[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Went with "zero RB" strategy..... Melvin Gordon 2K16?

Papa Deuce

10 team fresh draft. Full PPR.

Started my draft like this:

Round 1 Dez

Round 2 Jordy
Round 3 Jarvis Landry

Round 4 Jordan Reed

Round 5 Marvin Jones Jr

Round 6 Brees

Round 7 Melvin Gordon

Round 13 Arian Foster

Round 14 Dion Lewis

I just have this feeling that Gordon was under a black cloud last year, but will be significantly better this season.... maybe even hitting high RB2 numbers.

Opinions on Gordon?

And why do they call it zero RB, when you obviously do draft RB"s?

Edited by Papa Deuce

I actually love this kind of start...especially in a 10 teamer

I don't really love the trio of dez/jordy/ landry...I have a different preference of guys id rather have in those ranges....but that's your preference

I do LOOOOVEEEEEE adding Jordan reed on top of that in the 4th...just love that...and that's what ill be looking to do myself

I like marvin jones a lot...I really do....but I think I would have looked for a rb in that spot instead.....but I get it...I understand jones is gonna be your flex starter and I think hell be a good one...I just think for me I could find a good flex wr option down the line and would have prob had a back picked out in that range in the 5th......but I like the brees pick next.....

this is almost exactly how id envision a 10 team ppr draft going for me in the first 6 or so rounds

I actually love this kind of start...especially in a 10 teamer

I don't really love the trio of dez/jordy/ landry...I have a different preference of guys id rather have in those ranges....but that's your preference

I do LOOOOVEEEEEE adding Jordan reed on top of that in the 4th...just love that...and that's what ill be looking to do myself

I like marvin jones a lot...I really do....but I think I would have looked for a rb in that spot instead.....but I get it...I understand jones is gonna be your flex starter and I think hell be a good one...I just think for me I could find a good flex wr option down the line and would have prob had a back picked out in that range in the 5th......but I like the brees pick next.....

this is almost exactly how id envision a 10 team ppr draft going for me in the first 6 or so rounds

Well, I drafted 8th.... was not really what I had planned.

Edited by Papa Deuce

Round 1 Dez

Round 2 Jordy

Round 3 Jarvis Landry

Round 4 Jordan Reed

Round 5 Marvin Jones Jr

Round 6 Brees

Round 7 Melvin Gordon

Round 13 Arian Foster

Round 14 Dion Lewis

I just have this feeling that Gordon was under a black cloud last year, but will be significantly better this season.... maybe even hitting high RB2 numbers.

Opinions on Gordon?

Yeah, you technically went late with RBs, but the fact that you got Lewis in the 14th and Foster in the 13th kind of means you were drafting with morans.

If you want opinions on Gordon, mine is he'll either bust or break out. So, if you can get him late (why you took him over someone like Lewis in PPR is a bit baffling) then he's a nice boom or bust option that you can safely drop after week 3 if he still looks lost.

Yeah, you technically went late with RBs, but the fact that you got Lewis in the 14th and Foster in the 13th kind of means you were drafting with morans.

If you want opinions on Gordon, mine is he'll either bust or break out. So, if you can get him late (why you took him over someone like Lewis in PPR is a bit baffling) then he's a nice boom or bust option that you can safely drop after week 3 if he still looks lost.

Mostly because I think Lewis will get hurt again.

yeah 8 is kind of a tough spot....but I think the 3wr and reed strategy is a solid way to go in almost any spot....its really been the plan ive had my eye set on in 10 team format for a little while now....my draft isn't for a couple weeks so things could change but I doubt it

not sure what wr's were available when u picked in each round....I prob have different preferences...but like I said...the only thing I think id really do differently is take a shot on a back in round 5 instead of jones...even though I do like jones this year....theres a bunch of backs I think that should be available around that time that id prob have taken a shot on at least one of em to make myself feel a little better about my depth at that position

like if I had say ryan Mathews, matt jones(even with reed on my team), Jeremy hill or latavius murray on that roster id feel just a bit better about my rbs....not sure who was available to you at that point

if jones comes through the way I think he might that will be deadly though....welker caught 10tds in gases offense from the slot in 2013...if landry can catch 10 tds that would be amazing

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis
  • Like 2

Round 1 Dez

Round 2 Jordy

Round 3 Jarvis Landry

Round 4 Jordan Reed

Round 5 Marvin Jones Jr

Round 6 Brees

Round 7 Melvin Gordon

Round 13 Arian Foster

Round 14 Dion Lewis

Opinions on Gordon?

In Full point PPR I would've passed on M.Gordon. Lets be honest Chargers are gonna be chasing. So Rivers is gonna have to Sling it around, Especially in the AFC West !!!

In Full point PPR I would've passed on M.Gordon. Lets be honest Chargers are gonna be chasing. So Rivers is gonna have to Sling it around, Especially in the AFC West !!!

I agree ... Rivers will be throwing a ton this year-- you grabbed the wrong SD RB.

• Like 1

Here's my take on Gordon: he looked like he needed a fullback to lead him into the line. Did SD get him one? Didn't seem like a good fit for their system last year and I drafted and held this guy last year in my main league. Brutal.

Maybe some SD homers can chime in on the fit with the offensive system re-installed this year. I will be staying away until he demonstrates a body of work worth drafting.

:shrug: Nice poo-fling. Why'd you even draft him if you knew he was going to have the surgery? Looks like your ball needs to go in for service.

Not much downside in round 14.