[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does Rix Play For The Caines?

Hop Devil

Thank God he's out of here at the end of the year. A fifth year senior playing like a high school freshman. He's always a good interview, but in five years he's never once walked the talk. Four turnovers!!!! He handed them the game :D:DB)

No "i" in Canes thank you.

And no Rix doesn't play for the 'canes. He really doesn't play for anyone.

But to be fair, with no pre-season in college, it's really hard for the offenses to look like much when playing a good defense as evidenced tonight by both teams. That's why alot of teams schedule cupcakes for at least the first game to work out all the wrinkles. Both teams played sloppy on offense and both defenses played well. I expect FSU to still end up 10-2 when it's all said and done and probably play in a BCS bowl.

Good to see Brock Berlin still sucks. I'm a diehard Canes fan, but I think they should've yanked him (or not started him at all). Yeah, yeah, I know the Canes won, but he had nothing to do with it. The TD was on a WR screen and the OT was all Gore. I have a hard time believing Kyle Wright couldn't handle the offense equally as well. And since he's the future of the program anyway...

We Miami fans are spoiled - we want national championships every year. And I just can't see this team contending with Berlin as the QB. I hope he proves me wrong.

Good to see Brock Berlin still sucks.  I'm a diehard Canes fan, but I think they should've yanked him (or not started him at all). Yeah, yeah, I know the Canes won, but he had nothing to do with it.  The TD was on a WR screen and the OT was all Gore.  I have a hard time believing Kyle Wright couldn't handle the offense equally as well.  And since he's the future of the program anyway...

We Miami fans are spoiled - we want national championships every year.  And I just can't see this team contending with Berlin as the QB.  I hope he proves me wrong.

404670[/snapback]

Yeah but there's no comparison b/w Rix and Berlins performance tonight - at least Berlin didn't flat out lose it for the Canes. Rix could have played a Ravens SB Trent Dilfer and FSU would have won easy... I hated FSU's playcalling in the 2nd half, but da*m, how hard is it to just NOT make the big mistake?!?!? (Nole grad here, btw)

Atleast your offensive coordinator isn't a complete fu*king joke. I'm so tired of Rix and Jeff Bowden, but nothing will change and we will continue to lose because of them. Which is pathetic since there is a hell of alot of talent on this team that isn't put in a position to succeed(on the offensive side). Can't complain about the defense they did great just like last year. Man this sucks.

Amazing! A guy on the sports radio around here talked all week about how the Canes own FSU, not because they are more talented but because Rix and/or the coaching staff always find a way to lose it. Stupid mistakes and awful play calling. Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.

Atleast your offensive coordinator isn't a complete fu*king joke. I'm so tired of Rix and Jeff Bowden, but nothing will change and we will continue to lose because of them. Which is pathetic since there is a hell of alot of talent on this team that isn't put in a position to succeed(on the offensive side). Can't complain about the defense they did great just like last year. Man this sucks.

404688[/snapback]

I agree, that was the difference in the game. I thought there was some shockingly bad play calling by FSU. At the very least, they should've kept running in the 4th quarter to milk the clock. Its not like the passing game was picking up a ton of 1st downs anyway. And Miami blitzed the same guys out of the Nickel all game and it seemed like the Noles did nothing to respond as Rolle kept on getting to Rix. Not that I'm complaing, mind you, but still...

You had WRs pointing to the blitzer coming and Rix can't pick it up. The commentators are openly calling out the play calling and Rix's poor decisions on passes and the sacks he took. At some point you have to blame the coaches. I read somewhere that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. When it was obvious that Rix was struggling, where's the logic in going 3 or 4 WRs in the shotgun? That was one of the, if not the worst, offensive performances the 'noles have showed. Glad it was in primetime on national TV for everyone to see. We really showed our :D in this game.

Let me say that I am really tired of being mad at my own team, I don't like whiney-negative fans, but I am at the end of my rope. I would say it can't continue, but it's too late...we already lost.

Edited by cmoore

Well.......for two teams listed #5 and #6....neither one of them looked special. This was probably the worst performance I've seen of either team in quite a few years.

I realize both teams are relatively young....I'm just going on the record as saying.....their preseason rankings are extremely generous! Neither looks like top 10 material to me.

JMHO.....no offense to either fanbase. I looked forward to watching the game.....and ended up flipping it off for a while, bored and disgusted by the quality of play. Flipped it back on in time to see OT....more of the same.

Bunz you were too kind.  If you watched OU and USC play, they were blow outs but you saw a running game, and QB play that made you think these 2 teams were in good hands.  The QB play for Miami and FSU will prevent either from winning anything more than the ACC title.

408940[/snapback]

Agreed - the usual game to live up to the 'Noles-Canes hype was not there this year, and USC and OU look good so far. Sucks to be Bowden - talk about a really bad week in every way - I feel sorry for him...