphia's 2015 4th round pick and 2016 2nd round pick

Not sure what the Eagles are thinking on this one.

Edit: According to Schefter, Eagles will get their 2016 2nd round pick back if Bradford is not their starting QB this season. Still don't know what to make of this.

Edited by TitansFan