[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Report: Tony Romo to Denver?

Wolverines Fan

you realize the trade deadline has passed for this season..right?

Yes.

I'm pretty sure the person who wrote the article meant a trade during the next offseason. :)

Edited by Wolverines Fan
  • Like 1

I wouldnt be opposed to it as a fan. But 14,000,000 is a big number for an injury prone guy who would be playing behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league. That number would probably have to come down.

Business aspect aside, I think he would thrive in Denver if he stayed healthy. Kubiak runs a simple offense and he wouldn't be asked to do all that much. Give ole Lynch another year to hit the books.

• Like 1

If I had to put money on it, I would say Romo is still in Dallas until he retires or gets broken for the last time. I just can't see Jerry letting the Cowboys end up with only one QB on the team that can win anymore, when you have a proven Romo already. Sure it may be expensive but if it ensures you never have to endure the likes of the boobsy twins of last year, it's worth it IMO.

Of course that is if Romo is willing to stay and win big on the sidelines backing up Dak.

Edited by Cowboyz1

• 2 weeks later...

I think Paxton Lynch may have actually breathed some life into this deal with his performance yesterday.

He looked decent in relief of Siemian against Tampa, he looked worse against Atlanta the following week, and yesterday he just completely sh*t the bed. Granted he plays behind one of the worst lines in the league and had minimal help from the running game AND Jacksonville the 3rd best passing defense. But even hiding behind those excuses it seems obvious that he's just not ready and could use another year on the bench. I still think he has the talent to be a good QB but he needs more time. His numbers are below:

51/83 (61%), 497 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT

25 rush yards on 11 carries

yes, but... at this point in their careers, I'm not sure that Romo is that much better than Siemian, considering cost, the amount of snaps for Romo over the past two years, etc.

I like Romo and if healthy, he'd be a fantastic addition, so what's he going to cost and would that money/cost be better spent elsewhere?

An article I read on i think UPI suggested Romos salary would have to come down to at least 8 million next year in order for a deal to work assuming we retain afew of our defensive free agents.

I don't think we should go after him necessarily, but I just don't know how much confidence Elway has in Siemian while Lynch sits. Elway has a win now and forever mentality that is well documented and Romo has already shown interest which means he would probably be willing to rework his contract to play in Denver. Plus both of our QBs are giving him every reason to do it, Elway may pull the trigger if the price is right. That's all I'm saying.

• Like 1

yup.

but he needed a change of scenery to get himself right. He's not doing mental health volunteer work and TV commercials.

man, McD was horrible.

Did you see his project 375 cleats the other night

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/QTP_161202Jetscleats/brandon-marshall-new-york-jets-support-charity-custom-cleats

Scary thing is McD will get a HC job again, maybe he'll have learned some things by then. Like Belichik who was not ready and failed with the Browns, then returned to the Parcells nest for some more learning.

• Like 1

yup.

but he needed a change of scenery to get himself right. He's not doing mental health volunteer work and TV commercials.

man, McD was horrible.

That's true. Probably the best thing that could have happened for him as a person. Not sure about as a player though. Him and Cutler were building a special connection in Denver. Picked back up in Chicago but I don't think it reached its true potential.

• Like 1