[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NCAA Tourney Official Thread

Vinatieri Is God

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great hoops so far today!! :D

Not only the OT game between Ohio State and the X men, but...

Butler 62

Maryland 59

and...

Texas A&M 72

Louisville 69

That's some good stuff!!! :D

First BC isn't your ACC brethren. They're a bunch of Big East turncoats. Second, Georgetown is going to crush them inside.

Hey, the greatest conference in the land came calling and they are a good addition to the ACC-win-win sutuation. Don't kid yourself-the ACC could have had any two teams outts the Big East, but Vigginy and Massachusetts do border the Atlantic Ocean...hence...Atlantic Coast Conference-it's a geography thing :D

Looks like NC is in a dog fight ...msu is a tough tournament team

MSU is a tough tourney team and the Heels stuck it to 'em when it counted. The Heels getting overlooked a tad in the East with all the pundits talking up Texas and Georgetown. That's a mistake as we are playing tough and are as deep and as talented as any team in the country. Tyler Hansbrough takes off the mask and drops 33 on the Spartans. :D

MSU is a tough tourney team and the Heels stuck it to 'em when it counted. The Heels getting overlooked a tad in the East with all the pundits talking up Texas and Georgetown. That's a mistake as we are playing tough and are as deep and as talented as any team in the country. Tyler Hansbrough takes off the mask and drops 33 on the Spartans. :D

MSU was terrible this year. I just can't see UNC getting by both Texas/USC AND GTown/Vandy.

IF they do, they'll handle who they need to out of OSU's region.

MSU was terrible this year. I just can't see UNC getting by both Texas/USC AND GTown/Vandy.

IF they do, they'll handle who they need to out of OSU's region.

It's true that they did not have a good record. It's not insignificant, however, that they were the #4 scoring defense in the country, giving up 56 points in a game. UNC scored 81, more points than MSU had given up all year. They were also a strong rebounding team that we beat on the boards 40-29. The knock against the Heels is that they are not tough. We certainly looked tough yesterday.

If we can win 2 more games, we can win 4. :D

It's true that they did not have a good record. It's not insignificant, however, that they were the #4 scoring defense in the country, giving up 56 points in a game. UNC scored 81, more points than MSU had given up all year. They were also a strong rebounding team that we beat on the boards 40-29. The knock against the Heels is that they are not tough. We certainly looked tough yesterday.

If we can win 2 more games, we can win 4. :D

Got UNC in my final 4 and glad to have them. Really like their tempo of play.

Wow! Purdue gave Florida fits! Gotta give the Boilermakers credit for hanging tough. My Midwest bracket is all f'ed up now with Butler in, Wiscy losing. If UNLV can pull the upset over Oregon and Florida can beat a tough Butler squad, it sets up UNLV and Lon Kruger(Florida's old coach) against the Gators. I love this March Madness!!!!! :D

SC dominating Texas. Actually very surprised Texas isn't really impressing me. SC has em dominated at every position on floor cept Durant. Young, Gibson, Pruitt and co. just way too much for the young Horns to handle.

Pac 10 looking to get 3 in the Sweet 16, and WSU should have been the 4th if they didn't blow the Vandy game.

SC dominating Texas. Actually very surprised Texas isn't really impressing me. SC has em dominated at every position on floor cept Durant. Young, Gibson, Pruitt and co. just way too much for the young Horns to handle.

Pac 10 looking to get 3 in the Sweet 16, and WSU should have been the 4th if they didn't blow the Vandy game.

Looks like the SEC will have to settle on 3 teams in the Sweet 16 as well. Kansas is comfortably ahead of Kentucky again after the Wildcats got back within a few points.

I can't believe the Horns are getting worked after watching PooSC get trounced by the Ducks in the Pac-10 championship game. I don't know if that's showing how good Oregon/USC are... or that Texas isn't that good. I think it may be neither... Texas just didn't come to play. :D

I can't believe the Horns are getting worked after watching PooSC get trounced by the Ducks in the Pac-10 championship game. I don't know if that's showing how good Oregon/USC are... or that Texas isn't that good. I think it may be neither... Texas just didn't come to play. :D

Naw- I think yer selling OU and USC short. Texas just doesn't have the talent SC does, I think it was pretty apparent. SC has some outstanding guards, wing players and Gibson cleans the glass and is tough down low. Plus what, 4 freshman and a soph in the starting 5 ?? not gonna get it done. Tim Floyd is a heckuva defensive coach, and Rick Barnes is one of the worst coaches in the country.

Oregon looked real good today - if they are shooting well- they can play with anyone.

the better team won this game.

hungover and bored...........

quick breakdown by conference -

ACC - UNC.........not a real good showing by the "best conference" in the country. Got exposed as being more mediocre than anything.

Big East Pitt, GT - as expected pretty Pitt is done v UCLA, Gtown looking strong

Big 12 - KU, A&M - as expected, conference was top heavy all year- both are playing well. KU looks like the best team thus far IMO.

Big 10- wow, a miracle 3 from being completely shut out, had some tough matchups, Wisky was a big dissapointment

Pac 10 - UCLA, USC, OU....... all looking pretty good - like OU's chances v UNLV, UCLA should roll, and USC v UNC will be a helluva game.

SEC- FLA, Vandy, Tenn - pretty solid all playing well- Fla v. KU looks inevitable.

hungover and bored...........

quick breakdown by conference -

ACC - UNC.........not a real good showing by the "best conference" in the country. Got exposed as being more mediocre than anything.

Big East Pitt, GT - as expected pretty Pitt is done v UCLA, Gtown looking strong

Big 12 - KU, A&M - as expected, conference was top heavy all year- both are playing well. KU looks like the best team thus far IMO.

Big 10- wow, a miracle 3 from being completely shut out, had some tough matchups, Wisky was a big dissapointment

Pac 10 - UCLA, USC, OU....... all looking pretty good - like OU's chances v UNLV, UCLA should roll, and USC v UNC will be a helluva game.

SEC- FLA, Vandy, Tenn - pretty solid all playing well- Fla v. KU looks inevitable.

Ahem, you left out the Missouri Valley Conference.

MVC - SIU... Creighton lost a tough one in OT to Nevada to start the tourney for the MVC, but the Salukis have looked dominant on defense in their first two games. In what would have been a very tough game already for Southern Illinois on Thursday against Kansas, the Salukis are also likely to still be missing Junior starting Forward Matt Shaw who went down at the end of the first half against Holy Cross with a high ankle sprain. Tony Boyle who filled in admirably for Shaw in the second half of the Holy Cross game had zero points and only three rebounds as a starter against Virginia Tech. All in all, not bad for the MVC as this is the second year in a row that 50% of their tourney teams have reached the Sweet-16.

Ahem, you left out the Missouri Valley Conference.

MVC - SIU... Creighton lost a tough one in OT to Nevada to start the tourney for the MVC, but the Salukis have looked dominant on defense in their first two games. In what would have been a very tough game already for Southern Illinois on Thursday against Kansas, the Salukis are also likely to still be missing Junior starting Forward Matt Shaw who went down at the end of the first half against Holy Cross with a high ankle sprain. Tony Boyle who filled in admirably for Shaw in the second half of the Holy Cross game had zero points and only three rebounds as a starter against Virginia Tech. All in all, not bad for the MVC as this is the second year in a row that 50% of their tourney teams have reached the Sweet-16.

my bad - from what I have seen in watching SIU play - very impressed by them. Tough team, play smart, good guard play and they take care of the ball, lay tough D.