[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Homer League...

Duchess Jack

Bump... let's keep this towards the top. C'mon AFC owners... we know you're out there!

Duchess Jack... why don't you edit the title of this thread to include a sub-head saying that "owners are still needed" or something like that.

Edited by Savage Beatings

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted a notice at the HFA site. I alos PMed someone that is a SD homer, told him that if he was interested, I would let him have SD, and I will take Houston.

That would be me, and yes I am interested. Let me check it out tonight and I will give you an answer for sure today (unless I get called out and don't get home until tomorrow, the next day??!!?? :D ) Probably not though and I will be in touch barring anything uncontollable TODAY!

Thank you for the heads up!

Boogie :D

Edited to add:

That would be the Chargers!

Edited by McBoog

Here's the latest update as I see it:

Buffalo Bills -

Miami Dolphins - DJ/Wench

New England Patriots - Bring Back Pat!!!

New York Jets -

Baltimore Ravens -

Cincinnati Bengals - Cincy Slammers

Cleveland Browns - Gonkis

Pittsburgh Steelers - Menudo

Houston Texans - Reserved for 24 hours, until 06/24/06 (if that is ok with the cap'n)

Indianapolis Colts -

Jacksonville Jaguars -

Tennessee Titans -

Denver Broncos - theohiostate

Kansas City Chiefs - cre8tiff

Oakland Raiders -

San Diego Chargers - rbmcdonald

Dallas Cowboys - General Itals

New York Giants - FWmaker

Philadelphia Eagles - Mauraders11

Washington Redskins - nogohawk

Chicago Bears - Ralph Furley

Detroit Lions - Doc Holliday

Green Bay Packers - Randall

Minnesota Vikings - Savage Beatings

Atlanta Falcons -

Carolina Panthers - Jumpin Johnies

New Orleans Saints -

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - slingblade

Arizona Cardinals - Nuke'em ttg

St. Louis Rams - Twiley

San Francisco 49ers -

Seattle Seahawks - Bonehand

11 spots left (and hopefully Zooty takes one of those):

Buffalo Bills

New York Jets

Baltimore Ravens

Houston Texans Reserved until 6/24/06

Indianapolis Colts

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Oakland Raiders

Atlanta Falcons

New Orleans Saints

San Francisco 49ers

As per above, I will take Texans, if McBoog takes the Bolts. Also, if McBoog signs up, but we do not get any other owners, I say we go with what he have, and I will just play with myself for 6 games :D

Edited by rbmcdonald

FYI

If we get this going. I figure that after people will take their 1, 2, 3 or 4 players as discussed in the thread, we will have a snake draft with the first overall pick going to the worst fantasy team.

I figure that we can determine this by getting a top 200 and add the rankings of a teams' top five players. Teams without 5 players in the top 200 will recieve a 200 for every player not in the top 200.

Once this is done - the team with the highest average, drafts first, followed by the second highest average, etc.

There are teams with multiple studs... so this would allow the lesser teams (NYJ, Niners, etc) one of these studs. eg: If Manning is kept... Wayne and Harrison will be out there for the picking. If the Edge is kept, Fitz and Boldin will be out there.

Truth be told... with the keeping of 1, 2, 3 or 4 players (depending on their ranking)... this might hook up a lesser team more than a stud filled team.

Houston Texans - Reserved for 24 hours, until 06/24/06 (if that is ok with the cap'n)

No problem.

Edited by Duchess Jack

Perhaps we should enlist Big John's help to identify a few AFC homers from his "big black book", or start a new thread which identifies this as a BotH league and lists the remaining teams available, so prospective owners don't have to go through the entire thread.

Edited by General Itals

I'd be willing to take on a co-commish role for at least the first season.

Where are all the AFC fans at The Huddle? You guys need to represent!

Excellent. Thanks brother. That would be a big load off.

On that note... we are off to Pittsburg and are going to take a little ohio detour to visit bunz.

No braking into my house and going through my undie drawers while I am gone, spain :D

Have a good weekend everyone.

Edited by Duchess Jack

Don't think it'll work out...They play regular 16 week sched over 17 weeks. When would we do our playoffs?

If we just cut our sched early, some teams would play opponents twice and some won't. Too many hangups on that one.

Double headers on the weeks NO NFL teams have byes. :D

Example from Home Field Advantage League

1 Philadelphia Eagles at Houston Texans

1 Carolina Panthers at Philadelphia Eagles (Real week 13)

2 New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles

2 Philadelphia Eagles at Washington Redskins (Real week 14)

3 Philadelphia Eagles at San Francisco 49ers

4 Green Bay Packers at Philadelphia Eagles

5 Dallas Cowboys at Philadelphia Eagles

6 Philadelphia Eagles at New Orleans Saints

7 Philadelphia Eagles at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

8 Jacksonville Jaguars at Philadelphia Eagles

9 Bye Week at Philadelphia Eagles

10 Washington Redskins at Philadelphia Eagles

10 Philadelphia Eagles at New York Giants (Real week 15)

11 Tennessee Titans at Philadelphia Eagles

11 Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys (Real week 16)

12 Philadelphia Eagles at Indianapolis Colts

12 Atlanta Falcons at Philadelphia Eagles (Real week 17)

Exactly what I would have suggested Zoot-suit :D

Curious as there seems to be more discussion about the league name than rules reading through here. I don't know if there are things you have decided on but here are some ????

Are you going to start 1 RB? It won't be deep enough to do two since alot of teams go RBBC.

So is this going to be a keeper league? Are the Homer players supposed to be the keepers? How does that effect next years draft when keepers are taken into consideration? Numner of players you can keep? (if it is a keeper...lol)

Is the scoring you posted early on going to be the scoring DJ?

