[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congrats to LSU.

McSooner

Sgt. Ryan:

Are you still posting after your team has been waxed twice as well.  There is your answer dipAthena.

Actually, "my team" got waxed several times this year. The BIG difference is, I don't continually make arrogant, ludicrous, insulting posts, then come back and say "oops, I was wrong, but so are you, so shut the f up".

You are correct about several other team's posts, regarding the excuses. Hey, do what you want, post what you want. Your dedication to OU is comendable and overzealous, to say the least, and you seem to be comfortable playing the role of antagonist.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sgt. Ryan:

Ive conceeded, the Big 12 blew, in the bowls and you ****ers try and justify 3-5 as a success.  Amazing the idiots from the Big 10 on this board.  they dont accept defeat, make excuse after excuse and even when they go 3-5 in the bowls, they try and spin it into a success story.  

I'm not calling 3-5 a success.

I'm saying when people thin Big 12 football this year, what teams do they think of? Oklahoma, Texas, & Kansas State? All 3 went into their bowl games as favorites. All 3 lost.

When you think of the Big 10 this year, you think of Michigan, Ohio State, Iowa, & Purdue. All 3 went into their bowl games as underdogs. Two of the four won , and 1 of the others lost in overtime.

The Big Ten certainly did not dominate their bowl games, but going in with 8 underdogs and coming out with a 3-5 record, the Big Ten played pretty decent.

Compare that to the Big Twelve having 5 favorites and only winning 3 games, and clearly the Big Twelve had a more disappointing Bowl season.

davearm:

Ryan, name me one Big Ten team that choked in its bowl game, the way the best of the Big 12 did: Texas, KState, and Oklahoma.  Just name one.

Are you for real. Did you check out the scores of these games

Conference Champion Michigan lost by 14 to USC

Mich St lost by 14 to Nebraksa

Wisconsin lost by 14 to Auburn

and on a smaller note.

Purdue lost by 7 to Georgia

Minnesota won by 1 to Oregon

Ohio St won by 7 to KSU

Only a 3 loss Iowa looked dominating in their win over a 5 loss Fla team.

on the other hand,

KSu lost by 7 to the so called mighty OSU

Texas lost by 8 to 2 loss wash St

OU lost by 7 to a 1 loss LSU

Okie St list by 3 to Ole Miss

All 4 loses were by 8 pts or less.

Nebraksa Dominated Michigan St by 14

8-5 Texas Tech dominated 8-5 Navy by 24

Get a gripe, Whent the Big 10 got beat, they got beat badly. When OU lost, they lost by 8 pts or less in 4 of 6 loses, while the Big 10 lost by 14 or more in 3 of their 5.

To answer your question

If your conference Champ loses its bowl game by 14, and conference champ of the Big 12, gets beat by the so called mighty OSU by only 7, how did KSU choke more than Michigan to name at least one of many by the Big 10.

KSU was favored by 7, lost by 7. That is a 14-point difference, and the favorite lost.

Michigan was a 6.5 point underdog, lost by 14. That is a smaller 8 point swing, and the favorite still won.

After you read the definitions about food lodged in the windpipe, Dictionary.com has this to say about the word choke : to fail at any endeavor, but with some flair or bravado; the popular definition is "to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory."

Not many people will describe a team that is expected to lose, and loses, as having choked .

You f*ckers are amazing. Big 10 fans are by far the biggest idiots on the planet. They dont admit defeat, make excuse after excuse, think 3-5 is a successful bowl season. Think 3-5 is head and shoulders above 2-6 in the bowl season. Think their conference Champion losing by 14 is better than the Big 12 conference Champion losing by 7. Try and argue a moot point which team choked and which team got beat. I hate to tell you f*ckers something, but LSU proved to be a worthy Champion, and OU losing to that team is not a choke job. They got beat, happened to a d@mn good team. Michigan getting pounded by 14 to USC was alright, as they were suppose to lose. Come on, are you idiots reading the Athena you type. OSwho getting beat by unranked and 6 loss Wisconsin was a fluke.

And by your own definition, which game was the Big 12 winning to have defeat snatched from the jaws of victory

Choking is what OSU LB #44 did to the wisconsin QB. I cant believe Im even arguing with you moronic tools. Im done here.

originally posted by SGT RYAN:

You ****ers are amazing. Big 10 fans are by far the biggest idiots on the planet. They dont admit defeat, make excuse after excuse, think 3-5 is a successful bowl season. Think 3-5 is head and shoulders above 2-6 in the bowl season. Think their conference Champion losing by 14 is better than the Big 12 conference Champion losing by 7. Try and argue a moot point which team choked and which team got beat. I hate to tell you ****ers something, but LSU proved to be a worthy Champion, and OU losing to that team is not a choke job. They got beat, happened to a **** good team. Michigan getting pounded by 14 to USC was alright, as they were suppose to lose. Come on, are you idiots reading the Athena you type. OSwho getting beat by unranked and 6 loss Wisconsin was a fluke. Choking the wisconsin QB out of the game, was alright, it happens all the time. I cant believe Im even arguing with you moronic tools.  Im done here  

Allll R iiiiiiii t then!! bye bye :D

Sgt. Ryan:

Think their conference Champion losing by 14 is better than the Big 12 conference Champion losing by 7.  

