[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question about HAG

soopanuts

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since it is an AGE related league you could use the teams actual birthdate...oldest getting the spot OR you could take their existing record and award it to the person with the better record.

1258610[/snapback]

Or go back to the original sign up thread and take whoever signed up first as having seniority.

Maybe I missed the thread or reply, but I've not seen anything where someone has said  they like current members going to the bottom of the waitlist.  Seems like everyone who's weighed in on the subject is opposed to the new decision.

If you guys are listening to your members and are trying to keep them happy, I don't think it's not being reflected in your decisions.

1258618[/snapback]

Do turkeys vote for Thanksgiving? Of course we knew some people would be unhappy about the decision, but we were acting on a principle as laid out by the person whose idea the whole thing was. Right now we're trying to sort out the best way forward for everyone.

It should go by age. The older person gets the spot.

1258620[/snapback]

I think it should go by seniority.

If I've spent 7 years in my current league, and someone who's been in it maybe 5 years (but is older than me) ages out of the league the same year then I should get preference. I've spent more time and money in the league, that has to be worth something.

Now if you joined at the same time, go by age. Or go by first person confirming (or paying) their spot.

It should go by age. The older person gets the spot.

1258620[/snapback]

Doh, I'm late. What Twiley said works as well.

Adding more, make it a three point system.

1 pt for oldest

1 pt for best record (last season)

1 pt for how long you've been in league

Team with two points moves up.

(This may not work if three teams are involved.)

I think it should go by seniority. 

If I've spent 7 years in my current league, and someone who's been in it maybe 5 years (but is older than me) ages out of the league the same year then I should get preference. I've spent more time and money in the league, that has to be worth something. 

Now if you joined at the same time, go by age. Or go by first person confirming (or paying) their spot.

1258629[/snapback]

Addressed in my previous post.

There hasn't been a final decision yet.

1258621[/snapback]

As far as what would happen when a person left their age bracket goes, this was one of the first things we discussed. We have hashed and rehashed in detail the pros and cons of what to do with people getting too old for their groups. In the end, we decided that the leagues were 4 different leagues, and only tied together by a common rule set and a season ending competition across the age groups to age supremacy.

For this issue of where people get to go on the waiting list, it was determined that people in a league had no more right to another league than people not in a league. There was debate over participation, etc., but when moving up you are joining a new league. Someone that has been waiting to play for a long time should have a chance to, and as good of a chance as anyone else that qualifies to play in the league. The concession we decided to make to people that no longer qualified to be in the league they were previously participating in was to allow a time period when the waiting lists for the league they now qualified for to be open only for them, if they were old enough to join.

The way post 106 by Caveman reads, it sounds like a decision has been made.

The way I look at is there are a lot of current members that will leave and possibly start up HAGII if current members cannot move to the top of the waiting list when they leave a particular age bracket.  If the commishes want this league to run smoothly, just make this the rule and all is fine.  I don't see what the HUGH debate is really.  Why vote for bottom of the list if you know it will greatly affect the status of many current members?

1258599[/snapback]

:D This wasn't a HUGH debate. It started with 4 people, some in a nicer way than others, threatening to take their ball and go home if they didn't get their way.

We have said time and time again that we are taking the time to discuss things, that nothing is final until the rules are ammended, that we will always take the suggestion of the league members to heart, and that we can always revisit an issue.

In the commish forum, we have referred to this league as a republic as opposed to a democracy. In discussions in the commish forum everyone takes the time to vocalize what their league members want as well as their own opinions. If the league members can't wait for us to formalize and come out with the changes, you will get it in a 'this is where we are now' format, which is what you are getting from me today.

FWIW, I like owners that care about the format of the league. I am only asking for myself and my other commishes that their time and effort be respected. We're just trying to keep things under wraps and from getting out of hand. That's not an easy prospect, and chaos could easily reign in a 48 person league grouping.

FWIW, I like owners that care about the format of the league.  I am only asking for myself and my other commishes that their time and effort be respected.  We're just trying to keep things under wraps and from getting out of hand.  That's not an easy prospect, and chaos could easily reign in a 48 person league grouping.

1258659[/snapback]

Sounds good and FWIW I wasn't threatening to take my ball home and leave. I just don't like long lines while holding my ballz. :D

Edited by twiley

:D  This wasn't a HUGH debate.  It started with 4 people, some in a nicer way than others, threatening to take their ball and go home if they didn't get their way.

We have said time and time again that we are taking the time to discuss things, that nothing is final until the rules are ammended, that we will always take the suggestion of the league members to heart, and that we can always revisit an issue.

In the commish forum, we have referred to this league as a republic as opposed to a democracy.  In discussions in the commish forum everyone takes the time to vocalize what their league members want as well as their own opinions.  If the league members can't wait for us to formalize and come out with the changes, you will get it in a 'this is where we are now' format, which is what you are getting from me today.

FWIW, I like owners that care about the format of the league.  I am only asking for myself and my other commishes that their time and effort be respected.  We're just trying to keep things under wraps and from getting out of hand.  That's not an easy prospect, and chaos could easily reign in a 48 person league grouping.

1258659[/snapback]

Sorry Bro, but you let this cat out of the bag, read your post. And no ever consulted me about any thing when the league started, some people said before others that they would commish and so it went. I like this league and for the life of me can't see why , if the members want this to be this way, anyone would oppose it. This is a small glitch in a pretty good league, it can be fixed if you guys want to do it. It's easy or not either way, no problem. Some of us feel it's ludicrous to invest time and money into a league I am definately going to get out put out at age 51.

Edited by NSab

If this wasn't set in stone yet. why did post what you did, saying it was decided already?