Are you looking at a live draft (hard to get 12 people in one place let alone 32) or a slow draft? I think a 48 round, 12 team IDP Dynasty we did took a little over two weeks slow draft.

I guess the D-team would be fine but that would put me at an instant disadvantage with the Saints :D

One thing I suggest is getting a rulebook together. Something that can have some concrete things in with the understanding that some other things may be determined yet. I just suggest this because I think it makes for an easier start to the league. You want to have everyone on the same page because the difference between pick 2 and 28 is huge and you don't want a bunch of questions popping up then.

Edited by CarryTheRock

Exactly what I would have suggested Zoot-suit :D

Curious as there seems to be more discussion about the league name than rules reading through here. I don't know if there are things you have decided on but here are some ????

Are you going to start 1 RB? It won't be deep enough to do two since alot of teams go RBBC. The last proposal was 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE & 1 Flex (RB,WR,TE) + Homer K and Homer D, I believe

So is this going to be a keeper league? Are the Homer players supposed to be the keepers? How does that effect next years draft when keepers are taken into consideration? Numner of players you can keep? (if it is a keeper...lol) Current proposal is for redrat only, I beleive.

Is the scoring you posted early on going to be the scoring DJ?

Are you looking at a live draft (hard to get 12 people in one place let alone 32) or a slow draft? I think a 48 round, 12 team IDP Dynasty we did took a little over two weeks slow draft.

I guess the D-team would be fine but that would put me at an instant disadvantage with the Saints :D

One thing I suggest is getting a rulebook together. Something that can have some concrete things in with the understanding that some other things may be determined yet. I just suggest this because I think it makes for an easier start to the league. You want to have everyone on the same page because the difference between pick 2 and 28 is huge and you don't want a bunch of questions popping up then.

In the first round, you get to pick a Homer player ONLY, correct? This plus your homer D and Kicker?!?!

:D

Still a work in progress, but see post 37 in this thread. The idea is if you pick a +top 25 homer (LT anyone) then you only get one homer, if you go lower, you get more (25 - 50 2 homers or under 50 3 homers).

Buffalo Bills -

Miami Dolphins - DJ/Wench

New England Patriots - Bring Back Pat!!!

New York Jets -

Baltimore Ravens -

Cincinnati Bengals - Cincy Slammers

Cleveland Browns - Gonkis

Pittsburgh Steelers - Menudo

Indianapolis Colts - Hazen

Jacksonville Jaguars -

Tennessee Titans -

Denver Broncos - theohiostate

Kansas City Chiefs - cre8tiff

Oakland Raiders -

San Diego Chargers - rbmcdonald

Dallas Cowboys - General Itals

New York Giants - FWmaker

Philadelphia Eagles - Mauraders11

Washington Redskins - nogohawk

Chicago Bears - Ralph Furley

Detroit Lions - Doc Holliday

Green Bay Packers - Randall

Minnesota Vikings - Savage Beatings

Atlanta Falcons -

Carolina Panthers - Jumpin Johnies

New Orleans Saints -

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - slingblade

Arizona Cardinals - Nuke'em ttg

St. Louis Rams - Twiley

San Francisco 49ers -

Seattle Seahawks - Bonehand

I would have preferred the Steelers, but living south of Indy for 5 years and watching their games on TV and attending a few games made me a fan of the team. Not quite a homer, but pretty close.

I am thinking about joining. Do I have to be an authentic homer or can I just take over one of the empty teams?

I believe that it is preferred that you either have a rooting interest in or live somewhat geographically close to the team you wish to represent.

However, if we are coming down to the deadline, and an "orphaned" team still doesn't have an owner, I think that we would be willing to let you adopt them... as long as yer not ghey. :D

I believe that it is preferred that you either have a rooting interest in or live somewhat geographically close to the team you wish to represent.

However, if we are coming down to the deadline, and an "orphaned" team still doesn't have an owner, I think that we would be willing to let you adopt them... as long as yer not ghey. :D

Stuff only comes out. Not 40 yrs old yet, so nothing needs to go in.

I will be relocating to Dallas this year, but that team is already taken. Wouldn't mind getting the Titans though.

I have been looking around for a keeper/dynasty league to join. Something more challenging. This looks pretty good.

Look at the words highlighted in red.

and here i thoght i was being high tech by imbedding my response in color in your quote

I didin't even see it. Another point for my wifes case that I'm color blind...

FYI

If we get this going. I figure that after people will take their 1, 2, 3 or 4 players as discussed in the thread, we will have a snake draft with the first overall pick going to the worst fantasy team.

I figure that we can determine this by getting a top 200 and add the rankings of a teams' top five players. Teams without 5 players in the top 200 will recieve a 200 for every player not in the top 200.

Once this is done - the team with the highest average, drafts first, followed by the second highest average, etc.

There are teams with multiple studs... so this would allow the lesser teams (NYJ, Niners, etc) one of these studs. eg: If Manning is kept... Wayne and Harrison will be out there for the picking. If the Edge is kept, Fitz and Boldin will be out there.

Truth be told... with the keeping of 1, 2, 3 or 4 players (depending on their ranking)... this might hook up a lesser team more than a stud filled team.

No problem.

No they won't........ :D

These teams remain open in the AFC...

Buffalo Bills -

New York Jets -

Baltimore Ravens -

Houston Texans - (rbmcdonald if MCBoog takes San Diego)

Jacksonville Jaguars -

Tennessee Titans -

Oakland Raiders -

These teams remain available in the NFC...

Atlanta Falcons -

New Orleans Saints -

San Francisco 49ers -