[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bledsoe out in Buffalo

the_lung

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe SF gets into the mix here. They need a QB badley and need something to get some excitement back into that franchise.

699971[/snapback]

How's a 1st pick in the draft for excitement?

No way SF goes for an older QB

Edited by Piranha

He's also a cocky little twit.

699977[/snapback]

Sounds a bit like Ryan Leaf.

And Henson should be better than both of them.  Screw that.  I'd rather endure 1-15 again.

699989[/snapback]

What makes you say that? I know he hadn't played in years, but Henson was awful when given a chance last season. Parcells has always been a good talent evaluator and he doesn't seem to think too much of Henson. He could be just another QB bust.

What makes you say that?  I know he hadn't played in years, but Henson was awful when given a chance last season.  Parcells has always been a good talent evaluator and he doesn't seem to think too much of Henson. He could be just another QB bust.

700007[/snapback]

I said that Henson should be better than both of them because he's younger and has now had a full camp, pre-season and season to learn the system. If Henson isn't ready to go by the end of camp this summer, he is a bust. In that case Bledsoe, like Testaverde, is the wrong direction. IMHO you bring in an old vet at QB when that is the missing piece. We have more than 1 piece missing right now. I'd rather see Brees or Rivers than Bledsoe or Testaverde. And I'm no Brees fan. QB is a position the Cowboys need to get younger at.

Sounds a bit like Ryan Leaf.

What makes you say that?  I know he hadn't played in years, but Henson was awful when given a chance last season.  Parcells has always been a good talent evaluator and he doesn't seem to think too much of Henson. He could be just another QB bust.

700007[/snapback]

First thing- Heson was never given a shot last season.

2nd- Starting Vinnie after week 8 was a DEFINITE sign Parcells has no plans of starting Vinnie or Henson this season. He is only in this for another 2 seasons tops and would have started Henson long before now if he was even considering using the kid.

The fact that Vinnie started after week 8 was a clear indication to any Cowboys fan that Parcells was planning on signing a veteran. We just didn't know who it would be. My early money was on Warner, but I guess now we know he had his eye on Bledsoe the entire time!!

I dislike Bledsoe, as NE's offense sucked before Brady came in, he holds the ball entirely too long, and constantly takes debilitating sacks.

Bledsoe was much better under Parcells so we can only hope he can work magic with him again. Drew Bledsoe will be the Cowboys starting QB next season.

Bledsoe has been terrible his entire career at Buffaloe with better receivers than Dallas has. 

700125[/snapback]

That's completely untrue. Bledsoe was in Buffalo for 3 seasons...his first season he played excellently, his second season he sucked, and last season he was somewhere in between.

2002: 4359 yards passing (2nd in the NFL) w/ 24 TD + 15 INT + 2 TD rushing

I understand why people aren't in love with Drew at this point in his career, but to categorize his entire stint in Buffalo as "terrible" just isn't accurate.

First thing- Heson was never given a shot last season. 

700376[/snapback]

He did get a start on Thanksgiving remember, and he was so bad that Parcells had little choice but to re-insert Vinny.

2nd- Starting Vinnie after week 8 was a DEFINITE sign Parcells has no plans of starting Vinnie or Henson this season.  He is only in this for another 2 seasons tops and would have started Henson long before now if he was even considering using the kid.

Drew Bledsoe will be the Cowboys starting QB next season.

I agree that Vinny remaining the starter the second half of last year was a clear sign that Henson or Romo would likely never be the starter in Dallas...I've said as much many times in the countless discussions in this forum about the Dallas QB situation. I also agree that Bledsoe will probably end up in Dallas, as their starting QB this season.

I actually agree with you on most points, it just seems that you want to argue semantics with me over whether or not Henson was given a shot. Look at the context of what I said about him having been given a chance, and it is clear that I was simply wondering why the comment had been made that Henson would be better than Vinny or Bledsoe when in his limited playing time, Henson was undeniably awful. Whether or not anyone likes Vinny or Bledsoe, they have both been in the league for over 10 years and have had very solid NFL careers.

Now, if you mean that he wasn't given a true opportunity, which I think you probably do, then of course I would agree with that as well. Playing in 2 games clearly isn't enough to see what the kid has or hasn't got. I just tend to believe that Bill has probably seen enough of Henson's skills, or lack thereof, in practice to be able to make an informed decision, and by him sitting the second half of a wasted season last year, I think that he has made that decision.

You have to admit that the WR's in Buffalo are much better than what Dallas has to offer. Okay, maybe terrible was too strong a word, but there is no way Bledsoe is a better option than Vinny even though Vinny is older.

Clearly if Parcells signs Bledsoe, he's putting a band aid on a continued problem and feels like the team has other priorities that must be addressed before he can fix the QB problem. That's all I can think of for a reasoning behind signing an average QB like Bledsoe!!

You have to admit that the WR's in Buffalo are much better than what Dallas has to offer.  Okay, maybe terrible was too strong a word

700664[/snapback]

Certainly I'd take Moulds and Price (what Buffalo had in 2002) over what Dallas had last year, particularly once Glenn got hurt and Bryant was traded away. I wasn't trying to make Bledsoe out as the MVP or anything, I just thought "terrible" was too strong a word, as you noted.

I do agree that Bledsoe (or Vinny) isn't the long term answer. I'm betting that Parcells is probably hoping to improve their defense through the draft, and that he feels if he can do so, with the running game they had towards the end of last year, they can compete in the NFC right now with a guy like Bledsoe. Considering that when their defense played well in 2003, they won 10 games and went to the playoffs with Quincy Carter at the helm, he very well could be right.

