[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

7 Game Season starts Sunday. Go Cowboys

Cowboyz1

That's 1.

6 more to go. Next up Carolina and the Cam Newtons. Oh boy.........Here we go.

You know when I look at Carolina's schedule it's actually encouraging. I like our chances and the spread speaks volumes.

Edited by Cowboyz1

That's 1.

6 more to go. Next up Carolina and the Cam Newtons. Oh boy.........Here we go.

You know when I look at Carolina's schedule it's actually encouraging. I like our chances and the spread speaks volumes.

Confused what CAR schedule has to do with DAL chance of beating them Thursday or winning the other 5 games they need to win out and maybe make the playoffs?

The spread, as in the point spread? You still think somehow that the spread means you guys are going to win or are really the favorite in this game?

Confused what CAR schedule has to do with DAL chance of beating them Thursday or winning the other 5 games they need to win out and maybe make the playoffs?

The spread, as in the point spread? You still think somehow that the spread means you guys are going to win or are really the favorite in this game?

I think he was referring to a soft schedule coming in making the undefeated record look better than it really is. This is commonly referred to as looking at the world through Jerry Jones colored glasses.

• Like 1

I think he was referring to a soft schedule coming in making the undefeated record look better than it really is. This is commonly referred to as looking at the world through Jerry Jones colored glasses.

I guess he could mean that, think it is silly to believe the Panthers are not very good based on their schedule. Who has Dallas beat to make him think they could beat CAR?

Every post by C1 is through silver colored star shaped glasses, it is part of the entertainment here.

I am so pumped to see if this team can make NFL history. It all starts Sunday. I'm all in for a great comeback. It would be great for Romo's vindication and would be a great sports story. Cowboys come back from a 7 game losing streak to win the East and role into the playoffs on fire.

Let's go Cowboys. Forget the forgettable first half of the season and focus on the here and now.

It all starts in Miami. 1 game at a time guys, 1 game at a time.

Just Imagine, Just imagine!

The East is still right there with Philly losing their starting QB, we have Wash twice, Wash plays Car this week, Giants and Wash play each other, GB has QB issues. Hummmmm

Do you believe in Miracles? :brow:

Because Romo in win or go home games is the best!

Eh, Romo didn't look too good Sunday when he was playing. Looked like he was grimacing in pain every play, and I can't imagine getting creamed the way he was made matters any better... coming off a short week to play on Thanksgiving... Didn't the Cowboys tank last Thanksgiving? Lol

Eh, Romo didn't look too good Sunday when he was playing. Looked like he was grimacing in pain every play, and I can't imagine getting creamed the way he was made matters any better... coming off a short week to play on Thanksgiving... Didn't the Cowboys tank last Thanksgiving? Lol

I saw three throws where he just tossed it over the linemen as he was getting hit. Lucky that only one of those was picked off.

A win was nice, but going 6-0 from this point forward may be a little unrealistic.

First test is Carolina, why anybody would dismiss a team that is undefeated 11 weeks into the season is beyond me. Had Dallas + Romo ripped Miami a new one I might be a bit more inclined to believe that they will handle Carolina. Can Dallas beat Carolina, sure ... but is certainly not a given.

Despite Washington's record, they won't just roll over.

And to assume that Dallas will go into Green Bay in December and win is ludicrous. Since when has Dallas given us evidence they have the ability to play in November and December, let alone on Lambeau Field?

Who the hell knows what will happen against the Jets ... but the Jets do have the ability to play defense.

There there is still the small matter of Dallas being dead last in the division right now. Dallas will have to count on the Giants going 3-3 at best over the next 6 weeks while the Redskins and Eagles go 4-2 at best.

Obviously the way to play this is ... one game at a time.

I am actually disappointed that the spread has Carolina underdogs. They don't need any more incentive to come in to Dallas and play hard. They may feel a bit slighted by the number. I am very surprised at all the Cowboys money keeping the spread where it is.

The Cowboys making a run at the playoffs just draws more light to the fact that the once mighty NFC East is now a shell of its former self.

Years ago, 2-7 would have meant playing for a high draft pick. Now, still in line for the title. Very, very sad.

And if that does happen, the Giants have no one to blame but themselves.

Week 1 - choked away the Dallas game

Week 2 - choked away the Atlanta game

Week 8 - choked away the New Orleans game

Week 10 - choked away the New England game

4 games they should have won. If they take two of those, they are 7-3 and the division is pretty much theirs.

if the Cowboys make history, they should send the entire Giants organization a fruit basket thanking them for making it possible.

I am actually disappointed that the spread has Carolina underdogs. They don't need any more incentive to come in to Dallas and play hard. They may feel a bit slighted by the number. I am very surprised at all the Cowboys money keeping the spread where it is.

