[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Winslow's rehab not going well

Fatman

The somewhat credible profootballtalk.com had this Tuesday morning:

WINSLOW WASHED UP?

There are rumors floating around the league that Browns tight end Kellen Winslow might never completely become the player he was expected to be due that broken leg he suffered playing special teams early in the 2004 regular season.

Even if he eventually reaches his potential, word is that the injury might last longer than originally feared, jeopardizing his ability to contribute in 2005.

Winslow's season-ending injury caused shock waves through the agent community, because it prevented him from cashing in on an otherwise no-brainer incentive payment based on the achievement of minimum playing time in his rookie season. His agents (the Postons) erred by dropping the 30 percent threshold in 2005 only; many rookie deals call for the payment to be made if the number is achieved in any one of multiple seasons.

___

Doesn't cite a source, but something to think about as we enter the summer.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"They're out there to kill you, so I'm out there to kill them. We don't care about anybody but this U. They're going after my legs. I'm going to come right back at them. I'm a f'n soldier."

I guess he was right about them going after his legs.

But seriously, I hope he recovers fully so we can all see what he can really do.

"They're out there to kill you, so I'm out there to kill them. We don't care about anybody but this U. They're going after my legs. I'm going to come right back at them. I'm a f'n soldier."

I guess he was right about them going after his legs.

But seriously, I hope he recovers fully so we can all see what he can really do.

774510[/snapback]

He's a soldier.

Now THERE'S an informative post. I've only read that three times in this thread, so far.

Keep up the good work, JJ!

774524[/snapback]

You have an excellent sense of humor. :D I guess we're not allowed to laugh at punk a$$ed kid like Winslow. I guess I should've found a second opinion from another doctor on how he may recover from this injury.

Has anyone said that this kid is an f'in soldier?  Does anyone remember him saying that?  I think it was after a game when he was a player for the University of Miami or something!

774545[/snapback]

You're correct. That was about a year and a half ago.