I was going a little deeper than just comparing conference champions Sarge. But since we both seem to put more emphasis on how the top teams in the conference do, how about we look at the top 5?

Big Ten 3-2

1 - Michigan - lost

2 - Ohio State - won

3 - Purdue - lost OT

4 - Minnesota - won

5 - Iowa - won

Big Twelve 1-4

1 - Kansas State - lost

2 - Oklahoma - lost

3 - Texas - lost

4 - Nebraska - won

5 - Oklahoma State - lost

LSU proved to be a worthy Champion, and OU losing to that team is not a choke job.  They got beat, happened to a d@mn good team.  
Oklahoma going 12-0, looking unstoppable, and then losing their 2 biggest games is one of the biggest choke jobs in recent memory.

Michigan getting pounded by 14 to USC was alright, as they were suppose to lose.
Michigan lost, as expected, they did not choke.

OSwho getting beat by unranked and 6 loss Wisconsin was a fluke.
Ohio State won 19 consecutive games before losing to Wisconsin. The Buckeyes got beat, plain and simple, no fluke. But they didn't hang their heads, they came back and won 5 in a row before getting whacked by Michigan.

I would not, but some people might call one loss in the middle of 24 wins a fluke.

However, nobody would mistake Oklahoma's 2 consecutive losses as a fluke. It is a definite trend.

And by your own definition, which game was the Big 12 winning to have defeat snatched from the jaws of victory

How about the Sugar Bowl where you predicted the Sooners to win by 21 or more? You and many others seemed to think Oklahoma would win by merely showing up.

Sgt. Ryan:

You f*ckers are amazing.  Big 10 fans are by far the biggest idiots on the planet.  They dont admit defeat, make excuse after excuse, think 3-5 is a successful bowl season.  Think 3-5 is head and shoulders above 2-6 in the bowl season.  Think their conference Champion losing by 14 is better than the Big 12 conference Champion losing by 7.  Try and argue a moot point which team choked and which team got beat.  I hate to tell you f*ckers something, but LSU proved to be a worthy Champion, and OU losing to that team is not a choke job.  They got beat, happened to a d@mn good team.  Michigan getting pounded by 14 to USC was alright, as they were suppose to lose. Come on, are you idiots reading the Athena you type.  OSwho getting beat by unranked and 6 loss Wisconsin was a fluke.  

Choking is what OSU LB #44 did to the wisconsin QB. I cant believe Im even arguing with you moronic tools.  Im done here.

LOL..only if it was true!!! what a sore loser!!! lol OU #1,Texas#5 and K-state#10 you think that compares to Michigan,Wisconsin,Michigan State...Yeah Big Ten fans are the tools. cool_thu

LMAO, like being outnumbered has ever stopped me before. Before last yr, I was the only Sooner on this site. Im definately the only Sooner here from before the 2000 Championship season.

And Im not even close to running out of material.

I gave my props to LSU, but I suppose every 40+ YRS LSU was definately due :D OU has 8 titles in the last 53 yrs, thats 1 every 6.65 yrs. Its been 4 yrs since the last one, we'll have #9 before the avg time elapses again.

Just got back in my office from attending the Sugar Bowl--there is only one National Champion and it is LSU. They manhandled a very impressive OU offense. The first half looked it was almost as if they were playing a high school football team (what was the OU offensive output about 50 yards?). OU stiffened and I give their defense credit.

But I think it is clear this is one of the best college defenses in years and USC, well, I think LSU would wear em out. But I am a homer, of course. wink It was a great time.

I'm jealous skins - the Bourbon Street party must've been spectacular - as long as you're a Tiger fan. Hopefully the BCS will be tweaked to prevent the problem of putting the wrong team in the big game - it is now so obvious that OU was not the right opponent to face LSU, but its too late for this year. (For some of us, it was obvious after 12/6, but oh well...)

Congrats to LSU - the "only National Champs" in the South, and congrats to USC - the "only National Champs" in the West. And may they both meet in the Orange Bowl next year....

Sgt. Ryan:

...this team didnt show up for the the KSU game, ...not showing up for the KSU game.

They showed up but just could not handle the deficit, they hadn't been down all year for more than a few minutes and KSU was rolling down hill. Don't make it sound like the 4 touchdown lose was because they did not show up. It was because they had their hearts take away and KSU showed LSU how to beat OU.