Rivera said he felt it was "disrespectful". I think he's worried and is trying to fire up his overrated squad
  • Like 1

Rivera said he felt it was "disrespectful". I think he's worried and is trying to fire up his overrated squad

Well the more I study this game the more confidence I feel.

The Panthers are undefeated but looking deeper into who they beat.

1 Sun, Sep 13 @ Jacksonville W20-9 4-6
2 Sun, Sep 20 vs Houston W24-17 5-5
3 Sun, Sep 27 vs New Orleans W27-22 4-6
4 Sun, Oct 4 @ Tampa Bay W37-23 5-5
5 BYE WEEK
6 Sun, Oct 18 @ Seattle W27-23 5-5
7 Sun, Oct 25 vs Philadelphia W27-16 4-6
8 Mon, Nov 2 vs Indianapolis W29-26 OT 5-5
9 Sun, Nov 8 vs Green Bay W37-29 7-3
10 Sun, Nov 15@ Tennessee W27-10 2-8
11 Sun, Nov 22 vs Washington W44-16 4-6
One team with a winning record.
Against good offenses, Carolina gives up points. You can score on Carolina if you have a good offense.
Carolina is plus 13 in the turnover department and takes advantage of the ones they get.
Carolina's defense is predicated on pressure and turnovers. Norman is their best corner and most likely will be assigned to Dez.
Dallas has a shot because:
1. They can score points. With Romo back he has proven he can score on anyone.
2. They have an O line that can go toe to toe with any defensive front in the league. They can pass block and maul you in the run game.
3. We have our Kueckly in Sean Lee and raise you a Kueckly on steroids with McClain.
4. Hardy will be playing against his old team and old friend in Orr their LT. They have known each other since their one on one basketball days in college. The same ones the coach had to calm down when they went at it so hard.
5. None of the WR on Carolina scares me. Olsen is their best threat. Gin, Funchess,Cotchery,Brown, none of them worries me. I suspect only Olsen owned on any fantasy teams. They are a product of Cam playing well but individual talent isn't anything special IMO.
6. We have been able to stop the run. Steward is decent but we have faced better backs.
The wild card is Cam's ability to run. However, we have good experience against mobile QBs facing Russel and Tannehill to like to run a bit.
This should be a great game. So looking forward to it.
Edited by Cowboyz1

... and who has Dallas defeated that makes them better than Carolina?

Glad you asked. We all know we went 0-7 without our starting QB. However, we are currently 3-0 this year with him. My point is not how good the Cowboys are, I am simply stating that the Cowboys can beat Carolina. I'm pointing out that Carolina isn't some Juggernaut that has beaten up on quality teams. What I'm saying is that the Cowboys could very well be undefeated too if Romo was at the helm all year.

Carolina is ripe to be beat and that the Cowboys are good enough with Romo under center to be the ones that beat them. Fortunately, we won't have to speculate on my assumptions because two days from now we will find out.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Glad you asked. We all know we went 0-7 without our starting QB. However, we are currently 3-0 this year with him. My point is not how good the Cowboys are, I am simply stating that the Cowboys can beat Carolina. I'm pointing out that Carolina isn't some Juggernaut that has beaten up on quality teams. What I'm saying is that the Cowboys could very well be undefeated too if Romo was at the helm all year.

Carolina is ripe to be beat and that the Cowboys are good enough with Romo under center to be the ones that beat them. Fortunately, we won't have to speculate on my assumptions because two days from now we will find out.

You point to Carolina's "weak" opponents as a reason that Dallas can beat Carolina ... and I ask you which of the 3 opponents Dallas defeated inspires such confidence. It seems to me that neither team can claim to have defeated the best that the NFL has to offer.

And Dallas should have lost their first game right out of the gate against the Giants (5-5) except for a stupid mental mistake by Eli. So it looks to me like you are hanging your hat on wins against Philadelphia (4-6) and Miami (4-6). How are those wins any more meaningful than Carolina's?

Isn't that the pot saying the it is better than the kettle because the kettle is black?

Like you said, in 2 days we will know.

Edited by Grits and Shins

You point to Carolina's "weak" opponents as a reason that Dallas can beat Carolina ... and I ask you which of the 3 opponents Dallas defeated inspires such confidence. It seems to me that neither team can claim to have defeated the best that the NFL has to offer.

And Dallas should have lost their first game right out of the gate against the Giants (5-5) except for a stupid mental mistake by Eli. So it looks to me like you are hanging your hat on wins against Philadelphia (4-6) and Miami (4-6). How are those wins any more meaningful than Carolina's?

Isn't that the pot saying the it is better than the kettle because the kettle is black?

Like you said, in 2 days we will know.

You are comparing our wins to there's. I am only stating that the wins Carolina has doesn't inspire fear that the Cowboys can't win. Not that the Cowboys wins are any better then Carolina's.

Edited by Cowboyz1