By the time you are 51 there will be an over 60 league.

Will say one thing.... Huddlers have never been known for their patience.

1258679[/snapback]

Sky it isn't personal for me, I have 6 years to go. I think it is unfair to existing HAG members to put at the bottom fo a waiting list , for new guys with nothing invested.

Edited by NSab

Sky it isn't personal for me, .....

1258682[/snapback]

Nick, I asked you a question?

1258684[/snapback]

Sure sounds like it is getting personal.

Maybe everyone should back off a bit and let it go until tomorrow.... when cooler heads may show up.

Sure sounds like it is getting personal.

Maybe everyone should back off a bit and let it go until tomorrow.... when cooler heads may show up.

1258691[/snapback]

Sky you know me a little, I am not hot right now at all, seems to me that if it wasn't decided as you say already. Then Nick kind of stepped ahead of himself. I just want to know if that was the case, he mis spoke or he was correct?

Edited by NSab

I'm going to start here...

There is a group of us that founded this league, spent time outting it together and hammering out the rules and conditions, etc..    We have discussed on several occasions how we would handle the process for rules changes and such.  That process is that all rules changes will be handled by the commissioners.  That's not to say that people's opinions aren't important and won't be listened to, but in this case there is a self interest issue that we are trying to aviod without having an unfair situation occur to those that are waiting to play and therefore have no say.

As league members, you are all more than welcome to vote out your commissioners and get new representation in the commissioner's forum, but we are not willing to deal with 48 person vote scenarios.  We have already discussed that proposition.  If an individual doesn't like the way the leagues are run, they have the opportunity to work towards replacing their commissioner and doing something about it, or leaving the league.  9 people is enough to argue over the rules and come up with a resolution.

As far as what would happen when a person left their age bracket goes, this was one of the first things we discussed.  We have hashed and rehashed in detail the pros and cons of what to do with people getting too old for their groups.  In the end, we decided that the leagues were 4 different leagues, and only tied together by a common rule set and a season ending competition across the age groups to age supremacy.

For this issue of where people get to go on the waiting list, it was determined that people in a league had no more right to another league than people not in a league.  There was debate over participation, etc., but when moving up you are joining a new league.  Someone that has been waiting to play for a long time should have a chance to, and as good of a chance as anyone else that qualifies to play in the league.  The concession we decided to make to people that no longer qualified to be in the league they were previously participating in was to allow a time period when the waiting lists for the league they now qualified for to be open only for them, if they were old enough to join.

I don't know what more to say.  We, the commissioners, are not going to open up topics for 48 person votes.  On this issue in particular, if we were to hold a vote the people already on the waiting lists would already be getting screwed.  Why is that fair?  They would get no say, and would be voted down.

For my own league mates, you are welcome to have a quorum to have me replaced as commish if you want different leadership and representation, with no hard feelings on my part.  Please bear in mind that we are trying to run something fun, fair, and that creates the opportunity for lots of people to participate in it.  That was Skylive5's original vision, and we are trying to respect the spirit of that intention by keeping the rules mindful of it.

1258134[/snapback]

This sounded like a final resolution to me ... it didn't sound like it was still being discussed in the HAG main forum.

This sounded like a final resolution to me ... it didn't sound like it was still being discussed in the HAG main forum.

1258701[/snapback]

Forget it Blitz, he isn't saying a word about it now. Pretty lame.

If it was a mistake say so already. You stirred this up.

Nick, I asked you a question?

1258684[/snapback]

Ther's that huddler patience showing through :D

Sorry, but I am actually still working and trying to do this in between putting out fires.

As has already been stated by me and others in this thread, you guys were asking for how things stood at the moment. The league charter has yet to be modified and new rules have not been posted.

Based on the discussion we already had, we had made a decision. We had not yet come forth and said "this is what we are planning on doing, what do you think" because we are still discussing several issues. Nobody has time to report a blow by blow account, but everyone was scrambling for an update. So I gave one based on the discussion up to that point.

Which do you want, for us to ignore you until we are good and ready, or to give you an update of where our thoughts are at? I know that I won't be as eager to be the updater if I am going to get nothing but hostility for my time.

I'll say it for all the Commissioners.... No decision is final until it is posted in each individual forum. No matter what is said here on the MB or in other places.... NO DECISION IS FINAL UNTIL POSTED IN EACH INDIVIDUAL FORUM.

Until then.... discussions are going on... votes are going on.... people are being listened too.... and finalization of things are occurring.....

Nick was our spokesman... we asked him to say his piece..... don't just jump on Nick....

Please.

Forget it Blitz, he isn't saying a word about it now. Pretty lame.

If it was a mistake say so already. You stirred this up.

1258704[/snapback]

Now you are just being a dingus...and there's no need for it. I will take as much time to answer any questions as I have available to me. Today I had very little. Gimmie a break.

Ther's that huddler patience showing through :D

Sorry, but I am actually still working and trying to do this in between putting out fires.

As has already been stated by me and others in this thread, you guys were asking for how things stood at the moment.  The league charter has yet to be modified and new rules have not been posted.

Based on the discussion we already had, we had made a decision.  We had not yet come forth and said "this is what we are planning on doing, what do you think" because we are still discussing several issues.  Nobody has time to report a blow by blow account, but everyone was scrambling for an update.  So I gave one based on the discussion up to that point.

Which do you want, for us to ignore you until we are good and ready, or to give you an update of where our thoughts are at?  I know that I won't be as eager to be the updater if I am going to get nothing but hostility for my time.

1258711[/snapback]

Nick in the future, just say no decision has been made yet, we are still discussing at this point. It would save all of us alot of headaches.