OU showed up but wish they hadn't. If KSU hadn't exposed OU and laid out the blueprint to beat OU then they would have won the National Championship.

skins:

But I think it is clear this is one of the best college defenses in years and USC, well, I think LSU would wear em out. But I am a homer, of course.    wink    It was a great time.

I disagree 100%. LSU wore down big time with 4 mins left in the game. they had to blitz every down to get pressure on white in that time span. OU from the 34 yd line ran the ball 4 straight times for 22 yds to get to the 12 yd line first and 10. Then 4 straight incompletions. Had OU ran the ball down their throat 4 more times, there is little doubt in my mind they would have scored via the ground. LSU was so gased, they barely held on to a game they dominated for 3 qtrs. The offense was even worse the whole 2nd half. LSU D scored 7 pts on Whites mistake to start the 3rd qtr, and OU defense completely shut down Mauck and Co the last half of the game.

Im not saying USC would beat LSU, but they wouldnt wear em out, as OU wore LSU out, just didnt capitalize on the field position with poor play calling down the stretch. Im not making excuses, LSU played well enough to win. But they were clearly the more fatigues team and did everything they could to hold onto that game. Clayton dropped a TD, and White overthrew the back Jones on an all out blitz. OU had opportunities to tie up the game. But as I said before, they just didnt get it done.

Kansas State 2000:

Sgt. Ryan:

...this team didnt show up for the the KSU game, ...not showing up for the KSU game.

They showed up but just could not handle the deficit, they hadn't been down all year for more than a few minutes and KSU was rolling down hill. Don't make it sound like the 4 touchdown lose was because they did not show up. It was because they had their hearts take away and KSU showed LSU how to beat OU.

OU showed up but wish they hadn't. If KSU hadn't exposed OU and laid out the blueprint to beat OU then they would have won the National Championship.

As a KSU fan, you have to say that. But Baylor sacked White 5 times and showed the game plan. White was clearly hurt in that game, and KSU beat him up all night, but the missed tackles was not showing up on D for OU. OU scored on its opening posession, KSU busted 4 plays of over 40 yds on OU, and all yr only 2 had been placed on this defense prior. a missed tackle on Sproles about 3 times on one screen pass, and a missed tackle on Terry on the short ball that he took to the house changed this whole game. KSU beat them good, Ill admit, but KSU comes to Norman next yr so revenge will be waiting for your kitty cats.

Sgt. Ryan:

... but KSU comes to Norman next yr so revenge will be waiting for your kitty cats.

Not true, check the schedule, the game is in Mahattan and I will be there. We have OU, NU & Texas Tech in back-to-back-to back home games.

If you win next year does that make up for the BIG 12 Championship? wink

10-2-04 at Texas A&M

10-9-04 at Kansas

10-16-04 OKLAHOMA

10-23-04 NEBRASKA

10-30-04 TEXAS TECH

11-6-04 at Missouri

11-13-04 at Colorado

11-20-04 IOWA STATE

Kansas State 2000:

Sgt. Ryan:

... but KSU comes to Norman next yr so revenge will be waiting for your kitty cats.

Not true, check the schedule, the game is in Mahattan and I will be there. We have OU, NU & Texas Tech in back-to-back-to back home games.

If you win next year does that make up for the BIG 12 Championship? wink

10-2-04 at Texas A&M

10-9-04 at Kansas

10-16-04 OKLAHOMA

10-23-04 NEBRASKA

10-30-04 TEXAS TECH

11-6-04 at Missouri

11-13-04 at Colorado

11-20-04 IOWA STATE

No it doesnt. Winning never makes up for a lose in my opinion.

• 11 months later...
Are you for real.  Did you check out the scores of these games

Conference Champion Michigan lost by 14 to USC

Mich St lost by 14 to Nebraksa

Wisconsin lost by 14 to Auburn

and on a smaller note.

Purdue lost by 7 to Georgia

Minnesota won by 1 to Oregon

Ohio St won by 7 to KSU

Only a 3 loss Iowa looked dominating in their win over a 5 loss Fla team.

on the other hand,

KSu lost by 7 to the so called mighty OSU

Texas lost by 8 to 2 loss wash St

OU lost by 7 to a 1 loss LSU

Okie St list by 3 to Ole Miss

All 4 loses were by 8 pts or less.

Nebraksa Dominated Michigan St by 14

8-5 Texas Tech dominated 8-5 Navy by 24

Get a gripe, Whent the Big 10 got beat, they got beat badly.  When OU lost, they lost by 8 pts or less in 4 of 6 loses, while the Big 10 lost by 14 or more in 3 of their 5. 

To answer your question

If your conference Champ loses its bowl game by 14, and conference champ of the Big 12, gets beat by the so called mighty OSU by only 7, how did KSU choke more than Michigan to name at least one of many by the Big 10.

123098[/snapback]

I guess last year, when it was conveinent for Sarge, how you beat someone mattered, but changing his tune this year.

The king of the flip flop