That's completely untrue.  Bledsoe was in Buffalo for 3 seasons...his first season he played excellently, his second season he sucked, and last season he was somewhere in between.

2002: 4359 yards passing (2nd in the NFL) w/ 24 TD + 15 INT + 2 TD rushing

I understand why people aren't in love with Drew at this point in his career, but to categorize his entire stint in Buffalo as "terrible" just isn't accurate.

He did get a start on Thanksgiving remember, and he was so bad that Parcells had little choice but to re-insert Vinny.

I agree that Vinny remaining the starter the second half of last year was a clear sign that Henson or Romo would likely never be the starter in Dallas...I've said as much many times in the countless discussions in this forum about the Dallas QB situation.  I also agree that Bledsoe will probably end up in Dallas, as their starting QB this season. 

I actually agree with you on most points, it just seems that you want to argue semantics with me over whether or not Henson was given a shot.  Look at the context of what I said about him having been given a chance, and it is clear that I was simply wondering why the comment had been made that Henson would be better than Vinny or Bledsoe when in his limited playing time, Henson was undeniably awful.  Whether or not anyone likes Vinny or Bledsoe, they have both been in the league for over 10 years and have had very solid NFL careers.

Now, if you mean that he wasn't given a true opportunity, which I think you probably do, then of course I would agree with that as well.  Playing in 2 games clearly isn't enough to see what the kid has or hasn't got.  I just tend to believe that Bill has probably seen enough of Henson's skills, or lack thereof, in practice to be able to make an informed decision, and by him sitting the second half of a wasted season last year, I think that he has made that decision.

700645[/snapback]

Yes, that is what I meant skrappy! Didn't mean for it to sound hostile.

I watched that Turkey day game and Vinnie didn't do any better than Henson and I don't think 1/2 of football as a starter is a "real" shot as you said above.

I think it simply boils down to Parcells knowing he has only a couple of years left and decided he was not going to break-in another QB long before they even traded for Henson. Knowing he has only 2 years left, he has obviously resigned himself to only starting a veteran. Personally, I think Warner would be a better option, but Bledsoe was on fire under Parcells in a pass-happy offense while in NE.

At 33, he is a fetus when compared to Vinnie. The real question is, do they draft a WR, CB, or DL with their first, first-round pick? Continuing with the "win-now" theme, tough to take a rookie WR in round one. He may just believe they will have enough offense with Jones, Bledsoe, Johnson, Whitten, & Glenn.

Lets hope he is right.

You have a point now that I think about it. If they can get that D back to being very strong, then they may just have enough Offense to do some damage. I'd probably focus on D in the draft and look at CB and WR in free agency.

Did you say "fetus". Very nice!!!

Rumor has it, the Cowboys had a deal already worked out a deal with Bledsoe in January, so from where I sit, its a foregone conclusion he will be in Dallas.

At our league awards banquet, a member cited the source but I can't remember it off-hand.  I will try and get more details, as I know everyone likes to consider the source.

For what its worth, you can mark it down IMO.

699717[/snapback]

ah...the post I was looking for... :D

glad to hear it from an insider...can't wait for the Bledsoe / Glenn combo again...this would be a big upgrade for Cowboys...just fix that left side of the O-line also please... :D

Rumor has it, the Cowboys had a deal already worked out a deal with Bledsoe in January, so from where I sit, its a foregone conclusion he will be in Dallas.

At our league awards banquet, a member cited the source but I can't remember it off-hand.  I will try and get more details, as I know everyone likes to consider the source.

For what its worth, you can mark it down IMO.

699717[/snapback]

Can they Dallas work a deal before Bledsoe was officially released? Or is it Dallas just cannot talk about it until Bledsoe was officially released?

Interesting information, gspot, thanks for passing it on. Although I'm still looking at this with a "the glass is half-empty" feeling. No, I will not be singing the blues and given what is out there (and which FAs will likely re-sign with their team), there are less savory choices than Bledsoe.

Good point was raised about Glenn being hurt and that did have an impact on the passing game, but I fully expect "she" will get hurt again next season.

Anybody watch that series on espn last year where they followed the rookies around leading up to the draft? I remember watching it and thinking Losman had to be one of the biggest ***s i've ever seen. Hard for me to root for guys that arrogant.

I really thought Buffallo had a chance to make some noise last year and this one too. It all depends on their QB play though :D.

BTW, Lung I've got rage against the machine going while looking at your avi. They look like they were made for each other :D

Can they Dallas work a deal before Bledsoe was officially released? Or is it Dallas just cannot talk about it until Bledsoe was officially released?

701254[/snapback]

My pleasure Gunther.

No, legally a team cannot tamper with another player while under contract unless the team gives him permission to seek a trade. However, other players, friends, and colleagues can talk to anyone they want, about anything they want. If I wanted to know in-advance if Drew was going to sign with me, I would talk to Jerry, see what he was willing to pay and have a mutual acquaintance and friend reach out.

No question there has been discussions.

Glenn did have 96 catches his rookie year while Bledsoe was the QB. One can only hope!

I guess this means the new back up QB in Buffalo will be.... none other than Quincy Carter? I hear it's hard to find drugs in upstate NY, could be the perfect spot for Quincy!  :D  Um..... that is unles Mr. Irvin mules some up there for em!

702412[/snapback]

I heard the Jets could bring Carter back to back up Pennington again.